AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-29, 03:49   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

This thread is for those of you with questions about the No Game No Life anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about No Game No Life which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2014-05-01, 16:16   Link #2
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well I'll just start then.

While its obvious that Ted is voiced by a woman - is Ted actually a female character, rather than a male one?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-05-01, 16:27   Link #3
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

While its obvious that Ted is voiced by a woman - is Ted actually a female character, rather than a male one?
Tet is a male god. Confirmed male. However, as he is a god, he can have any appearance he so chooses, so he could be a girl if he wanted to be. lol
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-05-02, 04:59   Link #4
c933103
FTNR

Quote:

FYI, the voice actor also voiced:

Ikuto Noguchi from Digimon Savers
lphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist
Hasuta from Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
Old 2014-05-04, 17:03   Link #5
leorodri100

also, taiga and lousie, shana, kagura, rise, rose and aria she was the tsundere queen
Old 2014-05-04, 18:43   Link #6
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
also, taiga and lousie, shana, kagura, rise, rose and aria she was the tsundere queen
Please be noted about relationship behind characters which I had given as example. (sexuality)
Old 2014-05-09, 09:03   Link #7
AC-Phoenix
Detective

After starting with the Novel from EP 5 content twoo things I didn't get:

Spoiler for Novel Questions ~ Content past episode 5:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-05-09, 13:08   Link #8
kagato3

Quote:
After starting with the Novel from EP 5 content twoo things I didn't get:

Spoiler for Novel Questions ~ Content past episode 5:
Spoiler for ln:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-05-22, 04:19   Link #9
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
(as a note, anime ep 8 will be scripted by author himself.
How much does the author involve in the anime as a whole?
Old 2014-05-22, 04:27   Link #10
Xacual

He himself has said he's been intimately involved in the scripts and creative process of the anime all along. Episode 8 is I guess the first episode he's writing the whole script since he felt like he needed to point it out in advance.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-06-11, 12:50   Link #11
Ickarium

Spoiler for Second Game with Kurami Question - Just In Case:
Old 2014-06-11, 13:29   Link #12
Xacual

It doesn't at least as far as translations go.

Spoiler for Scene in the novel:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-06-19, 15:09   Link #13
Shadow5YA

Was the anime going to be 12 or 13 episodes?
Old 2014-06-19, 15:16   Link #14
GDB

12, I believe.
Old 2014-06-23, 17:00   Link #15
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
How can this anime possibly end at 12 episodes? Just as things are getting interesting, they'll cut it off again .. I bet no announcement either whether the anime will get a S2 or not?
Old 2014-06-23, 17:30   Link #16
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
How can this anime possibly end at 12 episodes? Just as things are getting interesting, they'll cut it off again .. I bet no announcement either whether the anime will get a S2 or not?
There is enough LN material to make another 12EP season, but that would mean that the anime catched up with the LN, since now the LN author seems to have been forced to pause, due to bad health. So while a 2nd season could work, you would have to wait for 5+ years for the 3rd one, which would not be a good idea...

To put it into perspective: There are 6 Light Novel volumes released right now. The anime, including the final Episode, will cover the first 3 volumes (unless they do an anime original ending...), so there would be another 3 volumes left for a second season, but the author is not writing right now, so as mentioned, a 3rd season would take a very long time to become reality, if people didn't actually lose interest until then...
Old 2014-06-23, 18:28   Link #17
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Regardless if there is enough material for another season or not, it doesn't matter if the adaptation was done as an advertisement for the light novel.

Some series didn't have a sequel despite faring well with the BD/DVD sales, which pretty much indicate the initial purpose of the adaptation.
Old 2014-06-23, 19:12   Link #18
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Regardless if there is enough material for another season or not, it doesn't matter if the adaptation was done as an advertisement for the light novel.

Some series didn't have a sequel despite faring well with the BD/DVD sales, which pretty much indicate the initial purpose of the adaptation.
But in this case, the anime is the life line of the Novel, since just because of the anime, the sales for the novels have skyrocketed up high. So it woudn't surprise me if they use this sale booster again.
Old 2014-10-26, 22:10   Link #19
Parousia

I'll just leave my question here hoping that it would be answered quickly.

Why does it have no season two? I got lazy so I went straight here rather than searching the net.
Old 2014-11-04, 03:38   Link #20
Brother Coa
Banned

Because they are still not working on one?
I am also not sure how far LN have got since anime ended, it can very well be lack of material to animate.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a