AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 31 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 31.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 18.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 8.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-19, 13:37   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The show has really hit its stride. Kaiki was a great character. Miki Shinichirou (Kurz Weber in FMP, Lockon Stratos in Gundam00) does a great job with him, too.

But Senjougahara is the greatest character. Love with power. Of course "be gentle with me" is a bit ironic here, since she certainly won't be gentle with him. Loved the way they used the chain link fence in that scene. We should remember Saitou Chiwa (Homura in MadoMagi), too, who found such a perfect way of voicing Hitagi, with her proud aggression and her vulnerability.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 15:21   Link #42
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

pft... they (the sisters) reminded me of shirou and Araragi's explanation was pretty straight on too.
Old 2012-02-19, 15:37   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So did anyone else get serious UBW route vibes when Karen defended herself being a fake?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 17:31   Link #44
graywolf202

As a side note, it's interesting how Gahara's answer is a WIN:

Wrong Way:
Koyomi: You had a crush on him?
Gahara: No.... Noting happened! I swear nothing happened!
Koyomi: (B*tch)

Right Way:
Koyomi: You had a crush on him?
Gahara: Did you just try to confirm your gf's purity? (A**hole)
Koyomi: .....
Old 2012-02-19, 17:55   Link #45
Shadow5YA

Someone run that by me again... Why did Kaiki agree to leave the town so easily?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 18:05   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Someone run that by me again... Why did Kaiki agree to leave the town so easily?
He didn't feel he would win against Araragi + Senjougahara? Plus, fighting them wouldn't get him money.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 18:08   Link #47
xDisturbedjeans
Likes2BlogUrAnimeNeeds

I thought this episode was great but im also curious as to why kaiki gave up like that? Did senjogahara's witty tongue supress him or he just didnt want to deal with to much trouble with his dead self?
Old 2012-02-19, 18:27   Link #48
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDisturbedjeans View Post
I thought this episode was great but im also curious as to why kaiki gave up like that? Did senjogahara's witty tongue supress him or he just didnt want to deal with to much trouble with his dead self?
i like to think it's the latter, Kaiki didn't seemed to me to have been shaked in any way by Gahara and Araragi
it's more like he was curious about something and accepted to meet them to see it for himself, probably he had already completed his business there and was about to leave anyway, or had already a new aim to follow
but for now i don't really trust he'll really leave forever, maybe he'll go get something outside then return the day after, at least given the premise about him it looks suspicious his quiet leaving
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 18:49   Link #49
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He didn't feel he would win against Araragi + Senjougahara? Plus, fighting them wouldn't get him money.
So? He didn't leave when Karen confronted him.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 18:52   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suspect in one way that getting stabbed to death by Senjougahara wouldn't be good for business. And let's face it she had enough pencils sharpened to end his life.

Kind of an annoying guy though. Some may have found him interesting, but I just couldn't get interested in this guy. Kind of wish someone would just turn to violence and just beat the crap out of him.

At least the over the top hilarity of Koyomi vs Karen was fun .
Quote:
But Karen did do it alone. The more people that come after him the more annoying it is. Easier to go somewhere else and go back to conning people.
Old 2012-02-19, 18:58   Link #51
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Quote:
it wasn't just Ararararagi+Sehjougahara

Kaike also sense something bad form Arararagi's shadow. He didn't know what it is but it was a unknown factor he wasn't prepare to take in addition to Arararagi+Sehnjougahara.
Old 2012-02-19, 21:09   Link #52
Zetsubo
著述遮断

1. Koyomi's shadow had something in it that made him unpredictably dangerous to deal with.
2. Just like Koyomi sensed ill omens from Kaiki... Kaiki sensed a strange force from Koyomi.
3. Koyomi's unusual masculinity for his age age and generation is a problem Kaiki isn't prepared to deal with (Koyomi is willing to fight / die for those he cares about) So don't fight a man who is not terrified of death.
4. Gahara san is an ordinary girl, but she is still insanely lethal... and he remembers the old her
5. 2 against 1 ... is a challenge... especially 2 insane people ... and one of them has a hidden power.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 21:20   Link #53
solomon

I retract my previous statement from last week, that is all.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 21:51   Link #54
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
1. Koyomi's shadow had something in it that made him unpredictably dangerous to deal with.
2. Just like Koyomi sensed ill omens from Kaiki... Kaiki sensed a strange force from Koyomi.
3. Koyomi's unusual masculinity for his age age and generation is a problem Kaiki isn't prepared to deal with (Koyomi is willing to fight / die for those he cares about) So don't fight a man who is not terrified of death.
4. Gahara san is an ordinary girl, but she is still insanely lethal... and he remembers the old her
5. 2 against 1 ... is a challenge... especially 2 insane people ... and one of them has a hidden power.
I think that is a accurate assessment of the predicament Kaiki was in.

