AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 09:50   Link #2601
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaa View Post
I was kinda happy she died, then again i'm a Yin shipper.
*high-fives*

I just finished re-watching up to ep 20 of S1---I forgot how awesome this anime was. I'd like to see how S2 would be able to top it out.
Old 2009-11-01, 07:40   Link #2602
Bombo
TSF Fans

I really love this anime ...Action drama comedy everything have it
there's three chars in this anime I couldn't stop laughing about them
The clumsy detective with his partner and Mao <3
looooooooool
Old 2009-11-01, 09:30   Link #2603
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
*high-fives*

I just finished re-watching up to ep 20 of S1---I forgot how awesome this anime was. I'd like to see how S2 would be able to top it out.
Did i kill your cat in my previous life or something D:

How can you be happy at Amber's death.... T_T
Old 2009-11-08, 08:22   Link #2604
Tanksenior
~:=}

Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited by Tanksenior; 2009-11-08 at 08:37.
Old 2009-11-08, 10:54   Link #2605
Hobbit
. . .

Hmn.. First of all: Hi there.

I have finished the 1st season, and I would be really glad if someone could answer some of my questions : )

Spoiler for Chapter 25:

Ok... Thanks : )
Old 2009-11-08, 22:50   Link #2606
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
1.Yes Pai is inside Hei she gave up her life to give him powers that is why Hei does not have a renumeration. i also like to think that Hei's renumeration is that he never see's his sister agian but can use her powers whenever without a cost. sort of a sick joke. i also base this under the fact that contractors dont have to Renumerate unless they pay their contract off in full like Mao gave up his original body. similar theory with Pai/Hei.

2.Heavens gate was concealed by Pai when she gave Hei her powers this is because the power really allows Hei/Pai to manipulate matter on a molecular level. but i tend to think of it that she moved Heavens gate onto a different plain of existence.

3.Not really sure about the dream i thought it was Hei confronting his own fears about hich path he will choose to walk down. but the part with him saying goodbye to amber was real.
Old 2009-11-12, 20:23   Link #2607
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
CM (Can someone translate?)

Old 2009-11-12, 20:25   Link #2608
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I copied your post from the Image thread. Hei is saying, "I would never leave you alone." Yin replies, "lies."

The rest of it is Hei announcing the date and time for when Ryuusei no Gemini will be available.
Old 2009-11-27, 22:41   Link #2609
SanosukeDA

I'm re-watching the first season, and I happen to have a question. In episode 12, Hei successfully recovers the Meteor Shard and gives it to Huang. I'm now re-watching episode 15, and apparently November 11 stole the Meteor Shard. When in the hell did this happen?
Old 2009-11-27, 22:49   Link #2610
Xacual

November 11 never stole the meteor shard. It was stolen by Amber at the beginning of ep 15.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-11-29, 13:13   Link #2611
kitten320

Had finished anime not so long ago. Duno, I wasn't really impressed that much. Almost whole show there was no actual story. Hei was simply going from mission to mission while Misaki tried to cath him... and always new villians, particulary no real suspence and attachment, "Oh! He had died! Oh, now she had died! What were their names again?"... duno, I just didn't feel much.

I won't lie, characters were great and fights were cool too but something was simply missing for me... But I still will check season 2

I would give the show 7 or 8 out of 10, thanks to action and humor (mostly thanks to Mao, but Hei and Misaki also had funny moments).
Old 2010-01-03, 16:03   Link #2612
nmlpsousa

Edit: wrong thread
Old 2010-01-12, 17:35   Link #2613
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
I felt season 2 was highly disappointing after re-watching season 1. The series was meant to be dark and hard boiled(It is neo-noir after all) but in season 2, only after the beginning it felt like all that element is gone. But in season 1, we have all these questions that are still unanswered still left even more questions in season 2: What are gates? How did contractors came to be? When did this started? What are the specific functions of a contractor and how did they do all these things? Magic? Sci-fi powers?

If they were to make a third season, it would be great if they showed before the events of the first season.
Old 2010-01-13, 06:32   Link #2614
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I feel the origins of the gate and contractors are best left unexplained. Most probably if explained, it will left much disappointments
Old 2010-01-13, 09:48   Link #2615
LKK

It's not uncommon in post-apocalyptic science fiction stories to leave the reason(s) for the apocalypse unexplained. The focus of the story is on how the survivors react to their new world. Although DtB doesn't look like it's set in a post-apocalyptic world because the surroundings look normal, that is in fact what it is. It's the story of how society and individuals carry on living now that their world has changed irrevocably. In this type of story, I wouldn't expect a detailed explanation of what caused the apocalypse. Such explanations are seldom given.

Also, if you think about it, part of the allure of DtB is that the characters we follow don't know why their world changed any more than we do. They're struggling in the dark just as much as we are.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-02-07, 16:34   Link #2616
Fool On The Hill

So I recently finished season 1 and am now a couple of episodes into season 2.

(Spoilers below obviously - if you have not finished season 1 or seen the first 2 episodes of season 2)

Just have a few questions about the season finale of the first season (I'm sure these have been asked before but I can't seem to find the answers):

1. What was the deal with Mao in ep 25? I don't understand why his cat instincts kicked in and he ran away from Hei and Yin. But it seems he was back to his normal self in season 2 since he was with Hei in Siberia. And then they killed him in a matter of seconds...is that correct?
2. The whole dream sequence that occurred after Amber touched Hei with the fragment is beyond me. I understand the concept - Hei had to choose between his human/contractor nature, etc...but...what...exactly...happened?

If someone could help me out with the above two questions, I'd really appreciate it

I have to say, I don't love how this series leaves virtually everything unresolved. It's one thing to have an open-to-interpretation ending or a shroud of mystery throughout a series, but I feel like the writers of DTB were just like, "Let's go ahead and make this as vague as humanly possible and not explain a single thing, ever....ever....ever." That being said though, I really do enjoy the series. It's just a minor criticism.
Old 2010-02-13, 08:36   Link #2617
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Overall it was alright.

If it had a little bit more action it would have been better.Hei was cool though.
Old 2010-02-14, 11:36   Link #2618
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

We don't know is Pai is dead. Pai teleported, removed a big chunk of South America and put it somewhere. We've gotten glimpses of some parallel world. Could she be taking a nap there?

He renumeration was sleep. She could be "sleeping" since she used so much of her powers, it could takes years to wake up.

Hei's powers are a copy of his sisters. Suo and Shion kind of parallel Pai and Hei. Shion recreated his sister, it seems Pai could have "modified" her brother. Let's not even get started about that lifeform Yin and Shion made.
Old 2010-02-22, 16:42   Link #2619
Myname

Pai? You mean Bai.
Old 2010-02-26, 06:28   Link #2620
TyG3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaa View Post
I was kinda happy she died, then again i'm a Yin shipper.
how can you be happy ?

In this anime is not about romance , and Amber was awesome.

Tags
action, supernatural