AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-30, 19:25   Link #1
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

Yachiru's Capability?

umm... i was just wondering, hitsugaya is considered a genius right (because of his young age and rank of captain). but yachiru (pink haired 11th division vice-captain) seems even younger looking than him, and she has a pretty significant rank. so would she be considered a genius too, or is her age just exagerated?
Old 2006-08-30, 19:52   Link #2
Junni
Flip Flap

she trains with kenpachi =D
Old 2006-08-30, 20:05   Link #3
hdx514
馬甲

hitsugaya is more like a retard, if you compare his progress to the main characters of bleach, then again, who isn't

but i do agree, if yachiru's rank in division 11 is truly in accordance with her real powers, then yes, she's definitely no less a "genius" than hitsugaya, although we really need to see her proving herself at least once with a real fight. granted though, as a loli in a japanese manga, she has the privilege of being a most likely rule-breaker
Old 2006-08-30, 20:16   Link #4
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
well Hitsugaya is a genius because he not just knows his bankai but he also has few tricks with it (more than Renji) and not his young age counts but the time that he spend on training (to academy not only children and teenages comes)
Yachiru has big reiatsu is faster than normal VC (not sure about shunpo), but we don't know how she fights, but she can't chew someone's head and that's much
and don't forget that she's VC and it doesn't matter if ur stronger than her, u'll still never become 11th VC under Kenpachi XD
Old 2006-08-30, 20:24   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

While Yachiru might look like a little kid, she is probably quite a bit older than Hitsugaya. She only looks young.

We know that Hitsugaya is actually younger than Momo, Kira, Renji and Rukia. (Those four are all abut the same age and were in school while Hitsugaya was still a watermelon eating brat.) By contrast, I'm pretty sure that Kenpachi (and Yachiru) were already active shinigami if not Capt and Lt while that crew was still in school.

This makes Yachiru quite a bit older than Hitsugaya and elimates any pretentions of her being a genius.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-30, 20:46   Link #6
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
By contrast, I'm pretty sure that Kenpachi (and Yachiru) were already active shinigami if not Capt and Lt while that crew was still in school.
Actually... if we know how many years ago the Shinigami that is with the Bount now (forgot his name) left SS, that would help with the calculation, because that is when Kenpachi took the captain's chair, I would imagine along with Yachiru as vice-captain. Kinda makes sense?
Old 2006-08-30, 21:43   Link #7
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
While Yachiru might look like a little kid, she is probably quite a bit older than Hitsugaya. She only looks young.

We know that Hitsugaya is actually younger than Momo, Kira, Renji and Rukia. (Those four are all abut the same age and were in school while Hitsugaya was still a watermelon eating brat.) By contrast, I'm pretty sure that Kenpachi (and Yachiru) were already active shinigami if not Capt and Lt while that crew was still in school.

This makes Yachiru quite a bit older than Hitsugaya and elimates any pretentions of her being a genius.
your logic is laughable.

1. IF yachiru already became lieutenant while hitsu was still eating melons in rukongai, it could mean:
a. yachiru had already trained with kenpachi for hundreds of years, nothing surprising.
b. yachiru became lieutenant due to her powers with or without formal academic training at a even younger age than hitsu, she's a "genius among retards"(news flash: just because i entered college while you're still in junior high doesn't mean i must be older than you - that's the whole point of being a "genius")
c. yachiru became lieutenant because kenpachi wanted it that way. age is irrelevant
d. ...

2. kenpachi/yachiru became captain/lieutenant:
a. before renji&co. entered the academy
b. after a., but before hitsu entered the academy
c. after b., but before renji&co. graduated from the academy
d. ...

we know gin was only vice cap when they were in the academy, what's to say that kenpachi didn't storm in seireitei much later? we only know for sure that when renji got transferred to div11 kenpachi was there, but that's a long time after renji entered the academy

3. hitsugaya looks young, yachiru looks younger
a. hitsugaya is young, yachiru looks young but is actually old
b. their looks reflect their ages. hitsugaya and yachiru are both young by shinigami standard
c. hitsugaya's old, he just age slower.
d. ...

how can you be sure that hitsugaya is actually younger than momo with your logic? all we know for sure is that hitsugaya is the youngest captain around

what you're saying is a mere possibility, a rather unlikely one i might add, because you are arbitrarily selecting conclusions and saying that a condition which applies to every other shinigami does not apply to yachiru. it certainly doesn't MAKE yachiru older or ELIMINATE anything.
Old 2006-08-30, 21:56   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

We know that Hitsugaya is younger than Momo because we saw them in a flashback where Momo was still in school while looking after a younger Hitsugaya who hadn't entered school yet. That is at least sufficent proof of Hitsugaya's youthfulness.