While Araragi would never do this, he only had to think "Shinobu, dispose of this man. Your reward will be donuts." and Kaiki would be reduced to a pile of ill-omened flesh.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 22:13   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great episode. The fight scene was good. Excellent animation with all the destruction.

Kaiki was an asshole, as expected. So much backwards talking and all. No real way of knowing when he was telling the truth.

Hitagi and the fence was awesome. Would have been nice to at least see him leaving her house the following day. But, I guess it's up to the viewer to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kaiki is exactly the kind of man I thought he was. It turns out he didn't even use a fake bee as I suspected, it was just hypnosis (which raises the question of how Koyomi was able to take half of Karen's fever when it was just the result of hypnosis; even Kaiki seemed stumped). Thinking back on it, on top of what he said about Karen having a good imagination, there were huge visual hints in that scene as well.
I think he was lying about the bee being fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Holy !!!
Is this the reality marble of Hitagi?? The Unlimited Stationery Works??
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The show has really hit its stride. Kaiki was a great character. Miki Shinichirou (Kurz Weber in FMP, Lockon Stratos in Gundam00) does a great job with him, too.
An excellent performance. Really talented guy, being able to do Weber and Kaiki.

Quote:
But Senjougahara is the greatest character. Love with power. Of course "be gentle with me" is a bit ironic here, since she certainly won't be gentle with him. Loved the way they used the chain link fence in that scene. We should remember Saitou Chiwa (Homura in MadoMagi), too, who found such a perfect way of voicing Hitagi, with her proud aggression and her vulnerability.
I have to say, Saitou Chiwa really makes the characters. Urobuchi did well to choose her as Homura and whoever casted her as Hitagi has my thanks as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
I think that is a accurate assessment of the predicament Kaiki was in.

While Araragi would never do this, he only had to think "Shinobu, dispose of this man. Your reward will be donuts." and Kaiki would be reduced to a pile of ill-omened flesh.
Yes... I think it all really just came down to it being easier for Kaiki to leave. I don't think he has any fight in him and even if he did, he's slime and slime goes the path of least resistance.
Old 2012-02-19, 22:32   Link #56
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Funny Karen thinks she's the one that has to hold back on Arararagi. They really are the same blood. XD

I was hoping for Unlimited Stapler Works (She looked cool when confronting Kaiki), and the entire episode had shouneesque dialogue through out about justice and such. Pretty cool stuff, but the animation wasn't so hot as we seemed to be in one spot with not much movements. And while the self relflection and internal conflict in Hitagi was interesting in its resolution, I'd expected more to happen to Kaiki besides him just trolling them and leaving. Excellent episode overall. 9/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 22:39   Link #57
HandofFate

I was hoping the end to be Koyomi's sister's waking him up again, or a chance of vice versa, of him waking them up.
Old 2012-02-19, 23:56   Link #58
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ahh so the Gahara Fascination still continues and grows stronger!

Theres been no love lost for Gahara-san ever since the start.

I thought I had some other stuff to talk about like how Karin is soooo tall or is it Koyomi is on the small side or how the fight manages to do more damage than a Bay movie or why the sisters sleep together......naked?!(doesn't really matter why this is but glad it is) but in the end all this doesn't really matter, I'm all too accepting of this series and it's weird ways and glad I am.

Nice conclusion to this arc, can't wait to see whats up next!
Old 2012-02-20, 01:03   Link #59
teja208
Critical fanboy

So after 7 episodes, we finally wrap up Karen Bee. While I’m satisfied with how the arc concludes itself, I can point out a couple of flaws in this episode.

I know this is Shaft’s doing, but Koyomi vs Karen scene is way too exaggerated that it distract the brother giving important lecture to his little sister which should be the emphasis of the scene.

Another flaw is Koyomi + Hitagi vs Kaiki. While the conversation itself is interesting, it gives off the anticlimactic feeling although not because of lack of fighting per se. I’m not sure how to convey this, but there were no signs of any emotional conflict, no clashes between ideals, not a single character displayed some form of self doubt or moved by what another character said. This can be tone down if characters displayed more dispositions during their conversation.

Looking on the bright side, this arc expands a lot in terms of character dynamics especially how Koyomi being a rather cool, reliable, and caring big brother toward Karen for a change. We also get to learn more about bonding between Shinobu and Koyomi after what happened in Kizu. Lastly, this arc also develops Hitagi x Koyomi relationship to the next level. Of course for those who enjoy fanservices, they get what they want from everyone of the main characters. Yes, even our hero Koyomi gets his share of it.

Overall, I still like Nise as a whole as much as Bake, but I can’t argue that most of Bake climax scenes left me more sentimental than what I’ve just experienced in this episode. That said, I’m still looking forward to next week to learn more about Tsukihi in her own arc and other aspects this series has yet to offer.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 02:22   Link #60
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I was hoping the end to be Koyomi's sister's waking him up again, or a chance of vice versa, of him waking them up.
But he did try to wake them up near the end of the last episode
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote