AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-26, 18:49   Link #41
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
New magazine scan:

And I think I'll drop it at this point... I just can't stand how the characters are designed... *sigh*
too much of a Kanokon vibe right?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 19:27   Link #42
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
I so want to check out this anime, but the similar character designs from Kanokon is sooo wanting me to not to bother... *sigh*

Has Akio Takami ever heard of noses???

Edit: magazine scan:

QFT. I can't remember how people felt towards Kanokon's art style, I think people were divided, but I find it to be really off-putting. Everyone looks really shiny, even by anime terms.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 13:26   Link #43
animeboy12

noses? that's the big compliant? noses? the least noticeable feature on the majority of anime characters. Anyway I have no beef with Akio Tammi's character design, may not be the best but certainly not the worst, or anywhere close plus at the very least it's different.

As for the anime. It sounds like hayate no gotoku meets toradora, so maybe it'll be interesting
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 13:39   Link #44
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
And I think I'll drop it at this point... I just can't stand how the characters are designed... *sigh*
Drill girl just looks stupid....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 13:45   Link #45
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
noses? that's the big compliant? noses? the least noticeable feature on the majority of anime characters. Anyway I have no beef with Akio Tammi's character design, may not be the best but certainly not the worst, or anywhere close plus at the very least it's different.

As for the anime. It sounds like hayate no gotoku meets toradora, so maybe it'll be interesting
Wow, that is a pretty spot-on statement for premise. Luckily, both of those shows are great so it sounds like I may give this more leverage than planned.

That guy's art style is just plain weird in general. While it's a bit more realistic when it comes to the proportions with the breasts and waist, the rest is extremely anime like. While anime characters in general have small noses, these girls have no noses at all. Not to mention that they are really shiny looking and their skin looks remarkably pink as well.
Old 2009-12-27, 14:15   Link #46
animeboy12

I actually like the drill haired girl, but then again I have a spot for girls with that hairstyle. I just hope the they excuted on her well because the tsundere arch-type is really is to mess up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
That guy's art style is just plain weird in general. While it's a bit more realistic when it comes to the proportions with the breasts and waist, the rest is extremely anime like. While anime characters in general have small noses, these girls have no noses at all. Not to mention that they are really shiny looking and their skin looks remarkably pink as well.
Part of me thinks it's more of the "big boobs" part that have poeple foaming at the mouth rather than just his art style but yes very different from what we usually get in good and bad ways. Yes he don't tend to draw females with believable (don't like the term realistic) proportions but as facial feature go... well he case isn't an anomaly
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 00:13   Link #47
longshot

i've been reading the raws over and over again and even though i don't speak or read japanese i wonder how come i never noticed they barely have drawn in noses until now when somepeople point it out
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 17:11   Link #48
Lummie

First episode is released although it's still raw.

Spoiler:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 17:22   Link #49
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
First episode is released although it's still raw.

Spoiler:
you have to admit she was surprising at least to see that side of her
Old 2009-12-29, 17:58   Link #50
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
you have to admit she was surprising at least to see that side of her
That guy has bad luck if you ask me. The two female leads are a croissant and a sadist and he'll likely will be forced to choose between either one of them. Poor guy
Old 2009-12-29, 18:45   Link #51
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
That guy has bad luck if you ask me. The two female leads are a croissant and a sadist and he'll likely will be forced to choose between either one of them. Poor guy
well he still has...umm who were they again??...umm oh yeah the gent bender,the loli, the white haired girl, or the clumsy maid how bad can they be??
Old 2009-12-29, 18:52   Link #52
Lummie

^ Those likely won't have a chance with the croissant and the sadist around.
Old 2009-12-29, 22:43   Link #53
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

awesome first episode. great cast & very decent art/production values. main dude seems promising; with the scar and no push over attitude, at least to desu wa who seems the typecast love interest. but there's the yan chick there to rein the dude in and keep things interesting, not to mention the supporting cast (including reverse trap room mate??).
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 22:45   Link #54
Midonin
Last Engage

The version of the first episode with the one-hour special had no OP and ED, so I'll hold off until next week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 20:12   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 21:44   Link #56
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Ladies versus Butlers, hmm?

Dropped.
Old 2009-12-31, 00:24   Link #57
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Watched the first episode.

I was wondering where I saw this art style before, then I looked at the director etc on page one. (Kanokon) It's very interesting when I can remember similar art styles since I've only been seriously watching anime since may.

Not dropping because I'm a pervert. ^_^
Old 2009-12-31, 03:36   Link #58
longshot

i have to say the reason i'm watching this isn't because i like the fanservice its the fact the lead has a sadistic childhood friend as one of his romance options, she already proved herself in this preview episode its going to be so interesting to me
Old 2009-12-31, 04:01   Link #59
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Someone took the words right out of my mouth.

<3<3<3 Tomomi-chan <3<3<3

The look of utter dread that Akiharu shown was just utterly priceless. The perfect 'groom' to Akiharu's dream of being a bride lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 04:10   Link #60
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

This show already has an edge over Kanokon mostly because the main boy is a boy and the main girl is a girl. And while it was a bit weird as I watched all of it, it was definitely interesting and kind of new.

The art style is still very distracting, just because along with the shininess of the characters, they seem to add alot of brightness to the scenery and many different shots (Not just the blurred out ones) There are a few strange observations worth noting though.

-The tsundere girl is called "Flameheart?" Wow, subtle.
-What was the with the loli-unintentional-fondling scene? The girls passed out from seeing him, couldn't she of done that with him.
-And the scene where the girl decides..."Well, I'm going to undress now." That was odd. Fanservice, no doubt, but that was without reason.
-I'm glad this protagonist has a "What the hell are you doing?!" attitude to all of the insanity.
-Wow, angry taskmaster. Very interesting...

Overall, it's entertaining. Can't say it was bad, but not really great.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen