Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-03-14, 16:26   Link #16901
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
Its just the matter of size. I don't think the quality of a 1/100 NG is any better than that of a 1/144 HG.
My rule of thumb for picking between sizes if asking whether I'm going to pose it or not. If I am, then I go with 1/144. If I'm not, then 1/100. A 1/100 pose on an action base is way too big. In the space I can put five posed 1/144s, I can pose one or two 1/100s at best.

And the HLJ vs. local store thing is simple. Is the extra money worth equal to the time you can wait.
If its 7 bucks for a two weeks of shipping, I think I can wait and save the 7 bucks and buy an SD kit.
But thats just me.
thanks, i usually pose them a few times after completion and every once in a while i change their pose. the only bases i have are those that came with the kit ie 144 0 raiser and GNZ MS line. if i dont have a stand for then it'll still pose on it feet.

i've looked at the pics on dalong and it seems the 100 has more line details. do they stand out well? im leaning more to the 100 for the fine details. are the slots for the beam handles on the waist loose like the 144 (a youtube vid review)? i usually am rather patient sow 2-4 weeks isnt that bad.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 17:30   Link #16902
Dynamite

Well heres food for thought: You can buy both the Shirunai and the Oowaski (spelling?) 1/144 for less than the price of buying one Akatsuki that can't put on both its packs.

But I do have a bias against large gold-plated/extra finish kits. They just don't look good.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 17:48   Link #16903
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
Well heres food for thought: You can buy both the Shirunai and the Oowaski (spelling?) 1/144 for less than the price of buying one Akatsuki that can't put on both its packs.

But I do have a bias against large gold-plated/extra finish kits. They just don't look good.
thats possible but i wont have much room to store it. im running out of places to store them for display. i dont mind gold plating much as long as i find a good product to cover up scratches. either way i'll hold off buying it after i get the currrent models built, by then i should have chosen which scale to get. thanks for the help and advice.
Old 2010-03-14, 22:09   Link #16904
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork View Post
well the thing is that i'm on a budget of $200, and as for the compressors I linked...don't they have the ability to adjust the PSI?? I was also looking at this

http://www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com/iwrewisijetc.html

, I'm just concerned because that compressors looks weak.
To me it looks weak aswell, Google the compressor and see if people have been having trouble with it or any reviews of it. That package deal looks good can't pass that up though. $200 to spend isn't that much if you are looking for a decent airbrush and compressor. I don't know how the Revolution airbrush series are so you should google that aswell to see what others think of it.

Compressor i use is http://www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com/smartjet1.html
but i don't see any package deals with it. But i see that there is a sale on that webpage and it ends on the 19th of march.
Old 2010-03-15, 04:27   Link #16905
ako07

http://ignitionmode.net/wip/robot-da...-gn-sword-iii/

just got my GN sword 3 web exclusive weee!

now waiting for seven sword
ako07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 14:02   Link #16906
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I knew that Gundam Hammer with the Astraea would have GN Condenser spikes.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 14:57   Link #16907
BioRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I knew that Gundam Hammer with the Astraea would have GN Condenser spikes.
This image makes me really want the Astraea Type F:
BioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 18:30   Link #16908
X207
Gamyūsa

how do you go about ordering from hlj? i placed an order and selected paypal as a payment method. today i got the following email
Thank you very much for placing an order with HobbyLink Japan. This message is to confirm that we have received the following order and are now processing it.

Customer ID: _______

Shipping Address:
____

Shipping Method: SALSP

Order No.:______
BAN925654 BB#264 Blitz Gundam 1 ¥500 ¥500
Merchandise Total: ¥500
Shipping Charge: Not Yet Determined
Total: ¥500
its followed along with the usual advice to check that the details are accurate.

does this mean the payment has gone thru and they're setting it up so it will ship to the destination? its the first time i order from hlj, im used to HWJapan's slightly different schedule to get to the part where the order is confirmed and sent.
Old 2010-03-15, 19:02   Link #16909
amurorei83

I've recently bought a kit from HLJ, and that email is sent as a general notice. The will sent you another email detailing the amount that is charged against ur account including the shipping price. As for shipping speed, I selected SAL and it took 2 weeks to arrive.

Hope that helps.
amurorei83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 19:49   Link #16910
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by amurorei83 View Post
I've recently bought a kit from HLJ, and that email is sent as a general notice. The will sent you another email detailing the amount that is charged against ur account including the shipping price. As for shipping speed, I selected SAL and it took 2 weeks to arrive.

Hope that helps.
thanks amurorei, so it sends 1 extra email than HWjapan ie order confirmation then amount to pay. 2 weeks isnt that bad imo, hwJ took 30 days for the nebula blitz and i wonder how long the 144 shiranui akatsuki will take.

regarding HWjapan, they're currently having 30% of on quite a few models which is why i ordered the 144 akatasuki.
Old 2010-03-16, 02:17   Link #16911
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Larger image of the HG 1/144 Gundam Astraea Type F:

And as noted above, the kit will also include the V-fin to convert the Type F into the Type F2 (since technically the other parts needed to create the F2 are all Exia parts).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 03:07   Link #16912
Like_Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
To me it looks weak aswell, Google the compressor and see if people have been having trouble with it or any reviews of it. That package deal looks good can't pass that up though. $200 to spend isn't that much if you are looking for a decent airbrush and compressor. I don't know how the Revolution airbrush series are so you should google that aswell to see what others think of it.

Compressor i use is http://www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com/smartjet1.html
but i don't see any package deals with it. But i see that there is a sale on that webpage and it ends on the 19th of march.
well i don't know how much ABing I'm gonna be doing in these next few months, so I decided that I'm gonna skimp on a good compressor for now since thats the majority of the price, and I'm possibly getting an iwata hp-cs for $60 :].
Like_Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 05:37   Link #16913
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

I just wanted to add pics of the Weapons layout for the HG 1/144 Gundam Astraea Type F:

Thats as big as i got it
Old 2010-03-16, 06:06   Link #16914
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

LOL now if I put that GN Bazooka and Hammer on my O Gundam (A.C.D) ........
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 06:53   Link #16915
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Astraea Type F will be a pain to recolor to the original color.My dream of making my below Sig be a HG model reality is still damn far off.......>__>

Hmmm,how are we suppose to turn it into F2 anyways if we buy the Exia parts?Since there ARE no fully red Exia parts......unless.....oh no........they dont expect us to.....[DUNDUNDUN].

At least splashing everything red is easier than delicately coloring the traditional colors.
Old 2010-03-16, 07:45   Link #16916
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Astraea Type F will be a pain to recolor to the original color.My dream of making my below Sig be a HG model reality is still damn far off.......>__>

Hmmm,how are we suppose to turn it into F2 anyways if we buy the Exia parts?Since there ARE no fully red Exia parts......unless.....oh no........they dont expect us to.....[DUNDUNDUN].

At least splashing everything red is easier than delicately coloring the traditional colors.
I think what he meant was that, the extra F2 parts will come with this since they're all from the Exia anyways and this pretty much is just an re-coloured re-release of it.

So yes there WILL be fully red Exia parts after this kit's release
Old 2010-03-16, 07:52   Link #16917
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork View Post
well i don't know how much ABing I'm gonna be doing in these next few months, so I decided that I'm gonna skimp on a good compressor for now since thats the majority of the price, and I'm possibly getting an iwata hp-cs for $60 :].
So if you are going to be skimping out on a good compressor which one are you going to be getting? And a HP-CS for $60 that is a steal, or do you mean the HP-CR? Well if you need anything other info give me a shout.
Old 2010-03-16, 08:32   Link #16918
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Quote:
You guessed it. TRANS AM.
Un1ver5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 08:46   Link #16919
Like_Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
So if you are going to be skimping out on a good compressor which one are you going to be getting? And a HP-CS for $60 that is a steal, or do you mean the HP-CR? Well if you need anything other info give me a shout.
well I know I'm looking with something that has a regulator, moisture trap, about 1/8 hp, and an average psi output. so i'm keeping my eye open for options. and yeah its the hp-cs, eclipse line, not revolution if I'm not mistaken.
Like_Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 09:26   Link #16920
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The HG Astraea is probably no more than an HG Exia recolored red and with extra parts to turn it into the Astraea Type-F - in fact, I'm fully expecting you to be able to recreate an Exia from it, but as pure red instead . Hence, to turn it into the Astraea Type-F2 all you need to do is assemble the legs, forearms and GN Drive assembly as you would the Exia, then just assemble the rest of the shoulder, torso and head Astraea parts.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy