AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-21, 20:36   Link #1
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Jinki: Extend

Anyway, for those interest, the OVA of episode 13 comes out tomorrow. Yes, the anime sucked but only from the end of episode 5 and up, and the manga kicks @$$. So I'm still rooting for this episode to do some last-minute justice for the series.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIBA-91192

Last edited by Shinji103; 2005-12-24 at 07:42.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 21:29   Link #2
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

The J:E thread probably died from the wipe. Not that it matters, the show was only good because of Aoba.

Now, if someone saved out that avatar of mine with the girl entangled in cables I'll be very grateful
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 22:21   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Now, if someone saved out that avatar of mine with the girl entangled in cables I'll be very grateful
I loved the avatar along with that scene from the anime, as well.

I think that both Aoba and Genta-san were the ones who singlehandedly owned the show.

It sucked when the staff failed to adapt decently the Akao arc.

And it quite puzzles me that ADV or another licensor hasn't yet given a word of licensing this show.

Nonetheless, I included Jinki:Extend in my top 10 best anime shows for 2005.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 23:15   Link #4
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I didn't like Aoba... I liked Akao though. The OST was great, but the anime wasn't very coherent.
Old 2005-12-22, 05:30   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I included Jinki: Extend in my best 10 of 2005 due to the excellent way the first 4 episodes went. I guess the staff thought (foolishly) that they could make it work for 12 +1 episode, then when they hit 5 they realized that they screwed themselves, thus why they took Shousei out of the anime. Nonetheless, Jinki: Extend the manga is beautiful, I can't wait for ADV Manga to recommence their manga realses and release more Jinki: Extend manga. Not that I'm going to buy it (I already have all of original Jinki manga and 1-7 of Jinki: Extend), but then everybody will see how good it is. Although, they really need to get original Jinki out there first, because Jinki: Extend kinda feels a little empty without reading Jinki first to see what the heck is going on. Yes the original Jinki character designs sucked @$$ horribly, but it needs to be released. >.>
Old 2005-12-22, 06:54   Link #6
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I think the main problem with Jinki Extend the anime is that it should have been 26 episodes. It felt like a book with too many pages torn out. Still I am interested in seeing the "extra" episode as it were despite that. The sad part is the show had so much potential.
Old 2005-12-22, 10:52   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev
I think the main problem with Jinki Extend the anime is that it should have been 26 episodes. It felt like a book with too many pages torn out. Still I am interested in seeing the "extra" episode as it were despite that. The sad part is the show had so much potential.
EXACTLY. I'm so glad that other people see this. 26 episodes, and not only could they have actually completed the story, using Kokusho's manga reason for being a bad guy (the anime version of Kokusho's reason for being a bad guy was so horribly cliched , while the manga's reason was just beautiful....in a sad, traumatic, and dramatic way ), but they could have also taken out the flashback/flashfront scenes and actually put all the scenes in chronological order.

Please, if you can read japanese, read the manga. It's so freaking good! And if not, pray that ADV recommences its manga releases soon.
Old 2005-12-23, 12:34   Link #8
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Looks like volume 5 (OVA) has been delayed untill 22/Feb/2006 ;_;
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 16:21   Link #9
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
Looks like volume 5 (OVA) has been delayed untill 22/Feb/2006 ;_;
OMFG...that's the third or fourth delay now....
Old 2005-12-23, 17:09   Link #10
Kensuke

Well, I enjoyed this series, even thought it is pretty average. I also have first three manga volumes (by ADV).
Shiba's evil moe~ness really make this series.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 22:09   Link #11
pianocello

Jinki:Extend would be better with some Aoba x Rui yuri.
pianocello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 07:24   Link #12
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Quote:
The J:E thread probably died from the wipe. Not that it matters, the show was only good because of Aoba.

You mean this one?
Korb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 07:45   Link #13
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianocello
Jinki:Extend would be better with some Aoba x Rui yuri.
Nnnnooooooooo, Rui is my favorite character! (Sorry, Aoba) Don't dirty her existence with yuri!
Old 2005-12-24, 10:25   Link #14
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Nnnnooooooooo, Rui is my favorite character! (Sorry, Aoba) Don't dirty her existence with yuri!
Unfortunately, that would have been the only thing able to save the show from sinking into the confused morass of mediocrity it turned into mid-way. I blame both the directing, storyboard and editing for this. At least it proves that good voice work can lift a show to watchability.

ANd TQ Korb for the avatar again . Should probably change this but the other fav. scene of the wasp waist Aoba losing her pants isn't as funny
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 18:33   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Unfortunately, that would have been the only thing able to save the show from sinking into the confused morass of mediocrity it turned into mid-way. I blame both the directing, storyboard and editing for this. At least it proves that good voice work can lift a show to watchability.
And the manga was so good....

For a comparison on how good the manga is (especially compared to the anime), here's a little thing I posted back on the Jinki: Extend manga thread from before the hack:

For all you Jinki fans out there who can't read Japanese or can't get ahold of the manga, clear your mind of everything you know of Kokusho's past from the anime, because it holds no footing in the manga. Many years before the beginning of the Jinki story:

Spoiler:

Thoughts
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-31, 19:25   Link #16
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Does someone knows where i can get the Japanese manga ? I have the version that ADV had released but they cut it of at the end of vol.3, in the middle of the action (who dumb can you be to stop a series at vol.3 :S)

But to be ontopic, its nice to see the whole rewind Parts. I'm glad they cut it into 2 seperate parts. I think both are great.
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 17:56   Link #17
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel
Does someone knows where i can get the Japanese manga ? I have the version that ADV had released but they cut it of at the end of vol.3, in the middle of the action (who dumb can you be to stop a series at vol.3 :S)

But to be ontopic, its nice to see the whole rewind Parts. I'm glad they cut it into 2 seperate parts. I think both are great.
For the Japanese Manga, go to Kinokuniya Book Store and click on the link to the area where you are. (I don't think it matters too much what area you click on, but it would probably be more effiecient to order from the closest branch) After that, at the top there will be a search field. Leave the bar to the left set on "Japanese Books" and put this into the search field: ジンキ (translation = Jinki; to search for the original Jinki manga and Jinki: Extend), or ジンキ エクステンド (translation = Jinki Extend; to search for Jinki: Extend only). Since the search field compares the exact characters you type in to look for book title,s typing the title in English to find a Japanese book will never work unless the Japanese title is labeled in English, which it rarely is. Thus to search for other books/manga, you will need a Japanese text typing program.

Anyway, use the Japanese characters to find the manga you're looking for. There will be a number to the right of the title and publisher which is the volume number. If the book is in stock anywhere in the group of store branches in that area that you clicked way back on the first page, then there will be a book icon to the right of the title. Click on the title, and if the book is in stock, there will be a list of the branch(es) the book is in stock at on the right side of the page. From here, do the ordering process as you would do a normal internet order. (click on the shopping cart icon, click confirm carty or whatever, type in shipping and payment info, etc. the shipping info and everything on the order details pages does not have to be in Japanese)

If the book is not in stock, don't worry. (too much) you can order the book/manga via special order. Find the phone number of the closest branch and tell them the title(s) and volume number(s) of the books you would like to order. You can choose to either pick them up yourself when they arrive at the store, or the store can ship the books to you.

If you can't find the phone number of the closest branch, go back to the page with the search field at the top, and go to the bottom. The links at the bgottom are e-mail addresses. Use these to ask them what their phone number is. (I don't knw if you can use e-mail to do special order, but I was told by the staff at my nearest branch to use the phone, so I say "do what they say" )

That should do it.
Old 2006-01-24, 02:53   Link #18
ruchik

does anybody kno when jinki extend will be continued? i kno the last episode that it was going to be extended...and i cant seem to find that 13th ova anywhere. can anyone tell me where it is?
ruchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 17:33   Link #19
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchik
does anybody kno when jinki extend will be continued? i kno the last episode that it was going to be extended...and i cant seem to find that 13th ova anywhere. can anyone tell me where it is?
The episode 13 DVD has been suffering numerous release delays. It was first scheduled to be released on August 24th of last year, and the current release date is February 22nd of this year. The good news is that the DVD is 72 minutes long, so maybe all the delays were so they'd have sufficient time to make a longer episode.
Old 2006-03-02, 16:04   Link #20
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Any word on a group subbing the episode 13 OVA? It finally came out for real on Feb 22nd, but I haven't even seen a raw. >.>