AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-03, 17:10   Link #541
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
And I tend to hit it to Rin if possible, but that's because I was trying to level her up to beat Sasasasesasegawaga Sasami. Basically hit it to anyone but Kyousuke, because his stats are high enough and Riki is useless as it is, until you beat a few routes. Oh, and the special balls don't do THAT much, so don't aim for cats =p
Yeah, actually, I've been wondering... how do I aim the ball? It's difficult enough as it is just to hit the thing sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
My reaction exactly. And here I was thinking her route would be realistic.
I still love it for the angst though.
It didn't explain anything. Why does Kurugaya consider herself incapable of loving anyone? What the hell is up with her ridiculous physical strength? Was she really responsible for what happened?

God, I hope her second ending answers at least one of these questions.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 21:35   Link #542
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
I'm going to ask my question here since no one has answered it in the other thread. Does every girl have a true ending that can only be accessed by beating Refrain like Kurugaya's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It didn't explain anything. Why does Kurugaya consider herself incapable of loving anyone? What the hell is up with her ridiculous physical strength? Was she really responsible for what happened?

I actually got her second ending. I patched LB!EX and did something weird which let me skip far into her route lol. It didn't explain anything, it just has one more scene.

Kurugaya's route was nice. I liked it, but it was rather weak. It seemed like it was going somewhere but it seems that the story led you astray. I'm hoping that what happened in Kurugaya's route is somehow linked in Refrain. If not, it seems like they could've fleshed out her route way more. What happened was different than what I expected for the ending.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 23:30   Link #543
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Quote:
Yeah, actually, I've been wondering... how do I aim the ball? It's difficult enough as it is just to hit the thing sometimes.
Practice. Lots of practice.

Quote:

I doubt it, only the main heroine gets these questions answered! Although Rin is awesome, so I don't care much
Old 2010-05-03, 23:31   Link #544
kyosak
poo

I couldn't be bothered to get 100% CG completion, but according to the guide I used, the only other route that has an extra after beating refrain is Kudo's. The rest just have their 'true ends' and 'bad ends' accessible from the beginning (and are far more straight-forward storywise).

As for Kurugaya's ending having anything to do with refrain... It will answer the question of why Kurugaya feels she shouldn't love Riki. But none of this is referred to in an obvious/satisfying way. It's just left up to the player to make the connections.

I guess the connection is there for Kurugaya and Kudo when I think back at it (these 2 had the strangest endings), but I honestly didn't look back at individual routes at the time I cleared refrain. These routes just are not the focus of the game. The connection is just stuff coming back to me at this moment, now that I look back at the game as a whole...

All of the individual routes (apart from Rin's) are 'what-if' scenarios after all... The main focus of the game is of course, Rin and the events in refrain.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 23:51   Link #545
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
Although Rin is awesome, so I don't care much
I'm really not seeing this yet. Is her awesomeness something to do with her own route + Refrain, or just a matter of most people preferences?

I do like her, but she's certainly not "awesome" yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
As for Kurugaya's ending having anything to do with refrain... It will answer the question of why Kurugaya feels she shouldn't love Riki.
Spoiler for question:

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-05-04 at 02:59.
Old 2010-05-04, 00:55   Link #546
Kudryavka

We're tiptoeing on the spoiler borderline, so keep it "clean," please.
Quote:
The closer the ball is to the middle of the bat, the farther left it'll go. The closer it is to the tip, the fat end, the farther right it'll go. Moving Riki left or right will affect the ball in obvious ways, though it's hard to use this for much more than keeping up with Rin. I don't believe that moving forward and backward affect the ball's direction.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 03:01   Link #547
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
The closer the ball is to the middle of the bat, the farther left it'll go. The closer it is to the tip, the fat end, the farther right it'll go. Moving Riki left or right will affect the ball in obvious ways, though it's hard to use this for much more than keeping up with Rin. I don't believe that moving forward and backward affect the ball's direction.
Figured.

And moving up and down seems to only affect the ball when you're hitting it to the far right and the far left, from what I've experienced.

If you go down as far as you can, you probably won't be able to hit to anyone standing near the tree, for example.
Old 2010-05-04, 05:30   Link #548
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Spoiler for question:
Spoiler for not really a spoiler:
Old 2010-05-04, 11:03   Link #549
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Quote:
I'm really not seeing this yet. Is her awesomeness something to do with her own route + Refrain, or just a matter of most people preferences?

I do like her, but she's certainly not "awesome" yet...

Eh, I've only played the translated routes, so that's just me :P

And holding the up key when ya hit the ball means it'll be a grounder, holding back means it'll be a fly ball.
Old 2010-05-11, 09:48   Link #550
Aaerul

really killing me

Plenty of people tell me Refrain is totally worth playing and it's killing me.

