AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-10, 20:03   Link #3081
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
@allison13:

Amazon Japan *sees dollar signs*

@Elo:

Probably in July. I don't get the shipment until Volume 3 of FT is released (and Ace). Plus, there haven't been any scans so I can't complete the "Miracle Worker" arc anyways.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 20:10   Link #3082
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
@Elo:

Probably in July. I don't get the shipment until Volume 3 of FT is released (and Ace). Plus, there haven't been any scans so I can't complete the "Miracle Worker" arc anyways.
Okay...

I remember Peacecraft said she'd scan the last issue. I'm not sure if she ever actually did though.
Old 2011-06-10, 23:15   Link #3083
Kitsoru
:3c

I think peacecraft said she was planning to PM it around when she did, so.. I guess we'll see.

@Deacon How much did they quote for the shipping from Amazon.jp?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 06:42   Link #3084
allison13

I decided to try to special order the 3rd volume from Fujisan...if it works out, it looks like it'll be a fairly decent price. Amazon.jp is something ridiculous for shipping. I think it's $20 something an item for international shipping.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 08:46   Link #3085
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
I think peacecraft said she was planning to PM it around when she did, so.. I guess we'll see.

@Deacon How much did they quote for the shipping from Amazon.jp?
Subtotal of Items: ¥ 2,448
Shipping & Handling: ¥ 3,900
Total for this Order: ¥ 6,348

:S

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-06-11, 16:46   Link #3086
allison13

Quote:
Subtotal of Items: ¥ 2,448
Shipping & Handling: ¥ 3,900
Total for this Order: ¥ 6,348

:S
And after the exchange rate...ouch. But that shipping still isn't as bad as I thought, I thought it was like 2900 yen per item.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 21:16   Link #3087
gordol
Banned

gotd 8 raw:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V62IT8WP

my little contribution
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 22:12   Link #3088
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's against the rules to provide manga raws on this forum.
Old 2011-06-16, 13:38   Link #3089
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's against the rules to provide manga raws on this forum.
There are more pressing issues to worry about then that.

Old 2011-06-16, 14:41   Link #3090
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well excuse the piss out of me for trying to keep someone out of trouble.
Old 2011-06-16, 17:31   Link #3091
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

That's what private messages are for =)

Old 2011-06-17, 14:57   Link #3092
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Stuff we already know:

MC-0001: Terraforming occurs on Mars.
MC-0012: [SECOND AUTUMN] Father Maxwell (going by Duo at the time) arrives on Mars.
MC-0015: [FIRST SPRING] Father Maxwell (going by Duo at the time) marries Hilde Schbeiker.
MC-0016: [FIRST SPRING] Father and Hilde divorce.
MC-0017: Mars declares it's independence and Milliardo Peacecraft (who is really Dixneuf Neuenheim) becomes the first president. The Martian peace is disrupted.
MC-0017: [FIRST SUMMER] The real Milliardo Peacecraft leaves his daughter Naina with Father Maxwell. At the time Laphroaig, who murdered Major Eleve Onegell, is killed. Naina is placed in Sister Hilde's orphanage to be looked after. A young boy that looks just like Duo comes into the orphanage. Hilde names him "Duo".

MC-0018: [SECOND WINTER] Milliardo Peacecraft picks up Naina.

MC-0021: [FIRST WINTER] Milliardo (the fake) is assassinated by No Name (Trowa Phobos). During his escape, No Name meets Doktor T and Catherine Oud Winner. They end up collaborating. Many of the reformist groups of the government defect to the Lanagrin Republic following the president's assassination. Major General Zechs Merquise of the Lanagrin Republic declares it's independence from the Mars Federation government.

MC-0022: [SECOND SPRING] Relena Peacecraft becomes the second president of Mars.
MC-0022: [SECOND WINTER] Kathy Po reviews Treize and Zechs' files. Heero awakens. Katherine steals a mobile suit and flees. Zechs of the Lanagrin Republic sorties in the Gundam Epyon accompanied by three Virgo IV units. Chang WuFei sorties in the Epyon II.

Old 2011-06-19, 20:21   Link #3093
Elo the Blue

Good stuff.

So Eleve survived long enough to a be a Major...

Who is Laphroaig again?
Old 2011-06-19, 22:35   Link #3094
Psybur

Thumbs up Thank you for saving my sanity!

Quote:
wingzerosnuggles, you've got some glaring issues with your initial post. I'll clarify.

First, Yoshiyuki Tomino does not consider Gundam Ace canon. Canon is not even a Japanese word. Even if he did consider it official, his word means nothing. Sunrise has more or less mandated that if it isn't animated (a la series, movie or OVA), then it isn't official. There are varying degrees of "gray" that manga and games fall in, but for the most part they aren't recognized as official.

Second, Newtype and Gundam ACE are two separate publications. Ngee Khiong mislabeled the Gundam Wing pages as coming from Newtype when they are from Gundam Ace.
My original post on a very rude Gundam wiki website: "Why do they always have to do this: a show or movie is really great and wraps up nicely and then they try and capitalize on it by adding on and continuing! Why couldn't they just leave it alone? "Wing" was perfect the way it was. I was happy imagining how things would progress for the characters with the safety net of knowledge that it was just a fan's musing and not a fact! It's not only because I don't like the plot (indeed, I've read better ones in fanfics) it's just the idea that they feel the need to expand on the story when it was perfect just the way it was! The "Wing" plot is a lot like make-up on a woman: less is more! I was hoping and praying that this abomination, this, aberration was nothing but an adaptation of the main story or one of those "inspired by a true story" deals (not literally since "Wing" is fiction) or at least one of those situations where an anime is based on a manga/novel or, as sometimes happens, a manga/novel based on an anime so that it would be a retelling of the story from a different perspective instead of fact. Alas, I feel that my hopes have been dashed across the rocks, the cup taken from my lips, and everything else that insipidly sums up my shattered visions of the glory of "Wing". However, if anyone can offer me a faint Charmander flame of hope that this story is but an illusion, please come forth and say your piece to restore my peace of mind."
As you can see I was melodramatically distraught with the idea of a "follow up" story (especially because I knew they would used the hackneyed plot device of a character's offspring taking center stage. . . genetic futures never turn out as cool as their parents). I cringed at the idea that this was official: I was literally in a daze for. . . days about this possibility. You have since been my saviour and restored me to peace of mind to know that only animation is official despite what the creator feels.
Not to question your integrity or sound redundent but how did you find out the information about Sunrise's diction over what's official? Is it stated somewhere on their website or in an interview? If this is true than I wonder if the creator is basing the novel off of the manga/novel (I don't know which form it is) adaptation of "Endless Waltz"? It would make more sense than basing it off the movie, and would furter distance it from the "official" aspects of the animation which is already cool on it's own.
Psybur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 05:16   Link #3095
Kitsoru
:3c

Oh. You're back.

For those that haven't already dealt with this moron, some backstory:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:P...t_a_cruel_joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Who is Laphroaig again?
He's the guy that murdered Elve, and stole 'something'. Duo (or Zechs, whichever, it was the scene where they met in MC0017) blew off his head.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 10:09   Link #3096
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybur View Post
If this is true than I wonder if the creator is basing the novel off of the manga/novel (I don't know which form it is) adaptation of "Endless Waltz"? It would make more sense than basing it off the movie, and would further distance it from the "official" aspects of the animation which is already cool on it's own.
Ha! It's hardly based on the show and whatever was, Sumizawa has already retconned more than enough for it not to matter. Frozen Teardrop is like a parallel universe of AC, not a continuation; essentially it's GW on Mars. Only without the GW feel to it.

If it bothers you, treat it as Star Wars fans treated the new movies: pretend it doesn't exist. It makes life easier.
If they really were serious about reviving the AC universe, I would start by animating Episode Zero. I'm sure that is something pretty much every GW fan would want to see.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 10:25   Link #3097
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
For those that haven't already dealt with this moron, some backstory:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:P...t_a_cruel_joke!
There's nothing there.

Corrected link:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:P..._a_cruel_joke!
Old 2011-06-20, 11:31   Link #3098
Elo the Blue

Quote:
He's the guy that murdered Elve, and stole 'something'. Duo (or Zechs, whichever, it was the scene where they met in MC0017) blew off his head.
Thanks. I remember reading someone getting their head blown off in a past chapter summary.

As for the melodrama, I thought people had come to terms with what FT was. Guess not...
Old 2011-06-20, 11:51   Link #3099
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

*shrug* By the way, a random observation. Treize was seventeen when he fathered Mariemaia, yes?

EDIT: I don't get this math. Mars terraforming started at the end of EW, didnt' it? And if a Mars year is double an earth year, that would mean 44 years have passed. So, the pilots in FT are 60???
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 11:58   Link #3100
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I don't get this math. Mars terraforming started at the end of EW, didnt' it? And if a Mars year is double an earth year, that would mean 44 years have passed. So, the pilots in FT are 60???
The terraforming project took 22 years, right? It depends on what standard they're going by. If it's Earth years, then they'd be ~60; if they're using Mars' orbit as the standard, then they'd only be in their 40s...

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing