AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 00:09   Link #3081
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Naw, Steve Smith made up for it when Harper clocked him three yards into the endzone.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 00:14   Link #3082
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Naw, Steve Smith made up for it when Harper clocked him three yards into the endzone.
Nah son, Steve Smith play happened before Ingram play IIRC (WTF Jenkins didn't even hit him )...You know that $hit by Mark was funny though...

People think Ingram is this super clean cut kid...Ingram is a dawg out there...He's best friends with my cuz who used to play at bama, and when he's been dying to break out since he's not under Saban no more...More endzone hijinks are to come...
Old 2011-10-10, 00:21   Link #3083
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Yeah, I just looked it up, it was afterwards. Honestly, I didn't see the Ingram celebration but I caught the flag, I was wondering what he did.

Just watched it, it wasn't that bad.

Lol, Jenkins was the sacrificial lamb for Smitty, I think Smith thought it was him that hit late, though. Smith threw him on the ground by the facemask and didn't get flagged for it.

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-10-10 at 00:34.
Old 2011-10-10, 00:37   Link #3084
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Yeah, I just looked it up, it was afterwards. Honestly, I didn't see the Ingram celebration but I caught the flag, I was wondering what he did.
Screw that^^...I know I'm going overboard here but I must explain why the Ingram celebration was so incredibly funny for those who may have missed it...It's so layered xD...

Mark Ingram scores like a 2 yd TD run an as he pops up from his run he flips the ball in the air...Now he accidentally bumps into Panthers' CB Chris Gamble, but unfazed he begins to do this Roll-Tide kinda dance where he rolls his hands then grooves his arms side to side...He does this to both the left side and the right side (Electric-style mind you)...

When he finishes doing it to the right side he finally realizes that Chris Gamble is upset with him for bumping in to him when he popped up...In lieu of witnessing Gamble's pi$$ed off face...Mark pauses the dance for a second and proceeds to do it again to the otherside xD...When Gamble sees this he gets IRATE and makes a gesture as if he going to punch Ingram (yet Mark just finishes his dance^^)...

Now what makes this go from routine funny to funny as a b!tch , is that when they show the reverse angle, Saints TE Jimmy Graham is coming up behind Ingram as he begins the dance...Wanting to be apart of the celebration, in the span of about 2 seconds, he goes through a mental inventory trying to figure out what dance Ingram is doing so that he can blend in with it, BUT HE CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT xD, so he half-a$$ly does about 3 different quick dances...One being a bunny-hop and the other being a "so fresh and so clean" hands over helmets thing, and then just some side to side bull$hit^^...

All of this to the backdrop of Gamble getting irate at what just happened...It's literally one of the funniest endzone things I've seen in quite some time...I hope to god somebody youtubed it...
Old 2011-10-10, 00:38   Link #3085
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
You haven't looked up the score to the Bucs-Niners game yet, have you?
I did. Talked about it with other people. Either the 49ers had Tampa's playbook and/or Harbaugh is Coach of the Year.

I can't see Atlanta winning enough games the way they are playing this year. They had a LOT of injuries to key defenders during this game. Turner, Gonzalez and White are in decent form but Matt Ryan is not making good choices. He was terrible versus Chicago and he wasn't much better versus Green Bay. Rodgers had a ridiculous amount of 3rd and long plays converted into 1st downs. They're 2-3 already when they were 13-3 last year.

NFC - Green Bay, Detroit, Washington, New Orleans, San Francisco. Those 5 look fairly solid for playoffs. Giants, Bears and Bucs are still in the running along with Atlanta. It is early but I am convinced Atlanta won't make the playoffs.
Old 2011-10-10, 02:41   Link #3086
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I did. Talked about it with other people. Either the 49ers had Tampa's playbook and/or Harbaugh is Coach of the Year.

I can't see Atlanta winning enough games the way they are playing this year. They had a LOT of injuries to key defenders during this game. Turner, Gonzalez and White are in decent form but Matt Ryan is not making good choices. He was terrible versus Chicago and he wasn't much better versus Green Bay. Rodgers had a ridiculous amount of 3rd and long plays converted into 1st downs. They're 2-3 already when they were 13-3 last year.

NFC - Green Bay, Detroit, Washington, New Orleans, San Francisco. Those 5 look fairly solid for playoffs. Giants, Bears and Bucs are still in the running along with Atlanta. It is early but I am convinced Atlanta won't make the playoffs.
As someone who saw the game, I can say that what killed the Bucs were those two interceptions early on, and at the half all the talking heads were assuming Tampa Bay was going to make some kind of comeback. Then the 49ers scored again and again til they had that 45 point lead. I actually thought they should've gone for it on the last drive just because.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 03:29   Link #3087
Samari
World's Greatest

My 49ers are playing ridiculous right now. I couldn't be happier with this kind of a start. Alex is playing well, but he's still not that megastar we all thought he would be. He's averaging under 200 yards a game, which isn't a terrible omen or anything, but at the same time it would be nice to get back the feeling of having a dependable quarterback that can carry the team on his back when he has too. That Philadelphia game is the closest example, but at the same time, they really did more to lose the game than us winning it. At least in my opinion anyways. I don't think Alex will ever be that megastar, but maybe he'll eventually be a very good quarterback like Steve McNair or Mark Brunell was. Right now he's playing like Brad Johnson or Jon Kitna's best seasons.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 07:33   Link #3088
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I can only hope Dallas puts some good work in for this bye week -_-
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 15:02   Link #3089
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I hope not. Considering that Tony Dungy still believes the Eagles can come away with the division despite this disastrous start, so long as it means the other three teams imploding.
Old 2011-10-10, 16:59   Link #3090
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Look we've seen San Diego do this 3 outta the last 4 years...No one is running away in the NFC East...9-7 will probably guarantee a playoff spot based on the attrition of that division...Philly is in trouble like a mofo, but a mofo might get lucky in that division if they can string a few wins together...They got the talent to atleast outscore people, cuz no one is playing Defense...95% of the league not named the Ravens that is...
Old 2011-10-10, 23:47   Link #3091
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

And the Lions win AGAIN.

As a Green Bay fan, I'm not happy. =/
Old 2011-10-10, 23:56   Link #3092
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
And the Lions win AGAIN.

As a Green Bay fan, I'm not happy. =/
The Lions have sucked for like 20 years...They have had a top 5 pick like every draft for over a decade it seems...Just through the sheer principles of mathematics they had to finally breakthrough...Damn near every big play from them comes from a top draft pick...I mean it was bound to happen...

In other news 2 + 2 = 4...

THAT'S what I would say in the Bears pressroom^^...
Old 2011-10-11, 00:08   Link #3093
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

The Bears Superfans are not amused
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 04:21   Link #3094
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

What do the Bears expect?! Their defense is practically non-existent now aside from Urlacher. Their offensive line does squat to protect Cutler. Forte has to conjure up good numbers on his own. And freaking Johnny Knox bounces back and forth between dropping sitters and doing the impossible. At the very least, protect Cutler, or he mind end up spending an offseason in casts and bandages the way he's getting smashed this year.

Detroit seem to be doing the basics right and going from there. Stafford doesnt seem to throw that much - not that he has to when Best goes berserk on the run or Johnson can be dialled up when needed for big yardage. Their defense was big on critical plays.

I so hope Carolina can beat Atlanta next week. Within a TD of Green Bay and a field goal of New Orleans - they don't deserve to be 1-4. Kansas City being 2-3 while Carolina are 1-4 is criminal.

On a final note - either Indy wants Luck bad or they are jinxed. Lossing Addai just ripped out one of their best options on offense. But with Indy, Miami and St. Louis all winless, you'd think one of those three is getting Luck. Not sure St. Louis would take him though - they need people to throw to more since they already have a decent QB. Miami is just...WTF...why the hell would Reggie Bush go there? Money couldn't soften the blow of being beaten that much. Henne is a bit improved but not the solution. And Indy, well - good runs can't last forever and neither can Manning. To go without major injury for as long as he did was very fortunate for them but they had to luck out eventually. Still, Polian should be held accountable. It's already been discussed here that other top sides have decent starting QBs. Painter is getting better but he's not the hurry-up no-huddle offense Manning made Indy feared for.
Old 2011-10-11, 16:04   Link #3095
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Is it too late to jump on the Lion's bandwagon? We got a few glimpses over the last two seasons that they were going to start swinging upwards from mediocrity, but I think where they're at now is beyond even the most optimistic expectations. I'm certainly rooting for them over the Packers for the NFC North, but that's just because how can you not root for Detroit, with their uber-pathetic history.

I predict Indy gets Luck. I just don't see them winning any games this season (maybe vs Jacksonville, and since they play them twice, there's an outside chance they get two wins and somehow loose out on Luck). Plus, it's entirely possible Manning doesn't fully recover from his injury/surgery.

Denver starting Tebow. LoL. Not to take away from Tebow's college achievements (though I think Vince Young was a far superior version at the college level, who got far less adoration), but this is the NFL, and I just don't see him being a successful NFL QB, no matter how much he "wants to win". That said, it's not like Denver has many options. Orton would make a fantastic backup QB on a top-tier team, but he's not a super-star that can really lead a crappy team. We all know Quinn doesn't even belong in the NFL as a backup. So, play Tebow to make some fans happy, and look to the draft/off-season to get a QB I guess is what Denver is shooting for here.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 16:28   Link #3096
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Not sure St. Louis would take him though - they need people to throw to more since they already have a decent QB.
Luck may be the most hyped and heralded QB prospect since Peyton Manning, but it would be the straight up dumb for the Rams to draft Luck if they are number one (which I doubt will happen, they play in the NFC West). Bradford showed last year that he is capable of success. The Rams is probably in the Alshon Jeffery sweepstakes. Or Justin Blackmon.

I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Luck. I'm not bitter anymore, since I'm fully behind Cam now, but he going to come into the league with such heavy expectations on his shoulders, it's not even funny. When it came to Cam Newton, there were plenty of talking heads (*cough*Todd McShay*cough*) and fans that thought that Cam would fail immediately. Hell, on the Carolina Panthers forum that I frequent, the boards crashed due to the epic flame war that erupted between Pro-Cam fans and Anti-Cam fans when the Panthers drafted Newton. It gave him motivation.

Luck, on the other hand, has Ryan Leaf-type hype almost. I'm not saying that he is going to be Ryan Leaf, no way, he is has much better attitude, but yeah. Indy is a stable location for him to go to, and it's a nice city on top of that, he should hope that is his destination.

Also, with all the hoopla about Luck, everyone is forgetting that there are two other great QB prospects likely to enter the Draft next year: Matt Barkley and Landry Jones. And some other sleepers as well.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012QB.php

Robert Griffin III is shooting up draft boards now.

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-10-11 at 16:39.
Old 2011-10-11, 17:13   Link #3097
GDB

Quote:
I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Luck. I'm not bitter anymore, since I'm fully behind Cam now, but he going to come into the league with such heavy expectations on his shoulders, it's not even funny.
That's why his best bet is to land in Indy. He can sit behind Peyton for a while and let the media talk die down, or at least simmer down, while also being properly coached/being able to observe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 18:25   Link #3098
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I know, I said that Indy was the most stable place he could go, but with Indy being competitive the last three weeks I think they can pull some upsets here or there.

Also, I think that if a team who is set at QB for the future is at no. 1 (St. Louis, Minnesota, Jacksonville) for the 2012 NFL Draft, that team could hold that pick hostage for a lop-sided trade.
Old 2011-10-11, 18:38   Link #3099
GDB

Easily. Though if it's Minnesota, they may want to test Ponder before trading away the Luck pick. Would be horrible for them if they had it, traded it thinking Ponder would be amazing, and then he's just ho-hum.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 19:21   Link #3100
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I really, really doubt that Ponder is kicked out so quickly. If Minnesota's front office is worth a damn, that is.

1.) It's telling how crappy a GM is if they are willing to bail on a player they drafted high just a season before for a position well known to require a few years to gel. Ponder at this point hasn't been mentioned to start in place of McNabb despite a 1-4 start, which means that they are content with letting him sit and learn.

2.) Frasier had honed in on Ponder like two months before the Draft, he really likes him, so I doubt he is going to be so fast to pull the trigger on a media hype machine.

Tags
american football, sports