AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 51 49.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 31.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-27, 21:39   Link #81
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

If only Accelerator was gender-bent....that flashback would have been much better had it been a girl (holding Touma's hand) xD

@Traece: Because the Misaka angst was what I came for, and the SOL means that there would be less Touma = less fukou da and dere Mikoto.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 21:51   Link #82
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Nope, no Hamazura, he appears after Daihaseisai arc in Index can't remember which arc, sorry I destroyed your illusions XD
It can be a cameo, though.
The director was talking about a one-panel character from the manga, and thats isn't any character from team ITEM. So it must be another character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
This is why the constant "HAH TOO BAD RAILGUN S IS OVER NOW " comments are really getting on my nerves.

Frenda was in the preview. How can people say such silly things when our explosive star is returning?
Its just some people will find it of poor taste or half assed :S.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 00:19   Link #83
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

People are complaining or liking this a lot.. (lol). I gave this an infinity. Here's why because I want to make it clear.

1. The music or lack of it this episode was amazing.

2. Accelerator had some pretty visible character development here that was really nice. He's obviously at fault, but he noticed that at the end of the fight, something that was nice to see here.

3. Touma's presence here was actually pretty good. I normally like Touma. I argue that this animated version of Touma: "Biri-biri Touma" is a nice version of him. He's probably going to be a lot more like this in future arcs if he shows up.

4. The visuals were amazing in this adaptation. It tells a full story and it really has some great information that richly complements Index season I. Of course you could just watch this and love the Raildex franchise world even if you only saw a small part of it.

5. J.C. staff has really done some amazing quality scenes recently and are trying to show that Railgun and Index are related franchises even if you hated one, they are trying to make you like at least one of them... I think both of them are really good... but take your pick at what you like I guess...

6. My 3 favorite scenes in all of Railgun S happened this episode (well excluding one other possible scene...) with Touma getting up, Touma punching out Accelerator, and Mikoto spending time with her sister and talking to Touma as we saw how she seems to be feeling a lot better after everything was over.

7. This was really well done. I argue that Railgun and Index are part of the same overall franchise, but have very different developments happening. This time Railgun definitely pulled off all stops to make this arc amazing.

8. Even if this arc finished, it still isn't actually done. I'm guessing cookies are next episode and... the after effects of this arc on their friendship still hasn't been explored. It should obviously have an impact on everything from here on out. Now that Mikoto knows she has 20,000 sisters going around the city other people would notice that she has clones. It isn't exactly easy to keep a secret like that if they aren't "employed." This shakes things up a lot for the future and brings some interesting material for future arcs.

9. All of the characters here had some pretty good character development. Even Touma showed that when the moment calls for it, he can call Mikoto "Misaka" (this is the reason I normally call her Misaka lol) because he feels a true emotional connection to her now. This is something nice to see. It is different from how he has been portrayed so far in the railgun anime up until now.

10. With the light of spoilerish recent news that came out in Railgun, railgun as a series has a lot more potential and has become way more enjoyable for me even more than before. So I really feel like people should just try to enjoy the ride. I guess some people don't like how it changed its focus from the first season.
Spoiler for comparison to railgun manga:
Season 2 tried to stay truer to the actual ideas of the story. Some people don't like it, but I think this was a step forward for the series. This more intense type of character development is welcome. Maybe some people only like some of the developments in the show... but either way. This show is characterizing the world made by the author of the franchise and it's not exactly a utopia. It's a dystopia as we saw this season and at the end of season 1 of railgun with Terestina. This season has finally given us a taste of this. This is why J.C. staff really has stepped up recently and I really respect them.

This is hence why I gave this episode infinity/10

The reason why there is such a backlash to this new season and why newer fans criticize the old season is simply because it toned down what was actually happening. This season didn't tone anything down. And hence this is why people really appreciate it, it's showing the real heart of the franchise. This can arguably be the more emotional side of what many call a "shonen" franchise, but it's just a great arc with a ton of potential, that is fun to watch.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 00:22   Link #84
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
I think ive said this before but every episode is like a high budget movie! I just cant stress that enough 10/10

Originally Posted by dniv
this was completely left out in Index I

that's cuz during the time of Index I, the author haven't even gotten around to coming up with Accelerator's back story, that was in later volumes
Old 2013-07-28, 00:30   Link #85
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
I think ive said this before but every episode is like a high budget movie! I just cant stress that enough 10/10

that's cuz during the time of Index I, the author haven't even gotten around to coming up with Accelerator's back story, that was in later volumes
I'm not complaining. I love Index. I'm an LN reader
Old 2013-07-28, 02:17   Link #86
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:

I afraid that they are tuning down the cinametic feel in next episode.
They announced the TV broadcast of cinematic version. The title will be called Endymiōn's Miracle (エンデュミオンの奇蹟). The station is TOKYO MX, and the month is August. ( 「劇場版 とある魔術の禁書目録 エンデュミオンの奇蹟」、特別版のTV放送が決定! TOKYO MXやBS11で8月に)

The Railgun will be part of side character. The main girl is putting on a expository cloth. Maybe it's another generic "Goldfish Dress" (Inori/Mana Ouma reference).

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 02:59   Link #87
leukrota

Quote:
Spoiler for Comparison to the Index novel and the Railgun manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-28 at 15:52.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 03:16   Link #88
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the Index novel and the Railgun manga:
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-28 at 15:53.
Polarpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 03:40   Link #89
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

crazy.....

yes! they put aside the long battle against Accelerator in simple way...
We all know that they just need one punch to take down Accel-chan
too bad he never got any clue about how he got defeated by Touma
still resort to close-range attack, eh?

Putting drama in the end is awesome... Since they put Index slightly and didn't explain well about what 10032's conversation with Touma, this means railgun-only watcher should watch Index to obtain complete picture about what's going on in Sisters arc
10032's interaction with Mikoto is touching
and Mikoto's dere-dere scene is superb! I never admit she's moe but in this episode I can understand why she deserved to get Tiara in ISML

we finally got rid of this super serious, depressing, but epic arc... time to more calm one in next episode
Railgun season 2 truly deserved to be praised
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 05:16   Link #90
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
crazy.....

yes! they put aside the long battle against Accelerator in simple way...
We all know that they just need one punch to take down Accel-chan
too bad he never got any clue about how he got defeated by Touma
still resort to close-range attack, eh?

Thanks to Accelerator's thoughts being revealed, it's easier to see that he completely underestimated Kamijou's condition and how much he could still move.

That and you have to consider why he took that half step before hesitating- The Strongest Level 5 scared of a half dead Level 0? He would never live it down.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 12:47   Link #91
leukrota

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:
Spoiler for Comparison to Index Novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-28 at 15:54.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 18:28   Link #92
Kon the Magnificent

Now this is how you end an arc right for the billionth time. Love the episode from start to finish.

Not much to say other than I love the ending when Misaka Imouto won the badge Misaka gave to the Imouto who was killed by Accelerator by train car awhile back. Nice way to go full circle there.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 19:17   Link #93
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
Now this is how you end an arc right for the billionth time. Love the episode from start to finish.

Not much to say other than I love the ending when Misaka Imouto won the badge Misaka gave to the Imouto who was killed by Accelerator by train car awhile back. Nice way to go full circle there.
Actually yeah, this was a point I forgot to mention that I thought was a really excellent way to finish the arc. It happened after the credits too which was a really nice treat
Old 2013-07-28, 22:01   Link #94
Reality_Breaker

This arc is the reason Touma x Misaka is the only ending I personally want to happen (not trying to start a flamewar) every version I saw or read of it cemented me as a KamiKoto shipper and this version is the best even above the railgun manga version (at least in my opinion) now there is absolutely no way i'm ever changing.

Also, is it me or in every version of this episode we don't see no just Mikotos face but Toumas neither? I don't remember seeing his face in Index I either. Might be just me.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:10   Link #95
chaos_animagic

Misaka Imouto is way more awesome than Misaka herself, LOL.

Tho... TsundereMisaka is pretty cute. (don't think the Imouto can do this kind of thing)

I like this arc's story, much more well told than in Index.
(but we didn't get to see any cameo of Index characters... comma, it's Touma, should at least have Index pop out of no where for like 1 panel and make Misaka jealous, would have been so fun.)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 22:11   Link #96
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Also, is it me or in every version of this episode we don't see no just Mikotos face but Toumas neither? I don't remember seeing his face in Index I either. Might be just me.
...I'm sorry, what do you mean by this ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 22:20   Link #97
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...I'm sorry, what do you mean by this ?
I think he means that in the bridge scene you don't see either of their reactions to that statement. You don't see his face when he said her name.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:30   Link #98
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think that's what's being referred to... which doesn't make much sense, since that scene was never in the Index anime.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:45   Link #99
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I think he means that in the bridge scene you don't see either of their reactions to that statement. You don't see his face when he said her name.
Pretty much this Chaos, sorry I forgot to specify the scene.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:47   Link #100
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Pretty much this Chaos, sorry I forgot to specify the scene.
I definitely did find that interesting. I am curious whether or not that might come up again later...