As for my belief that Yachiru is older than that, we only have the implication that it was some time ago that Kariya's Shinigami flunky left Soul Society.

At any rate, Yachiru is still only a lieutenant, like Hitsugaya's other senpais Momo, Kira and Renji. If they aren't considered to be geniuses, then why should she be a genius?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-30, 22:09   Link #9
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I think it is not really appropriate to compare their ages based on what they look like at the soul society, mainly because we do not know the time the souls arrived at the soul society and the rate of aging in soul society compared to aging in human world.

Hitsugaya might be older than Momo, by arriving at a much younger age to soul society and staying a much longer time there while Momo arriving there at a much later time and as a conscious and much older being capable of learning things much faster.

Also, the rankings do not actually represent the levels or the limit of the strengths of shinigamis as we have already observed from Kenpachi's other lower ranked officials.
Old 2006-08-30, 22:24   Link #10
Malyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Also, the rankings do not actually represent the levels or the limit of the strengths of shinigamis as we have already observed from Kenpachi's other lower ranked officials.
Maybe she's just like Maya in Tenjou Tenge and can control the size of her body. It could be possible when you see that Yoruichi can change into a cat.

And still about strength and ranking, I wonder about the power of Nanao, the VC of Kyouraku (spelling maybe wrong). I don't remember in the anime seeing her sword once, but only a book and her glasses. Does she really have power or she is the VC because she looks clever ?
Old 2006-08-30, 22:50   Link #11
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
I think it is not really appropriate to compare their ages based on what they look like at the soul society, mainly because we do not know the time the souls arrived at the soul society and the rate of aging in soul society compared to aging in human world.

Hitsugaya might be older than Momo, by arriving at a much younger age to soul society and staying a much longer time there while Momo arriving there at a much later time and as a conscious and much older being capable of learning things much faster.

that's what i intended to say, thank you.
dismissing the fact that yachiru currently appears younger than everyone else and calling a flashback of hitsugaya appearing younger than momo proof is...double standard. the "look doesn't reflect age" thing could apply to anyone

and as Sazelyt said, people are talking about yachiru being a genius because she is isn't just any leiutenant, but the lieutenant of the overpowering div 11. plus, she's the only lieutenant who hasn't been pawned so far, and the president of the women shinigami association

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyn
Maybe she's just like Maya in Tenjou Tenge and can control the size of her body. It could be possible when you see that Yoruichi can change into a cat.

And still about strength and ranking, I wonder about the power of Nanao, the VC of Kyouraku (spelling maybe wrong). I don't remember in the anime seeing her sword once, but only a book and her glasses. Does she really have power or she is the VC because she looks clever ?
i say more like biscuit from HUNTER X HUNTER
nanao should be pretty strong with kido. the thing with her is that she only had one real chance to demonstrate her powers so far and it was very unfortunately against yamamoto. it's unfair to judge her fighting ability from that.
Old 2006-08-31, 09:52   Link #12
Snubben_Pierre

Yachiru could be captain level, but chooses to stay as Vice captain because she likes ken-chan.. she could also be not to strong in battle and is Vice captain because Ken-chan and her have strong bonds, I at least think it seems like that they have strong bonds..

Spoiler:

But i dont believe that vice captains get chosen always because of their skills and maybe for other things.

Reasons for getting chosen:
Loyalty.(12th vice captain)
naiveness (hinamori)
Strength.
knowledge.
Beauty =/?!
Old 2006-08-31, 10:14   Link #13
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato_D
umm... i was just wondering, hitsugaya is considered a genius right (because of his young age and rank of captain). but yachiru (pink haired 11th division vice-captain) seems even younger looking than him, and she has a pretty significant rank. so would she be considered a genius too, or is her age just exagerated?
Does her bankai bring all the girls to the yard? Is it better than ya'lls? and does she have to charge? No. But hitsugaya's bankai does theres your answer.
Old 2006-09-01, 06:00   Link #14
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

She is a VC because Kenpachi wants her to be his VC, the rest doesnt matter in any way possible
Old 2006-09-01, 07:02   Link #15
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
She is a VC because Kenpachi wants her to be his VC, the rest doesnt matter in any way possible
any proof to your allegations? i suppose you just know she doesn't deserve her spot huh?

we've seen yumichika, who knows ikkaku's "secret" referring to him as the second strongest man in division 11, not simply the second strongest. if you have read the manga past the S.S. bit, you would have known the "secret" and the significance of that remark;
we've seen power as the be-all end-all thing for division 11. yet no one ever showed any disrespect for yachiru;
we've seen div.11 members looking down on iba and the whole of div7 since he transferred there and became lieutenant because promotion to the same position was difficult in div 11. why would they disdain and not sympathize with him if yachiru was indeed promoted due to nepotism?
last but not least, does kenpachi seem like a rank maniac to you? he seeks to fight the strongest opponent and cares about yachiru's well-being, but what in the world makes you think he'd give a darn about her ranking in the first place?
Old 2006-09-01, 09:05   Link #16
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

It is irrelavant wether she deserves her spot or not, as long as Kenpachi wants her there - and the circumstances and reasons why he befriended Yachiru isnt exactly because she was uuber powerful, no ?

Showing disrespect to yachiru would probably get Kenpachi pissed and i believe no one is that insane to try that.

And where did i say that he would give a damn about her raking? Its just that her having this rank is most convinient for him, so she has it. In a way its also caring for her well being, because noone can order her arround.
Old 2006-09-01, 11:19   Link #17
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
It is irrelavant wether she deserves her spot or not, as long as Kenpachi wants her there - and the circumstances and reasons why he befriended Yachiru isnt exactly because she was uuber powerful, no ?

Showing disrespect to yachiru would probably get Kenpachi pissed and i believe no one is that insane to try that.

And where did i say that he would give a damn about her raking? Its just that her having this rank is most convinient for him, so she has it. In a way its also caring for her well being, because noone can order her arround.
on one dares get kenpachi pissed? forgot ikkaku nearly fought kenpachi to death and is still looking forward to defeating him? and why do they all have to look down on iba even when kenpachi's not around?

and convenient? show me the rule which states that a captain must be accompanied by his/her lieutenant and cannot carry a seated officer on his/her back. and while you're at it, where's the proof that yachiru became lieutenant because kenpachi wanted her to be instead of her getting the spot with her own powers?

irrelevant? what are you talking about? this thread asks the question "is yachiru a genius?", her actual powers (and age) are more relevant than anything. age aside, if she doesn't deserve the spot, then she's not a "genius", vice versa. actually, kenpachi's wish is irrelevant if we know she deserves the place, as it won't chance the answer to the question.

let me give you a simple example, suppose we have
A and B as president and VP respectively. we know A befriended/cares about B way before for reasons other than intelligence. now, someone asks the question: is B intelligent? and you say:
B's intelligence is irrelevant, since A cares very much about B, A must have made B VP so B doesn't have to take shit from anyone and they can stick together regardless of B'sintelligence
what kind of an answer is that?
Old 2006-09-01, 11:30   Link #18
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514
let me give you a simple example, suppose we have
A and B as president and VP respectively. we know A befriended B way before for reasons other than intelligence. now, someone asks the question: is B intelligent? and you say:
B's intelligence is irrelevant, since A and B are very good friends A must have made B VP regardless of his intelligence
what kind of an answer is that?
I wont argue about yachiru since I dont read the manga (hence lacking alot of information for a proper POV), but thats the kind of answer to indicate corruption (of A), something like:

2 people applied for for a office job.
A is a experienced commoner,
B is a noble

B gets chosen because he is a noble, whether he has any form of capabilities or not.

But of course, for that to happen in a place like SS is rather far-fetched, unless we have been told that Capains are the ones who decide on the rank of his squad?
Old 2006-09-01, 11:45   Link #19
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
I wont argue about yachiru since I dont read the manga (hence lacking alot of information for a proper POV), but thats the kind of answer to indicate corruption (of A), something like:

2 people applied for for a office job.
A is a experienced commoner,
B is a noble

B gets chosen because he is a noble, whether he has any form of capabilities or not.

But of course, for that to happen in a place like SS is rather far-fetched, unless we have been told that Capains are the ones who decide on the rank of his squad?
farfetched aside, even if we do know for sure that B is chosen due to his/her nobility, can we not still ask the question: is B actually capable? And if someone asks this question, how can "B deserving the job or not", which directly affects the answer to the question, be irrelevant to the question??
Old 2006-09-01, 11:51   Link #20
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
It is only logical for the Captains to select their vice captains (either forcefully or by being the final decision maker). I think the only position that the higher-ups would want to interfere is the captain position due to specific requirements for that position (such as winning against a captain and/or obtaining bankai).
Closed Thread