Birdway
Banned

There was spoiler? I didn't notice? :v
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 23:21   Link #642
ellessarr
Banned

ok here a recap, about his power and romance, for what we get in anime:

vampires werewolfs and others monsters are demons (yokais)

this is a demon(youkai) city(yozakura quartet clone ftw where hime-chan and akina O.o )

vampires use their power through familiars

in oder to control their familiar their need suck blood otherwise the familiar can be activated at berserker/out of control mode or he can't simple active it

their dont need a "specific type of blood or person just blood

himeragi whas sent to him with as excuse to be his observer and make sure he can't go berserker

the truth behind was who she was sent to be his partner/queen/lover/wife/bla bla bla, this was bether explainned in manga/LN

in order to true become the fourth progenitor(have his full power) one of the steps is who he need a blood partner/queen.

the organization keep making sure who she aways will be together with him, when her weapon break their fast fixed her to not let her leave his side

their sent a cloth for her go with him to the party in ship(and also their sended her "sizes"(ofcourse on purpose for him learn about)

he have the power of control others peoples familiars by biting and drink their bloods

sucking a person blood dont create any sor of special bound or make the person magically "fall in love with him". only give control over other person familiar.

the person even dont need to be awaken to be sucked he can do this when their are uncounscious

after being sucked the person can still have acess to her power and him can have acess to her familar power

their dont need be together or even close(dont need living in same place) she can live her life without him in the same way he can do the same(maybe in order to maintain the control over the familair he need suck more times or will lose)

is very clear for now who himeragi really became the girl who koujo most "lust for", we see for him to be able to suck the other girl he needed to get excited by smelling himeragi( he is a smell fetish guy), when he see her in pants he just keep watching until her hiting him, when he started to read about her "sizes" he really get completly focused, for now his focus is allmost completly over her.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-11-12 at 00:50.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 02:18   Link #643
ginger02

I really think Asagi and Kojou are super cute together. I like the earrings scene, since I find buying or making jewelry for someone really sweet.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 02:36   Link #644
Iron Maw
Banned

I just glad the story is finally letting her in on all of this instead of continuously sidelining her. I'm looking forward to her reaction to the reveal.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-12 at 02:46.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:04   Link #645
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

I think the first thing she would ask why is someone attacking Kojou before asking if he a vampire.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 15:09   Link #646
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I praised Himeragi's character after the first episode for not being the typical anime girl who freaks out over everything and hits the MC...

...couple episodes later, she had fully degenerated into that archetype. How sad.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 15:39   Link #647
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
I praised Himeragi's character after the first episode for not being the typical anime girl who freaks out over everything and hits the MC...

...couple episodes later, she had fully degenerated into that archetype. How sad.

My sentiments exactly.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 19:07   Link #648
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

In the first episode, she tried to kill someone because they flipped her skirt. Why are you so surprised?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 19:42   Link #649
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

The only times she's ever hit him was when he walked in on her changing, necking Astarte, and for reading her measurements and it was only in the last two she did it out of anger, but this is still little compared to how many times Kojou's tripped her wire.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 19:54   Link #650
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
The only times she's ever hit him was when he walked in on her changing, necking Astarte, and for reading her measurements and it was only in the last two she did it out of anger, but this is still little compared to how many times Kojou's tripped her wire.

Yes, because it's certainly grounds to hit someone when they walk in on you in THEIR house, when they try to save/prolong the life of a little girl, and when they read your measurements. God forbid a woman shows rational thought and composure. I can understand being a bit annoyed, but geez.

The difference between what's been happening lately and what happened with those guys in the first episode was they were actually ganging up on her, everything with Kojou has been a misunderstanding.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 23:37   Link #651
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I'm willing to give Yukina some moar time to develop and see if she comes out of the "archetype"

If she doesn't, then she'll be remembered as another girl from an anime. But if she does come out of this slump, I'll hold her dear to my heart for a couple of seasons at least...

Cheers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 08:58   Link #652
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

The problem was there nearly right from the get-go. At least, right from episode 3, I think Yukina's character is simply badly defined.

I dunno, she isn't exactly obnoxious or anything, but the author really keeps going back and forth with her pseudo quirks to the point she is a mess, character wise. Frankly, I was wondering if she was just written as a "all rounded" character in ep1, but it is actually the very same treatment that SAO Asuna got (ignoring the fact they are different in term of character): they have a specific role at first, but progressively got shafted to match a stereotype mold and plot purpose.

Whereas every other characters are pretty much one dimensional (be it Natsuki as the "loli teacher" or Asagi the "normal rival who has no chance from the very beginning"), Yukina is just... "there" to fulfill the heroine quota.

And this doesn't bode too well for me when every other characters are just static tools from start to finish.
Sayaka is the prime example of that: a clingy girl showing out of nowhere to add some conflict between Kojou and Yukina. But instead of having a subtle approach regarding this, we got a sledgehammer with unecessary yandere vibes, to which actually make the plot line ridiculous despite the series takes itself very seriously: No matter how you look at it, she attacked Kojou seriously as it doesn't present your obvious "cartoonish violent antics" be it with the visuals or the BGM/SFX. It just makes the whole predicament laughable at best when you consider her position, and thus the knowledge she is supposed to have regarding Kojou.

For some reason, it really seems like the plot and the characters are just parallel to each other instead of being a full package.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-11-14 at 09:23.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 09:44   Link #653
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
In the first episode, she tried to kill someone because they flipped her skirt. Why are you so surprised?
Because, like Cloudedmind said, those guys were pushing it too far. I doubt she had the intent to kill them from the start, but they took things too far on their own and she replied accordingly (at least in her POV).

I'm surprised because she seemed to be level headed enough to skip over the whole "ECCHI! *SMACK*" routine that we see so often. But as episodes progress, she's turning into a machine stuck on "Senpai" and hitting Kujou over everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I dunno, she isn't exactly obnoxious or anything, but the author really keeps going back and forth with her pseudo quirks to the point she is a mess, character wise.
Pretty much!
At first she seemed like a competent warrior-type who wasn't used to being around "normal" people and civilization, which served as an excuse for her odd behavior, but as episodes progressed, her "personality" was all over the place.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 10:06   Link #654
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 15:43   Link #655
ginger02

Show is vying for the best of the season award for me. Between this and Tokyo Ravens at least.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 15:56   Link #656
ookamigirl

Kojou sure has a lot of girls trailing behind him.
It was bound to drag along some trouble sooner or later.
This is slowly starting to look like a harem..
While they were busy dealing with their trivial stuff, real problems came along.
Guess it was time for Kojou to get serious and play the hero.
Second part of the episode was pretty exciting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 17:16   Link #657
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Overall a good episode. Somehow Kojou and yuri girl managed to bond over their different views of Yukina. Certainly a twist that Kojou is the one focusing on Yukina's personality while the girl is completely focused on Yukina's physical traits. Though maybe that's giving them too much credit. Just kind of shows how obsessive and in many respects shallow the yandere yuri is.

I think the most interesting part of the episode was with Nagisa. Serious trauma there and makes you wonder how she'd react if she found out what's happened to her brother. Also a mystery as to that presence that was moving her body. Maybe tie into how she woke up and survived her injuries? Likely something Kojou doesn't know and hopefully one of those two fills him in on that side of things. Not the best with voices but wonder if that's the same 'presence' that was commenting when Kojou got Regulus Arm under control?

Certainly seem to be leading to an unlocking of another familiar. Does seem to mean he needs different people but rather they are creating an artificial situation where he can't get to Yukina. Hopefully that doesn't become a thing too often in every arc.

And just want to say nice save by Yukina being able to stop Kojou's power from going out of control. Learn from experience .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2013-11-15 at 17:35.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 17:43   Link #658
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
Not the best with voices but wonder if that's the same 'presence' that was commenting when Kojou got Regulus Arm under control?
Spoiler for Got some info about Nagisa:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 20:19   Link #659
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Spoiler for Got some info about Nagisa:
Is it alright (as in not getting anybody banned) for me to ask what happens to her later on?

EDIT: Please forget about this post, in my sleepyness I forgot there was a thread for the original light novel.

Last edited by ZodiacBeast; 2013-11-15 at 21:17.
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 14:39   Link #660
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 7

This was a better episode than last week general, but man did some things really drag it down.

Specifically the whole "everything is Kojou's fault" has gotten really old and stupid now. Why in the nine hells did Yukina blame the rooftop incident on both them when it was entirely her extremely violent best friend fault? Sayaka should be getting harshly reprimand by both Yukina and Simba for putting everyone on the island in danger for no reason yet she gets away with it without so much as slap on the wrist. "Think about what you have done?" Listen, in order for someone to learn from their mistakes they need to actually make one first. And don't tell me Yukina wasn't aware of what happened when she has a familiar designed to spy on him.

To make things worse, Kojou actually conceded the moral high ground to Sayaka which is utterly blaffing. How was the Rudolf stuff anywhere close to his fault? Yukina was one who got involve of her accord and if he hadn't helped out she would be dead. The Terrorists? Yukina was the one who took Valter's bait to begin with and If anything Sayaka should have been the one stopped that (since you know... it's her job) rather than whining about how she hates Kojou for petty stuff. He clearly must have hit his head hard somewhere along the line and damaged his brain to agree to something that ridiculous. If that was writing's attempt to make him seem admiral it failed big time for me. Instead all I saw was a fool with no self respect.

At least the plot moved along pretty well this week and Motoki's ability was quite interesting if not a little weird. I'm not a fan of Asagi being put in the dark again, but it doesn't stop her from contributing on her part so I guess it's okay. The Nagisa stuff looks like might go somewhere next week so that something to look forward to.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires