AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-26, 16:01   Link #221
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

dragon132004 private messaged me and I wanted to know if there had been any activity or if anyone else had helped him. You can say all you want that you were just being kind, but the guy asked for help finding MY version of the show since he was told that it was really good and all he got was a reply saying that anyone who says my version is good is being cruel. All he wanted was help and you were just condescending toward what he wanted.

Anyway, I sent him an offer that if he still wants my episode then I'll be more than happy to put them up on rapidshare for him. Also, Hayami, if you still want the OSTs for the three shows I have them on my computer. I'll provide links to everything in this thread should the need arise.

*edit*

And I am free to say that a show sucks when a show sucks.

*edit 2*

I apologize for bumping an old thread but today was my first time logging in for about three months and I assumed the private message was no older than a week or two.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 16:46   Link #222
Hayami
lonely soul

Well, I may be wrong, but I think we should be fair to every show. Every show has fans, otherwise it wouldn't sell at all. I even ordered a DVD or two from Japan back then (in spite of the price, the customs, etc.). Even if the show wasn't commercially successful, I wasn't the only one who liked it. There were quite a few people in the forums of the fansub groups that worked on it, in the HF thread that you linked, etc.

Even if the majority seems to think that the show is bad - if the starter of the only/main thread for the show repeats in every post how bad it is, it only creates a bad mood. I think it would be better is this thread was closed now.

Imagine that someone made a parody of Naruto. This guy happened to be the first one to "sub" it and he thinks it's not good at all. He makes a thread about Naruto first (so that no one else can make a thread because it would be against the rules to create a thread about the same show). And this guy just wouldn't stop saying how bad this show is. It wouldn't contribute to a pleasant, friendly atmosphere, would it? Just because LL has much less fans than Naturo (let alone fans who aren't afraid to admit it openly in spite of being accused in having bad taste and what not), it doesn't mean that the current situation if just fine. Frankly I wouldn't mind if we were allowed to create a second thread for LL. Then I would ignore your thread.

You're right about being kind to the guy who wanted your fansub/parody version. Yet the fact that your version is not listed on animesuki speaks for itself. For all we know the guy could have wanted a real translation and didn't realize that your version was but a parody. If he replied and explained that this is exactly what he wanted I'd probably even searched for your version. I think it wasn't wrong to inform him about the differences between the versions.

Oh, and the show is awesome ^_-
It's hard to explain or even understand why I like it... I think it feels like an antidote to the excess of tasteless moe & cheesy romances (though general I like moe, and I don't like romances either.) It's insane and refreshing. Oh, and it has delicious loli & nice character design ^^

I don't mind if someone posts constructive critics. But repeating in every post "it performs oral sex" is just childish.
Old 2008-07-26, 16:56   Link #223
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Oh, I see now that our feud has been formed from a huge misunderstanding. When I said that the show sucked, I didn't mean that it performed oral sex. I just meant that it's like a vacuum cleaner in that it's both contains and attracts the worst elements of humanity.
Old 2008-07-26, 17:07   Link #224
Hayami
lonely soul

See, if you put it this way it sounds much less offensive. Except you're calling the fans of this show "the worst elements of humanity" ^^
Old 2014-03-17, 11:19   Link #225
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Hi everyone! Sorry to necro an old thread, but I need help! A few years ago both my computer and my backup drive were destroyed and I lost the episodes of all of the shows I subtitled. The only thing I was able to recover was the second episode of Spiderman 1978.

Anyway, the episodes I did were really special to me (and I understand that they were special to a lot of you as well) so I'm hoping to find a copy of them. I know it's been a decade since I released them into the wild so the chances of someone keeping my crappy little parody fansubs are pretty low, but I'm still going to hope for a miracle!

If anyone has any of my old series (Love Love, Spiderman 1978, Legend of Duo), I would appreciate if you could send me a private message.

As a parting gift, I'll share this screenshot which is the only thing left of the series that I still have.

Old 2014-03-17, 11:39   Link #226
Dr. Casey

Let me know if you find them, since based on that screenshot I'd enjoy watching Love Love too.

2004 was unfortunately long before I entered the fansub scene (I didn't get DSL until 2006, so fansubs were out of the question unless I wanted to spend 10 hours downloading each episode) so I don't have those episodes on hand myself, but I would recommend sending out private messages to those you know downloaded the episodes once upon a time. You can dig through past posts and maybe past PMs to make sure that you remember everyone. I doubt it would annoy anyone, and even if it does oh well, reclaiming these episodes and allowing me to enjoy the complete chronicles of Cucumber Girl is more important. I see that NoNannsiwa's on your friends list, who's a fellow 2003er, so he might be a good place to start... I also see that the Hongfire forums are still up (even though the thread that talked about your fansubs was deleted). You could also try sending PMs to those who chimed in during that thread's run, since 2008's a fair bit more recent than 2004 and all.

Good luck, hope you're able to get your episodes back. ;_;

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2014-03-17 at 11:44. Reason: looking at the first posts, was actually 2004, not 2003
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 11:41   Link #227
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Thanks for the advice. I actually already contacted NoSanninWa. Sadly, no dice! I'll check out HongFire.
Old 2014-03-17, 14:19   Link #228
Hayami
lonely soul

OMG, it's actually licensed... Am I dreaming?
Just ordered!

Perhaps Rizelmine has a chance too?!
Old 2015-10-27, 03:02   Link #229
Artemiy

Were you ever able to recover the first episode of Spiderman? I did find the second one in my stashes, but unfortunately nothing else.

God-tier subs those were.
Artemiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 21:32   Link #230
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemiy View Post
Were you ever able to recover the first episode of Spiderman? I did find the second one in my stashes, but unfortunately nothing else.

God-tier subs those were.
Thanks for the kind words, but I still haven't been able to find anyone with either Love Love, the first episode of Spiderman 1978 or the first two episodes of Legend of Duo.

There's only one person I can think of that might still have them and that was my RAW provider. Unfortunately, it's been over ten years since I last had contact with him and I don't even remember what his name or handle were. I only contacted him through ICQ and unfortunately my ICQ account can't be recovered because the email address it was associated with has long since been deleted (thanks, pre-Microsoft hotmail!).

If you can believe it, the last contact I had with him was to secure RAWs for the entirety of Spiderman 1978. It was my plan to sub the entire series but sadly things changed in my life and I wasn't able to finish work on episode 3.

Maybe one day I'll just re-sub Spiderman 1978 episode 1 from memory - I can actually remember almost all of the lines.

*edit* I thought I made a post on Hongfire for this, but I guess I didn't! Here it is, hot off the press

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2015-10-27 at 21:47.
Old 2015-10-29, 12:16   Link #231
Artemiy

Wayback machine and google led me to Chinese youtube that still had the first episode uploaded, so while it won't be of the same quality (not that the original file was of a very high resolution), I'll try ripping it later: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA2Mjk3NDYw.html

Edit: ripped - https://madokami.com/yls3l5.flv

Incidentally, it's fun and pretty embarassing, as it should be, to read my own comment on your site left almost ten years ago, but one thing struck me as pretty ironic.

Quote:
Not much of an anime dude myself
Boy did I not know back then what life had in stock for me.

Last edited by Artemiy; 2015-10-29 at 18:29.
Artemiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-30, 12:07   Link #232
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemiy View Post
Wayback machine and google led me to Chinese youtube that still had the first episode uploaded, so while it won't be of the same quality (not that the original file was of a very high resolution), I'll try ripping it later: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA2Mjk3NDYw.html

Edit: ripped - https://madokami.com/yls3l5.flv

Incidentally, it's fun and pretty embarassing, as it should be, to read my own comment on your site left almost ten years ago, but one thing struck me as pretty ironic.

Boy did I not know back then what life had in stock for me.
Incredible! Thank you so much for your help in finding this. It's a shame that the resolution is about half of what it should be but this is absolutely incredible news and it's definitely renewed my hope in finding my subbed episodes of Love Love as well.

I know what I'm watching tonight!

Tags
harem, loli