AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-02, 12:31   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Claymore Chapter 81

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 81.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:40   Link #2
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Whoooo! chapter 81 is just over the horizon, I'm looking forward to it.

well spoilers are already out there and so far only one seems to be fairly reliable, there should be some more spoiler images comming out soon as well.

To continue from the ch. 80 thread, since it seems to be priscilla with Raki, chances of them comming to help Lune out with her situation are improving. Also if Raki's words are correct (and the spoiler is true) we may see an eventual showdown between him and priscilla (not likely). it would be pretty cool to see, but Raki would obviously be outclassed in every way. I'd love to see how he would pull through, if that's even possible.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-07-02, 12:41   Link #3
williamaugustus
*Author

so what? now that the thread is made there is nothing to talk about? come on guys say something. i personally have no need to post til i see the real thing but you guys were all raring to go and now that the thread is up you say nothing. whats with that. except nobodyman, he said something.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:41   Link #4
evil_kenshin

well if its true it means two things

a) won't lead to a falling out between him and Clare if Clare kills Priscilla
b) Raki still has connections to both Isley + Priscilla (no way someone like Isley will be killed off screen)
Old 2008-07-02, 12:44   Link #5
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

From the Chapter 80 Thread's death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
pic of lune

's back....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
the true spoiler has arrived:

Spoiler for size:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Finally a spoiler worth wasting time on. I'll do what I can to get speed translate as much of it as I can (at the expense of accuracy):

Spoiler for spoiler translation:

Keep in mind this is a lunch break rough translation. I usually take a lot more time to make sure I'm a lot more accurate - there WILL be inaccuracies.

Nice find though!
This is some of what we have so far.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:57   Link #6
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamaugustus View Post
so what? now that the thread is made there is nothing to talk about? come on guys say something. i personally have no need to post til i see the real thing but you guys were all raring to go and now that the thread is up you say nothing. whats with that. except nobodyman, he said something.
well its not like were got anything to work on lol i'll post when i've read the chapter myself (as in 100% sure this is true)
Old 2008-07-02, 13:12   Link #7
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Again, something seems wrong here if this spoiler is true.

If Raki passed by Rabona with this girl one year before all this incident, and it's been a few years since Galatea is at Rabona, then... shouldn't Galatea have sensed this girl if she is who we really think she is?
Hmmm... I feel that Galatea's senses are going to be nerfed again. I don't like that.

And we finally met Lune. Number #6 seems a good rank, but I wouldn't be so sure in a generation like hers.
Anyway, it's always interesting (in a strange way) to see Riful's interactions with a Claymore, especially an useful one like Lune.
Let's see Riful's approach, I think she will really use strength now, and that speaks bad for Lune. Nonetheless she doesn't need Lune to awaken, somehow Riful just wants her talent at yoki manipulating for some purpose.
I hope we'll find out what this purpose is in the next chapters, I guess it would be a lot more interesting than Raki's epic adventures through the continent as people are expecting.

By the way, if Raki is travelling alone with Priscilla, then where the hell is Isley?
It doesn't make sense him letting these two (or at least Priscilla) go and travel around. Without Priscilla close to him, he loses all his strategic advantage against all the powers in the continent.

Last edited by Fate_Archer; 2008-07-02 at 13:48.
Old 2008-07-02, 13:36   Link #8
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_Archer View Post
By the way, if Raki is travelling alone with Priscilla, then where the hell is Isley?
It doesn't make sense him letting these two (or at least Priscilla) go and travel around. Without Priscilla close to him, he loses all his strategic advantage against all the powers in the continent.
To Isley it doesn't matter if Priscilla is cose to him or not. He only does what Priscilla wishes (going south) and if there is someone else who can fulfill her wish easier, Isley wont try to get her back or keep her with himself. Why he wanted to make her stronger I don't really know, but maybe for her to reach the south for sure.

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Old 2008-07-02, 13:42   Link #9
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Something is definitely wrong with that spoiler, I can feel it in my bones.
Old 2008-07-02, 13:56   Link #10
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

I'm no good with all this spoiler stuff, and i'm usually wrong, but that picture looks wrong... it's like someone pasted an image from a random pieta claymore onto a background and put some speech bubbles in... If Lune appeared so much in the text, how comes it's only a back shot of her.../?

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2008-07-02, 14:09   Link #11
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think the picture looks pretty normal for a chinlation scan of Claymore. The hardest part of drawing something that actually looks like a manga is getting the tones right, especially because they do not scan well and look rather funny when put through a computer. It could be cut and pasted but I do not think so.

And guys, I can't believe I didn't make the connection before; Little girl on shoulder, no sense of direction, powerful character who kills monsters: zaRAKI Kenpachi!
Old 2008-07-02, 14:14   Link #12
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
LOL, someone will need to draw a picture of Raki dressed up as Kenpachi with priscilla doing his hair now.

I wonder when we'll see more spoiler images? Some good ones may be able to settle the Raki's Height argument.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-07-02, 14:15   Link #13
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

chiba will deserve an applause if the little girl is Priscilla.

But it will bring lots of inconsistencies so I think and hope this is a fake spoiler.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:19   Link #14
myshka

her hair doesnt look weird.....
Old 2008-07-02, 14:21   Link #15
Vinak
Procrastinator

sorta similar...
Spoiler for picture:
Old 2008-07-02, 14:28   Link #16
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Inconsistencies that might arise by the girl being Priscilla can be explained pretty easily. Much like the question as to how Galatea could hide in a city for 7 years without anyone noticing she was a silver eyed witch unless she had a cart full of yoki pills. The answer made perfect sense; she cut her own eyes out. Or how the ghosts survived Pieta. Or how Irene hid herself for years. All these new pieces of information came from a development in the plot, not in something that had been seen before. It was a surprise, but it made perfect sense and was consistent. That will keep happening in the story. Priscilla has always been difficult to read and if she was not eating anyone in Rabona Galatea probably wouldn't go ballistic and get org people to help kill her. I think it can be explained pretty easily if Yagi wants to go that way. The spoiler is still unconfirmed though.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:33   Link #17
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

yeah, this is something i admire on yagi. The surprises in story developement can most of the time logically deduced from the knowledge we have so far but still are surprises
Old 2008-07-02, 14:35   Link #18
myshka

did the spoiler come from a reliable source?

the spoiler pic does kinda look cut and paste....
Old 2008-07-02, 14:39   Link #19
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Lols if it is Priscilla. Then my stolid stance on last months predictions will be rewarded and I will have to find a gloating image. *giggles* still unconfirmed though.
I guess if this is true, and we actually did the signature bet, I would be wearing some goofy picture as a signature with the text "OWNED BY CHIBA" or something like that for the next month.

Well, this spoiler is so similar to the one we got yesterday which many people put off as fake, and not from just this board. The spoiler that we read was just a very short English translated version of it, and the translator admittedly wasn't very good at translating it.

I don't know if this spoiler is just the same from yesterday, but in its original Japanese text form, or untranslated.

I'm not yet sure if it's real or not. At least not 80% sure.

Quote:
And we finally met Lune. Number #6 seems a good rank, but I wouldn't be so sure in a generation like hers.
Anyway, it's always interesting (in a strange way) to see Riful's interactions with a Claymore, especially an useful one like Lune.
Let's see Riful's approach, I think she will really use strength now, and that speaks bad for Lune. Nonetheless she doesn't need Lune to awaken, somehow Riful just wants her talent at yoki manipulating for some purpose.
I hope we'll find out what this purpose is in the next chapters, I guess it would be a lot more interesting than Raki's epic adventures through the continent as people are expecting.

Unless we see Raki come back to rescue Lune, I think that's probably the last we'll see of Lune for a while. I don't think we'll find out Riful's "secret" just yet.

This scene might be like the scene where right after Clare leaves Irene, Raphaela shows up, and we don't know what happens. We're just supposed to assume that Raphaela kills Irene.

The next chapter will probably be back on Raki. And I'm not a Raki-lubber. It's just that even with this spoiler, there is just still too much stuff to tell the readers about Raki's and Priscilla's side.

Quote:
Isley may not even be on the continent anymore.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:43   Link #20
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

I don't want to go over the height issue again, but if the little girl is Priscilla, it would be a hard-to-swallow fact. Of course, unless Yagi makes a perfectly reasonable explanation like ABs have more than one human form.

And about Isley: What was the war in Pieta and the fight against Luciela for? What exactly is his motive, I don't believe his whole purpose in life is to serve Priscilla. How come he let go of Priscilla so easily? If Raki is the problem, he could mysteriously vanish into thin air.
Closed Thread