Anyone know where I can find a 100% complete save data that will let me drop straight into Refrain mode (after some amount of Ctrl skipping I assume)? I've done Rin's semi-route and 80% through Mio's route but Maeda's writing just drags so much. I think playing the rest of the routes and unlocking it properly is out of the question for me. Please anyone can link me in a good direction or even PM me for the Save Data it would be MUCH appreciated.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 14:32   Link #551
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
Plenty of people tell me Refrain is totally worth playing and it's killing me.

Anyone know where I can find a 100% complete save data that will let me drop straight into Refrain mode (after some amount of Ctrl skipping I assume)? I've done Rin's semi-route and 80% through Mio's route but Maeda's writing just drags so much. I think playing the rest of the routes and unlocking it properly is out of the question for me. Please anyone can link me in a good direction or even PM me for the Save Data it would be MUCH appreciated.
I found this link for a save file on HongFire but I haven't tried it myself:

http://fooltrap.net/r/lb_ex.zip

To be fair about the writing, Maeda only worked on Rin and Saya's routes and Refrain (which were the only ones I really enjoyed). The rest were written by some of the newer writers...
Old 2010-05-11, 22:53   Link #552
Aaerul

Quote:
I found this link for a save file on HongFire but I haven't tried it myself:

http://fooltrap.net/r/lb_ex.zip

To be fair about the writing, Maeda only worked on Rin and Saya's routes and Refrain (which were the only ones I really enjoyed). The rest were written by some of the newer writers...
Thank you~! Loaded it up and it seems to be working fine.

Also thanks for the clarification. really explains things up.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 23:29   Link #553
Jze0
Hmmm...

Just finished the tranlated Kurugaya route and man am I pissed and sad at the same time. Its not that it was bad or anything but it just left so many questions unanswered and its also plain depressing. I was hoping for some kind of good ending but that last CG made me want to cry.

Anyway I hope Refrain answers most of these questions and the mystery surrounding the world judging from some of the comments here.
Old 2010-05-24, 12:16   Link #554
morphex

Question LB Guide?

Hello, i want to ask is there any guide or walkthrough in english? I just started the game and like it very much but its hard to play without walkthrought.

I also need help with battle system, what exactly i should do here in combat?

Thanks for help
morphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 15:55   Link #555
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Since I was bored, I decided to cruise by the IMFDB page for "Little Busters!", where I not only learned that Saya has more firearms than just her signature double-action 1911, but this image came up.

Spoiler for Possible spoiler?:

I seriously do not understand the meaning of this as I dropped the game maybe an hour or two into my first playthrough.
Old 2010-05-25, 22:57   Link #556
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Since I was bored, I decided to cruise by the IMFDB page for "Little Busters!", where I not only learned that Saya has more firearms than just her signature double-action 1911, but this image came up.

I seriously do not understand the meaning of this as I dropped the game maybe an hour or two into my first playthrough.
I saw this in the CG pack, and I was wondering about it, too.
Spoiler for possible spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphex View Post
Hello, i want to ask is there any guide or walkthrough in english? I just started the game and like it very much but its hard to play without walkthrought.

I also need help with battle system, what exactly i should do here in combat?

Thanks for help
If you want to win battles, you'll need to collect items and get Riki's stats up. You improve the stats through baseball practice, and you can get items from other characters. If you have Battle Ranking on, Wander whenever you can; sometimes you'll run into characters who will either give you items or trade items with you. You can get free items from Masato by choosing Play with Masato whenever the choice comes up during class. Not all items are beneficial; in one of my playthroughs, Kurugaya kept lugging the item Someone's Bra around, and it lowered her stats in every battle.

I know there's a walkthrough around here in either this thread or the English Translation Project for Little Busters thread. It's in Japanese, though; I wouldn't expect an English one until the English patch is done.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-05-25 at 23:25.
Old 2010-05-26, 04:58   Link #557
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post

Spoiler for Possible spoiler?:

I thought it was Riki disguising as Saya (note: I NEVER played the game!) by taking her skirt. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 05:17   Link #558
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I thought it was Riki disguising as Saya (note: I NEVER played the game!) by taking her skirt. xD
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-05-26, 06:34   Link #559
Wintereise
Epic Lulz

Send a message via MSN to Wintereise
I just started on it, entering Rin's first route, let's see how this goes :3
Won the match in like my 8th try >_>
Got lucky, heh

Last edited by Wintereise; 2010-05-26 at 11:25.
Wintereise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 20:52   Link #560
Kudryavka

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for h:

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel