AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-17, 16:05   Link #261
Navel

It simply means it's not the kind of food you like. Don't feel bad, I don't like the types of food you have in your signature either. You simply have to move to another shop to get your food, that's all.
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 16:45   Link #262
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navel View Post
It simply means it's not the kind of food you like. Don't feel bad, I don't like the types of food you have in your signature either. You simply have to move to another shop to get your food, that's all.
Please use other metaphors, you're making me hungry.
Old 2008-07-18, 00:18   Link #263
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.xamd.jp/

It's official. In September the PS Video Store will launch in Japan, and Xamdou will be an exclusive on it, with one new episode per week. The price is 400yen for HD and 300yen for SD, and the Japanese get a better rental deal because each episode lasts for 3 days after first viewing.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 00:37   Link #264
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's official. In September the PS Video Store will launch in Japan, and Xamdou will be an exclusive on it, with one new episode per week. The price is 400yen for HD and 300yen for SD, and the Japanese get a better rental deal because each episode lasts for 3 days after first viewing.
For the same price too, more or less.

But Canada?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 02:25   Link #265
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
If I purchase it from PSN, is it subbed or raw? I don't want to waste 4 bucks on something i can't fully understand.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 02:27   Link #266
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
If I purchase it from PSN, is it subbed or raw? I don't want to waste 4 bucks on something i can't fully understand.
The one on the US PSN store is subbed.

Edit: There are more keyframe sequences on the official site, here are the direct links.

By Hidetsugu Itou, this is the explosion scene from the trailer: http://www.xamd.jp/special/movie/02C055.swf

By Yasushi Muraki, this is the scene where the mechs float over the ground in the trailer: http://www.xamd.jp/special/movie/04C018.swf
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 02:30   Link #267
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
For the same price too, more or less.

But Canada?
Actually Japan gets it a bit cheaper, since the exchange rate is still 105 yen per dollar.

I think that might be a first? I suppose US folk are paying the extra 25 cents per episode for getting it 2 months earlier.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 11:44   Link #268
Dingo
The polyphony

Well that fucking sucks.Guess I'll be waiting for the dvds to hit.

I wonder how long till those are out anyway
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:26   Link #269
Asane
Lelouch follower

Well, I understand you dissapointment with the distribution methods but I still believe it's important to support BONES. Anyway, you guys do know that it was said that in AV watch this as apparently the most downloaded file in the Playstation Video Store. Im not talking about just the Anime section, but the whole store!!! It might just do really well in the store.
Asane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:38   Link #270
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asane View Post
Well, I understand you dissapointment with the distribution methods but I still believe it's important to support BONES. Anyway, you guys do know that it was said that in AV watch this as apparently the most downloaded file in the Playstation Video Store. Im not talking about just the Anime section, but the whole store!!! It might just do really well in the store.
Its the distribution method that prevents some people to support it though (outside USA).
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:41   Link #271
terrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
Well that fucking sucks.Guess I'll be waiting for the dvds to hit.

I wonder how long till those are out anyway
Well most anime dvd's are usually released after every fourth or fifth episode, there won't be a dub for about a year though, (could be less though if Bones and Sony planned the PSN deal from the start) so they could release a bundle pack of subbed episodes that you can keep, but would that make it easier for people to rip the episodes from than it would a dvd?

Quote:
It's good to hear that this is at least having some success though.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:43   Link #272
SinsI

Quote:
Source of the info?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:54   Link #273
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
well i personally can't wait to watch this. Have a PS3, but waiting to return home to my big HD tv so I can watch this show in full HD glory.

Though I havn't seen many people actually talk about the first episode, mainly complaints about the distribution and how this is going to fail. Personally I think the rental thing is a good move for Bones because this reduces the likelihood of it appearing in torrents, and I'm a firm believer in supporting anime series financially when possible (with the exception of buying DVDs overseas, only when its licensed, etc). Though I wish we had the 3 days to view it privilege that the japanese store gets.

But like many others, I think 4 bucks for an HD episodes, thats a bit pricy, I can't deny that. At most it should be 3 bucks an HD episode, and 2 bucks for the standard, but since this is an exclusive, I guess thats why they raised it a bit. Nevertheless this is still kinda unfair to many who either

a.) don't own a ps3
b.) arn't in the US (at least japan gets it in september)
c.) All of the above

But at least sony is trying to shoot for the anime fan demographic, and for those who saying this will fail because its such a small audience that this will be a hit for, I would beg to differ. I wouldn't already shoot down the success for this move, but its undeniable that there is a large amount of people with PS3's in the US (not as big as the 360, but still its doing really well here in the states with the competition), and anime is becoming alot more mainstream these days, so the likelihood that there people would even have a remote interest to even check out the trailer (which is awesome) I think is better than most people that saying this is doomed to fail. I know its a prediction people are making, but I gonna say I personally like this as I can still watch a brand spanking new anime series straight from japan without having to dirty my hands with fansubs, and still support it (though fansubs are still a nice way to preview a series, so I know if its a good buy or not when licensed). But hey thats just me.
Shadowfox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 14:17   Link #274
Dingo
The polyphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Well most anime dvd's are usually released after every fourth or fifth episode, there won't be a dub for about a year though, (could be less though if Bones and Sony planned the PSN deal from the start) so they could release a bundle pack of subbed episodes that you can keep, but would that make it easier for people to rip the episodes from than it would a dvd?

Well I am not worried about rips as long as I can get my hands on some DVDs, hopefully they do release a sub-only version.

What are the chances of that happening though?
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 14:28   Link #275
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Source of the info?
Me. via a Japanese article on AV Watch.

See here:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20080718/sce.htm
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 14:32   Link #276
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
Well I am not worried about rips as long as I can get my hands on some DVDs, hopefully they do release a sub-only version.

What are the chances of that happening though?
I'd say very high actually. I mean just about anything could happen regarding this show going on sale on DVD.

I'm wondering if this show plans to carry on like it is, or will just carry on airing once it begins in Japan in September. Is that true?
Old 2008-07-18, 14:46   Link #277
Asane
Lelouch follower

Well, the Japanese video store was just announced as launching in September and with it, XAM'D. Well that's good for our Japanese friends. but our European friends are still left out.
Asane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 16:20   Link #278
terrus

Quote:
Well, the Japanese video store was just announced as launching in September and with it, XAM'D. Well that's good for our Japanese friends. but our European friends are still left out.
Well i'm happy with rips, but a way to get a legit and better quality video would be very nice. Seeing as this has been liscened means that there'll be a dub and therefore DVDs are inevatible what with this being the highest selling thing on the PSN now, but it's a shame were going to have to wait a year until we'll have a chance to be able to own the episodes in any way. there should be an EU video service for ps3 that will open at the same time as the Japanese one but you know the EU, multiple languanges, it's awkward, and what about other parts of the world? Who knows, perhaps this might air on adult swim as well once the dvd's are out.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 03:19   Link #279
ZODDGUTS

Just saw the first episode in HD! gotta say it was pretty good. The animation as expected from Bones was very fluid also loved the music. There really isn't much to say about the first episode since it's slowly setting things up, the next episode on the other hand looks alot of things is gonna happen.

Though there was one thing that I kinda knew was going to happened but still was pretty shocking too see since it was animated pretty well it was the :
Spoiler for bus scene:

Anyways damn, the ending to the episode makes you want to see more which is why I'm gonna get the 2nd episode as well. Damn you bones you reel me in and taking my cash at the same time!
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 03:40   Link #280
Mitheor

One question ... where can i download the first episode in USA Store?

I went to:

- USA Store
- View all by title
- W-X
- Xam´d

But there is only the trailers (720p & 1080p).
t
Where is the full episode?
Mitheor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones