AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-04-30, 07:38   Link #11121
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raihen View Post
True, but they (Laxus and Cobra) still use dragon slayer magic more or less.
Question is, does Cobra use a lacrima like Laxus does? It's been such a long time I can't remember if he did or not. Personally I suspect that Kinana has something to do with his abilities.

It's worthy to note that dragon slayer magic has less to do with how they learned their magic, but rather how it's used. That is, they are able to consume the same type of magical element they use (which means they have a basic immunity to that magic unless its source is a God-Slayer equivalent), and use dragon-themed attacks (namely the iconic Dragon Roars).

Quote:
Interesting thing is .... The gate in future didn't actually open. So the Future Lucy world was destroyed by Acnologia and co. Also i don't understand Future rogue plan - he plans to kill Acnologia with only 7 dragons ? Also if what Rogue is saying it's true - ALL dragons are dead except Acnologia, as i thought. Of course if there wasn't translation mistake.
Well, Rogue did originally plan to have more dragons. I think he's just caught up in his own arrogant folly that a mere 7 dragons could defeat Acnologia.
Old 2013-04-30, 07:49   Link #11122
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Question is, does Cobra use a lacrima like Laxus does? It's been such a long time I can't remember if he did or not. Personally I suspect that Kinana has something to do with his abilities
Yes, he uses a lacrima. In fact, I remember he was the one who introduced the concept of "new generation" dragon-slayers saying that the old ones were inferior to the new ones.

I still expect another type of explanation from Rogue's sudden change of personality (Fro's death or whatever) because I don't buy the "lol I want to conquer the world" excuse.

That the dragons allowed themselves to be killed by Rogue and Sting wasn't a surprise, especially after the match against Natsu.
Old 2013-04-30, 07:58   Link #11123
G147

Quote:

Interesting thing is .... The gate in future didn't actually open. So the Future Lucy world was destroyed by Acnologia and co. Also i don't understand Future rogue plan - he plans to kill Acnologia with only 7 dragons ? Also if what Rogue is saying it's true - ALL dragons are dead except Acnologia, as i thought. Of course if there wasn't translation mistake.
Ah if i'm not mistaken, Igneel, Metalicana and Grandine are still alive.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 08:07   Link #11124
chidorimen

Gotta admit I didn't see the Cobra thing coming. Bravo, Mashima, bravo.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 08:13   Link #11125
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I think all dragons are still alive and hiding in their own nest (waiting for certain time.. I think to take down Acnologia)

well.... when 3 dragon slayers fought in Edolas' arc, I think it's bad ass!!

now! we have 7 dragon slayers!!!!! give more epic battles please!!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 08:21   Link #11126
II Maestro

7 Dragon Slayers vs 7 Dragons! Wonder how the fight will turn out, Will it be a 1 on 1 against dragon slayer vs dragon or will the other mages support the dragon slayers.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:18   Link #11127
Krono

Quote:

No, I'm pretty sure that a horde of dragons did attack Future Lucy's timeline.

F. Rogue's timeline: Acnologia destroys the world, Rogue fails in his attempts to defeat him, travels back in time to when Eclipse was powerful enough to reach back to when there were still dragons around in order to summon the dragons forward to fight Acnologia.

F. Lucy's timeline: Thousands of dragons pour through the gate, wreck things, shortly after, Lucy finds Eclipse, learns the layout of the castle basement to avoid Natsu's group being drained beforehand, then travels back in time starting a butterfly effect.

Current timeline: Future Lucy forewarns Jellal, giving him time to thing about things and realize that the other time traveler might not be on the up and up. As such he requests that the Rune Knights fetch Cobra to counter the dragons. She leads Natsu and company away from Eclipse while it's still in magic draining mode, leaving Natsu able to fight, and Lucy able to close the gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I still expect another type of explanation from Rogue's sudden change of personality (Fro's death or whatever) because I don't buy the "lol I want to conquer the world" excuse.

That the dragons allowed themselves to be killed by Rogue and Sting wasn't a surprise, especially after the match against Natsu.
Personally, I've been kind of expecting Future Rogue to have mercy killed Gajeel and Sting, and that combined with losing Frosch is what drove him nuts.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 09:31   Link #11128
chidorimen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post

F. Rogue's timeline: Acnologia destroys the world, Rogue fails in his attempts to defeat him, travels back in time to when Eclipse was powerful enough to reach back to when there were still dragons around in order to summon the dragons forward to fight Acnologia.

F. Lucy's timeline: Thousands of dragons pour through the gate, wreck things, shortly after, Lucy finds Eclipse, learns the layout of the castle basement to avoid Natsu's group being drained beforehand, then travels back in time starting a butterfly effect.

Current timeline: Future Lucy forewarns Jellal, giving him time to thing about things and realize that the other time traveler might not be on the up and up. As such he requests that the Rune Knights fetch Cobra to counter the dragons. She leads Natsu and company away from Eclipse while it's still in magic draining mode, leaving Natsu able to fight, and Lucy able to close the gate.

Personally, I've been kind of expecting Future Rogue to have mercy killed Gajeel and Sting, and that combined with losing Frosch is what drove him nuts.
Actually I think Future Rogue and Future Lucy come from the same timeline, just at different points. I don't think it was said that in Future Lucy's timeline the dragons came through the gates.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 10:19   Link #11129
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Ah if i'm not mistaken, Igneel, Metalicana and Grandine are still alive.
It was shown, however i am not sure it that was not just a "past events". Can't be certain of anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post

Indeed that actually make a sense - Future Rogue came 1 day earlier than Future Lucy, which means by coming there he changed the future to FLucy's one and when FLucy came she changed it to the one that will happen now - only 7 dragons, which will be defeated.
Raihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 11:26   Link #11130
G147

I don't think there is any different timeline, remember what future Lucy said, they were recaptured and placed to jail again so during that time, Acnologia might appear and killed all the mages. Well that's just speculation too seeing Lucy and Rogue experiencing the same thing.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:33   Link #11131
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I think Acnologia won't be boss in this arc. I have feeling that this arc may produce more question than answers, they will kill/beat dragons and then rogue, then the dragons will flee somewhere when Dragon manipulation magic go off.
Just as planned, this week chapter proves me right .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 13:05   Link #11132
Casshern

Awesome chapter. I just hope that Zirconis will survive and be free from Rogue, because he's the funniest character since the start of FT.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 13:29   Link #11133
Xion Valkyrie

You know, there really doesn't actually need to be 1 dragon slayer for 1 dragon. It's not like they have specific elements they need to be matched up against. It'd be more efficient for them to all gang up on a dragon one at a time while the other mages hold off the other dragons.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 13:57   Link #11134
Ushio the Omega

So next 7-14 chapters one on one till the Dragons are defeated see you in 8 weeks till after the boring fights finish.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 17:29   Link #11135
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
I don't think there is any different timeline, remember what future Lucy said, they were recaptured and placed to jail again so during that time, Acnologia might appear and killed all the mages. Well that's just speculation too seeing Lucy and Rogue experiencing the same thing.
flucy explainned about the 10k dragons to natsu team at same time the princess talk about the 10k dragons, she definitly come from another timeline
Spoiler:
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 17:34   Link #11136
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*stares at the last page* ... Shuda... It's Shuda...! Can't believe it took me this long to see it... Does this mean that he's gonna get his 'buddy' back and ride on h....hnnnn....
Old 2013-04-30, 20:10   Link #11137
Diveman

I didn't see that one coming, good to see Cobra again I really want him to become a regular since he's a pretty cool character.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 21:01   Link #11138
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
flucy explainned about the 10k dragons to natsu team at same time the princess talk about the 10k dragons, she definitly come from another timeline
Spoiler:
Well since there are also other Dragons who survived, maybe after Acnologia took over, they came back out and attacked the humans. Either way since Future Lucy didn't exactly knew detail of what truly happened, hell she didn't even knew how many days (might be even months or years) have pass since the Dragon attack when she came back to the past.
Old 2013-04-30, 21:06   Link #11139
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

I keep forgetting Wendy is a Dragon Slayer too You can do it kid!

Then there's Sting and Rogue's confession. I got to admit that made them feel more like jerks for me than otherwise
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 21:22   Link #11140
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Well since there are also other Dragons who survived, maybe after Acnologia took over, they came back out and attacked the humans. Either way since Future Lucy didn't exactly knew detail of what truly happened, hell she didn't even knew how many days (might be even months or years) have pass since the Dragon attack when she came back to the past.
she was like unconscious , she is a human, humans can't survive without water or food for "years" or "weeks" unconscious wwithout any one took care of her and she said who she awake alone in the ruins this means no one helping her this means who she can't be unconsciencious for "years", but she was aware who was a herd of dragons who destroyed everything.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen