AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-12, 21:16   Link #1
maxthelostboy

Candy Candy out

It's in spanish dub with english sub but I can't wait to downlaod it how about you guys?
maxthelostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 21:32   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Candy Candy was one of the most popular anime that was broadcasted in México during the early 80's and rebroadcasted again in the mid-90's.

Candy Candy appeared for a last time on the Mexican screens as late as 1998.

The subs that are serving were ripped likely from the episodes that were translated in México, and then added them English subtitles.

I think TV Azteca stills retains the broadcast rights for Candy Candy in Mexico, but they have not bothered in renewing them.

Therefore, I won't download those subs because I'm Mexican, and Candy Candy has been licensed within my country for a very long, long time.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 21:36   Link #3
maxthelostboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Candy Candy was one of the most popular anime that was broadcasted in México during the early 80's and rebroadcasted again in the mid-90's.

The subs that are serving were ripped likely from the episodes that were translated in México, and then added them English subtitles.

I think TV Azteca stills retains the broadcast rights for Candy Candy in Mexico, but they have not bothered in renewing them.

Therefore, I won't download those subs because I'm Mexican, and Candy Candy has been licensed within my country for a very long, long time.
O man mexcio was so lucky to already ahve this cartoon already translated in spanish Maybe this might help me fix my spanish up a bit.(I so failed that class)
maxthelostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 21:49   Link #4
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

Err the audio for this Candy Candy Episode is Spanish from Spain, and the episode was captured from old Spanish TV broadcastings as well. So you don't have to worry about it for this episode

This fansub series comes in two audio formats: Some episodes in Mexican and South American Spanish (Some episodes in Argentinian Spanish, some in Colombian and some in mexican) and some in Spanish from Spain.

I suggest you to give it a try because this classic anime is VERY hard to find
Old 2004-07-12, 21:52   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well I got the same complete series on DVD spanish Dub, and I thought this release was going to be worthwhile to collect but its NOT :P

The Video VHS quality is very poor but well ..good old classic. You wont be disappointed... Word of advice.... Collect all 115 episodes, ovas and the OST
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 21:59   Link #6
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Well I got the same complete series on DVD spanish Dub and I thought this release was going to be worthwhile to collect but its NOT :P

The Video VHS quality is very poor but well ..good old classic. You wont be disappointed... word of advice Collect all 115 episodes, ovas and the OST
Same here I have the 115 episodes. I downloaded them from everywhere. From Kazaa, I donkey, frozeen layer, Direct connect etc :P

It is a shame that TOEI isn't selling any original DVDs of VHS tapes of the series...
Old 2004-07-12, 22:16   Link #7
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Wow, I'm so grateful that somebody is considerate enough to do Candy Candy, a totally classic anime series. Now, I wonder if they're also releasing the Spanish dub without the subtitles. Since I speak Spanish, I actually find the subtitles distracting.

Hmm, would the Japanese people be feeling the same if they watch anime with English subtitles?
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 10:35   Link #8
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Well I got the same complete series on DVD spanish Dub, and I thought this release was going to be worthwhile to collect but its NOT :P

The Video VHS quality is very poor but well ..good old classic. You wont be disappointed... Word of advice.... Collect all 115 episodes, ovas and the OST
DVD spanish dubs!?!? of CANDY CANDY? I cant believe it!

I watch the episode. So many memories came to my mind, I watched this when I was a kid, so I got very nostalgic, this is a truly a classic series and I cant wait for the next episode I cant thank you enough for fansubing this series
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 11:13   Link #9
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
DVD spanish dubs!?!? of CANDY CANDY? I cant believe it!
They're talking about DVDs made by individuals, using episodes they've recorded from TV. There're no official Candy Candy DVDs or LDs or tapes, as there's a legal problem going on for several years that has prevented any kind of release.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 12:18   Link #10
I My Me

Talking 10 things you want to say

o kjust wanted to say some things here

1) thank yo uthank you thank you!! you have no idea how happy you made US today!!!

2) thank yo uthank you thank yo uagain!!!

3) they are in spanish!! thank oyu thank you thank you!!

4) this are not the south american verions. they are the euro spanish version dubed in spain.

5) thank you thank you thank you can you release the next 114 please? im in a rush here ><!!!!

6) thank you htank you thank you

7) you are our god

8) thank y outhank you thank you

9) all of them are this cuality? ifso why do they weigth 186mb i mena the .rm file was what 25mbs? hey im not complainig just wondering ><

10) thank you thank yo thank you keep up the good work !

Edited:--------------------------------
back about 5 years ago i went ot the tv station in guatemala ( the country next to mexico i nthe south ) to buy the anime form then in the 3m i dont know what format. they sayd it was 5k i told them to go f**** themselfs well 5k is about $800 so still it was way to much... well htey where the 3m railers so maybe it was worth it? i dont know but i will keep looking for my candy candy dvds ><!
come on ADV where are yo uwhen i need you!?!? o yea closing bittorent sites heh :fingers:
I My Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 13:01   Link #11
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Thanks guys I'm doing as much I can to make the releases for this anime as good as they can possibly.

The file weights 182 mb because I added a 17 mb intro video to it. (I hope that you have enjoyed it)

The original file was around 170 mb.

I will polish my work for the next episode. So that we get a smaller file size and a better picture quality.

Thanks for your support guys
Old 2004-07-13, 22:50   Link #12
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I liked the first episode ..nice classic artwork and the bg song fitted perfectly
..114 episodes to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Thanks guys I'm doing as much I can to make the releases for this anime as good as they can possibly.

The file weights 182 mb because I added a 17 mb intro video to it. (I hope that you have enjoyed it)

I will polish my work for the next episode. So that we get a smaller file size and a better picture quality.

Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 23:44   Link #13
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Spanish dubs with english subs?
eh?
might as well give it a shot

-----------------
some time later.....
Just watched it, really refreshing to see such a series during the midst of modern anime. The Spanish dub wasn't awkward at all, but then again i'm not sure what to expect. At times the subtitles seemed awkward since they were sharper than the animation but not that much. The font matched it well... made it like reading a story book of some sort. Man, why couldn't they show this when i was little?

Last edited by Melty Snow; 2004-07-14 at 06:19.
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 21:50   Link #14
OldSchoolFan

Talking Thanks for the Candy Candy fix!

Quote:

I think you did a nice job on your sub! This is one of those anime programs I WISHED I had seen already, but hardly any interest was ever given to bring it here in the US. In the early '80s, a TV distributor, ZIV International, attempted to syndicate an English dubbed edition of the program, but it didn't attract any broadasters to picking it up, and the resulting few episodes that were dubbed had made their way to home video.

Oddly, the Japanese version did get a lmited airplay in the early '80s on a UHF station in Los Angeles (KHYY-TV22) who at the time once catered to the Japanese-speaking audience with a number of programs they used to play including anime, which many non-speakers caught on to, and help to fuel the anime fandom as we know it! I found little evidence in my private video collection in the form of a promo slide shown during a broadcast of "Getter Robo G".

I don't mind listening to this Spanish dub myself (I did take Spanish for three years in high school, but it doesn't really hold up in the business world of Ohio)! I actually am a sucker for foriegn anime dubs, as I'm very ENVIOUS over the number of countries that DID get these programs than we did (especially Italy). American was a rather fickled market to deal with in those days, and not too may stations cared to buy into a froiegn program without knowing if it would be a hit or not. Shows like Dr. Slump, Candy Candy, Conan the Future Boy, Captain Harlock and others could've found a home if it wasn't for the uptight standards of the day (and cable wasn't nearly any help either, though a few were luckilly seen there).

I enjoyed the intro video you produced for the sub, mainly since I didn't really knew that much about this sereis at all, or it's popularity and legal troubles as of late. In the translation dept. one name that stuck out a bit for me was the one kid's name "Tomas". A better equivilent for this could've been "Thomas", but I'll forgive you (this is a Spanish dub after all). I personally didn't knew there was a few different dialect versions of Candy Candy produced for different markets. The one from Mexico could've easily landed its way into the US if it had been aired on networks like Univision or Telemundo in their early years. At least now I can FINALLY see the show I've heard so much of, but never got to see elsewhere.

Keep up the good work!!
OldSchoolFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 21:37   Link #15
I My Me

Quote:

gambare gambare or what ever they say to say do your best ><!!
Old 2004-07-19, 13:01   Link #16
I My Me

hey, i found HIGH cuality candy on the mule, from tollaxtv or somting like that, im geting the epis form htere if you want i can giv eyou the elinks ! im sure you will like hte quality alot i did is great!
Old 2004-07-19, 14:19   Link #17
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by I My Me
hey, i found HIGH cuality candy on the mule, from tollaxtv or somting like that, im geting the epis form htere if you want i can giv eyou the elinks ! im sure you will like hte quality alot i did is great!

"Forum Rules and FAQ

Do not post nonsense (and learn to write, this isn't kindergarten!)

..............."
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 21:59   Link #18
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
"Forum Rules and FAQ

Do not post nonsense (and learn to write, this isn't kindergarten!)

..............."
LOL I thought you were refering to linking to emule, I mean you cant link raws (I think) in the forum, but instead you were adressing to a trivial thing, I mean is only two misplaced spaces, Ive seen worse

Now on topic, I hope you can really make something with those high quality eps (if they are real of course), Im looking forward to it
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 15:38   Link #19
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I have been working tirelessly on improving the quality of the videos. And at the same time I have been trying to make the subtitles much more enjoyable and at the same time to be a lot less literal; what I mean is that I am trying to make the translation to fix appropriately with contest. Therefore, a second version of Candy candy 1 will be coming out pretty soon

Here is a sample of how much I have been able to improve the picture quality.

Original picture: Divx 5.11 at 900k

Re-encoded picture:

Thanks to Antony to for coaching me on how to use avisynth and other filtering tecniques
Old 2004-07-21, 15:55   Link #20
ruxiruxi
Morita addicted

What you're doing is great. Lots of thnx. You say that a second version of Candy Candy eps 1 is going to be released soon, What about the rest? (just curiosity )
ruxiruxi is offline   Reply With Quote