AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-14, 18:02   Link #1
Spuffy
オウカ~

Grenadier

Official homepage at http://www.grenadier.jp, page at Wowwow http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/grenadier/ (They have trailers there).

Another new fall show that started airing today. I didn't expect that much from it due the image at their homepage. But it was kind of interesting. For some reason it reminded me of Wild Arms 3. I guess because the world the show takes place and fancy gun usage and that in my opinion the female main character in WA3 is somehow similar. It is most likely just my imagination.

Character design was fine for Rushuna/琉朱菜 (or whatever her romanized name is), voiced by Mikako Takahashi. Her voice suited her way of acting naive and suddenly becoming deadly serious. She has somewhat oversized breasts that bounce quite a bit during her gunfights, which kind of annoyed me, and they get their share of screen time due Rushuna being the hotspring maniac she is. The other main character, Yajirou (voiced by Kazuya Nakai), was somewhat more dull and I didn't think his voice was that suited. Judging by the OP there will be at least two more main characters. For the others design was generic and nothing special.

Animation wise it was somewhat uneven. Most scenes are average but the gunfights were kind of stylish, most notable probably Lucinas way of reloading her revolver. She keeps the bullets in her bra (or something equal to it) and bounce up six bullets now and then and reloads when they are midair.

The music was nothing special, but I liked it during the gunfights. It then becomes some kind of flamenco-techno that I liked.
The show seems interesting enough for now so I'll be following it unless it disappoints me later on.

Spoiler for screens:

Last edited by Spuffy; 2004-10-14 at 18:34. Reason: Added wowwow url
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 11:10   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, this show surely seems interesting, I mean, bouncing boobies to reload guns, err, I mean, I guess her guns will keep the show interesting, err...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 13:03   Link #3
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Official homepage at http://www.grenadier.jp, page at Wowwow http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/grenadier/ (They have trailers there).

Another new fall show that started airing today. I didn't expect that much from it due the image at their homepage. But it was kind of interesting. For some reason it reminded me of Wild Arms 3. I guess because the world the show takes place and fancy gun usage and that in my opinion the female main character in WA3 is somehow similar. It is most likely just my imagination.

Character design was fine for Rushuna/琉朱菜 (or whatever her romanized name is), voiced by Mikako Takahashi. Her voice suited her way of acting naive and suddenly becoming deadly serious. She has somewhat oversized breasts that bounce quite a bit during her gunfights, which kind of annoyed me, and they get their share of screen time due Rushuna being the hotspring maniac she is. The other main character, Yajirou (voiced by Kazuya Nakai), was somewhat more dull and I didn't think his voice was that suited. Judging by the OP there will be at least two more main characters. For the others design was generic and nothing special.

Animation wise it was somewhat uneven. Most scenes are average but the gunfights were kind of stylish, most notable probably Lucinas way of reloading her revolver. She keeps the bullets in her bra (or something equal to it) and bounce up six bullets now and then and reloads when they are midair.

The music was nothing special, but I liked it during the gunfights. It then becomes some kind of flamenco-techno that I liked.
The show seems interesting enough for now so I'll be following it unless it disappoints me later on.
I downloaded that preview for it and that shooting style (as seen in your avatar)...

WOWSERS...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 13:59   Link #4
Spuffy
オウカ~

I saw Momotato had a somewhat fitting description for her:
"Rushuna is a happy, ditzy, large chested, bath loving, hip shaking, boobie reloading, gunslinging hottie."
You could sum up her with that. I just hope she will be more than a 'happy, ditzy, large chested, bath loving, hip shaking, boobie reloading, gunslinging hottie' later on in the show.
Old 2004-10-15, 14:06   Link #5
ShikaShika
無罪

This sounds too cool to miss, but the important question is, is it being fansubbed by anyone?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 14:20   Link #6
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
This sounds too cool to miss, but the important question is, is it being fansubbed by anyone?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. It just aired yesterday, so I'm like, they can't sub this yet unless they subbed it while recording it lol.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 16:29   Link #7
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. It just aired yesterday, so I'm like, they can't sub this yet unless they subbed it while recording it lol.
Anime-keep subbed the promo of it so I'm assuming they'll be subbing the series once they get a raw of the episode.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 17:14   Link #8
Lucier
Lunar Translator

The guy is pretty cool >.>...
And melons that big aren't my style, so XD....

Though I really liked the intro song ^_^
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 18:07   Link #9
BeNighted
To Bid You Farewell

This looks so lame... but I've got nothing else to download, so what the hell?
BeNighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 18:57   Link #10
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNighted
This looks so lame... but I've got nothing else to download, so what the hell?
You have nothing else? Man, I'm worser. I Download all of this falls series, I should be the one saying that! lol
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 00:24   Link #11
Avaj
?!!

The style and quality look pretty good.

[edit]
Looks like Lunar ~just~ put out episode 1, keep has it's hands in too many cookie jars methinks.

Last edited by Avaj; 2004-10-16 at 04:21. Reason: cuz
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 04:26   Link #12
lamer_de

Quote:
keep has it's hands in too many cookie jars methinks.
The show aired like 48 hours ago or so. Lunar has always been a very fast group on shows they have competition (funny how shows like Girls Bravo who nobody else does don't get 24h releases though).

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-10-16, 05:50   Link #13
Lucier
Lunar Translator

48 hours != 24 hours...
2 days isn't really that fast... and I think it's done quite well ^_^
And competition isn't really involved either... Look at AiBaby... AonE beat us on the last 10ish episodes... by a good week... we just work at the speed we enjoy ^_^

I still think her jugs are way to big though XD
Though I do reccomend scoring up a copy, as Grenadier has a certain charm to it =)

and Keep did pick up *seven* series this season, and they still have 3-4 old projects still running... I too think they really *are* spread a little thin =/
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 06:04   Link #14
Secca
nya`
*Artist

First thing I notice about this series, it's Yashiro's voice, I think it's the same as Roronoa Zoro and Mugen. And he keep talking about fighting and bushi no tamashi too. Definitely him. ^^ He kinda sucks in here tho, compared to Mugen and Zoro. -_- .... But he can deflect bullets, so he probably above average. ^^

But then again maybe this show is about guns.

Lucina character on the other hand is really intimidating for me, it's really huge. >_< I guess that's where she keeps all the bullets. Personality wise she seems like a nice lady. She's also really good with her gun and showed some really cool moves she can do with a gun. (That one scene I tought she was going to do Kaiten like Neji in Naruto. )

Lol I wished I can bounce bullets like that without using hands, that would be really cool to show off to my roommate.

Spoiler for screenshots ep 1:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 06:30   Link #15
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'm really confused about that guy's competence, he can cut bullets with his sword, that's some awesome stuff, but then it seems he can't do anything else... also those bullets don't seem that dangerous, since it seems they can't really kill anyone anyway

Rushuna... well, I'd sure love to meet her in an onsen her ideal sounds somewhat... Goddess-like... but it's kinda hard to relate a Goddess-like character with those huge bouncing... bounces
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 06:53   Link #16
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I hope this series has a good bouncing of her boobies pretty
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 09:29   Link #17
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I'm really confused about that guy's competence, he can cut bullets with his sword, that's some awesome stuff, but then it seems he can't do anything else...
He is one of those the-closer-they-get-to-a-hottie-the-more-useless-they-get guys.

Speaking of oversized bodyparts, aren't her eyelashes also kind of longer than average as well?
Old 2004-10-16, 09:44   Link #18
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Well, i just watched episode 1, and im not impressed. Its alright, but nothing special. I was expecting a lot more, its just another fanservice comedy. It might have been a good show, but its over shadowed by several othewr new releases that beat it hands down.

I'll be giving it a few more episodes to impress me, hopefuly it will improve some, but we'll see
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 10:08   Link #19
Trax
Rock beats scissors

The show seems ok, animation looks good and the action is fine even if all the bullet dodging is a bit overdone (but apparently there's a reason for these superhuman abilities). The oversized boobs and unorthodox reloading technique kinda ruin it for me though. Grenadier seems to try and mix different genres that just don't blend too well imo. But being the addict I am, I'll probably keep watching anyway.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 13:20   Link #20
DeepFreeze

It's not a BAD show, but it is certainly lacking in the originality department. The main character (I can't even remember her name) seems too much like a female Vash ripoff with big boobs.
DeepFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure