AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-13, 03:36   Link #81
Devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith
Yup, it was announced as being licensed just a few days ago at the Anime Boston convention.
Hmmm if that's so, are we still able to download the OVA when it's released?
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:24   Link #82
junko
model bliss

It wasn't what I expected. I was thinking, "OK, sequel, good, more M&K, or at least more aliens." I was kinda bummed when Karen, Mina, and Maiku turned out to be human. And what was with the whole town knowing of Marie?!? If some little creature in footie pajamas and an innertube came floating up to me, I would run like hell. And why in the heazy didn't they find out about their mom? What was that?
Summary: the only redeeming factor aobut this series was the predictable, yet funny, ecchi moments.
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:32   Link #83
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by junko
Summary: the only redeeming factor aobut this series was the predictable, yet funny, ecchi moments.
Yeah, that's sadly true. Another interesting fact was that it triggered like....a gazillion posts centered around the ever annoying "incest" topic....that was priceless^^
Ahhh, the good old times, what wonderful memories....not *sigh*
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:48   Link #84
junko
model bliss

Watch, in the OAV, they'll discover they're actually triplets and go to bed together. Wouldn't that be something . . .
Not.

Last edited by junko; 2004-04-13 at 21:34. Reason: messge was wrong
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 21:33   Link #85
mikeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by junko
I especially loved the swimsuit one where they were trying to makesure maiku wasn't gay!
mikeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 00:07   Link #86
miloy2k

A funny and eechi anime.. . some of the momment making my nose bleeding
miloy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 06:58   Link #87
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
As a crazed fan of both Teacher and Twins, I think Teacher was a better piece. At least in Teacher, they give nearly everyone some degree of serious character development. In Twins, I really don't like how Matagu is demoted to something so worthless as that, and as for the interesting new addition of his sister, she's also completely ignored. The show's focus around the twins and Maiku, in my opinion, didn't really work either. All we get is a whiny repetition of "We might be related ... we might not be related", followed by a discovery that
Spoiler:

So, both Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins weren't truly brilliant pieces, but Teacher was a bit better done. On an unrelated note, however, I like the music better in Twins.
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 11:15   Link #88
EclipseZeta
Solar Translator

I could've sworn that at the end of episode 12 it was mentioned that Maiku, Miina, and Karen are actually triplets. The whole deal about the picture... how the 2 pictured were actually Maiku and Miina while Karen was inside the house taking a nap.
EclipseZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 13:02   Link #89
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseZeta
I could've sworn that at the end of episode 12 it was mentioned that Maiku, Miina, and Karen are actually triplets. The whole deal about the picture... how the 2 pictured were actually Maiku and Miina while Karen was inside the house taking a nap.
Spoiler:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 13:06   Link #90
Mr.Minou

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
Spoiler:

So, both Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins weren't truly brilliant pieces, but Teacher was a bit better done. On an unrelated note, however, I like the music better in Twins.
spoiler but not for onegai twins.
Spoiler:
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 22:52   Link #91
CardboardBox

QUESTION!!:Onegai Twins ENDING*SORTA SPOILER*

I don't get the ending of the last episode.....how he said mina was actually the one in the baby picture or something....can anyone clear this up for me?
CardboardBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 22:54   Link #92
brightman
Ancient Member

Maiku and Karen are twins. Miina lived with them back when they were children but is not related to them. So in that picture it's actually Maiku and Miina (since they were "childhood friends"), and Karen was taking a nap.
Old 2004-04-25, 13:32   Link #93
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Hmm, when does the OVA come out? I thought it would be now :/
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 21:15   Link #94
kujoe
from head to heel

There are some screenshots up already. That's the OAV, right? Geez...talk about lolicon fanservice.

http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 22:50   Link #95
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
It was a decent anime.

Not deserving to be under the Onegai title.

In other words, If it were NOT the successor to Onegai Teacher, It would have been a good anime.

Because it is the successor to ONegai Teacher, more was expected, and less was delievered. meaning T3H SU/<
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 23:17   Link #96
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
In other words, If it were NOT the successor to Onegai Teacher, It would have been a good anime.
I don't think I'll ever understand people... It's not the "successor" to Teacher, it's another story that takes place in the same town... Oh well, I know what you're saying: in comparison, you liked Teacher better. If there's a third one, though, I hope you let it stand on it's own merit rather than comparing it to other shows.

And also, as an aside, one day I hope to figure out why so many people misunderstood the ending to Twins. Did it all happen too fast or something? When people read subs, do they only read every other line? If they misunderstand something, don't they go back and watch it again? It's honestly a real mystery to me...

relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 13:55   Link #97
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

ナイチチヽ( ´∀` )ノワーイ
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 14:38   Link #98
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I don't think I'll ever understand people... It's not the "successor" to Teacher, it's another story that takes place in the same town... Oh well, I know what you're saying: in comparison, you liked Teacher better. If there's a third one, though, I hope you let it stand on it's own merit rather than comparing it to other shows.

And also, as an aside, one day I hope to figure out why so many people misunderstood the ending to Twins. Did it all happen too fast or something? When people read subs, do they only read every other line? If they misunderstand something, don't they go back and watch it again? It's honestly a real mystery to me...

It is the sucessor. The successor is mearly the next thing to carry on a given name.

Onegai Twins is the successor to Onegai Teacher because it was the next in the line of the Please! project. Making it the successor.

There in, if it was an independant anime. It would have been half-decent.

however, Because it was the successor [ The next in the series ] of Onegai Teacher, It was bad.

Why was it bad? Because there are certain ideals, and a certain level of story expected from such a series. And, IMHO, Onegai Twins did not live up to those ideals and story level.
Old 2004-04-26, 14:40   Link #99
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame

I had a long post describing it in a way that you should understand, but the site had a orgasm and messed up, loosing my post.

So I'll just say this.

Successor is simply the one that carries on the name.

Your child is your Successor.

Pentium 4 is the successor to Pentium 3.

Onegai Twins is the successor of Onegai Teacher.
Old 2004-04-26, 20:51   Link #100
lordwu

Onegai Twins ep.13 raw is out. I'm quite disappointed at both the animation and the story. A pure fan service episode for Onegai Twins fans....
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance