AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-08, 11:10   Link #1
AnimeDaiSuki

Question Narutaru Episodes

Hi...

I started watching Narutaru a while back...finished watching the 13th episode and have for the last month or so been waiting imatiently for the 14th episode which never seems to come...
Now my question will obviously be if anybody out there knows if they have even started producing a second season (I presume that the 13 episodes that I watched are the first season)? If so...will there be any translated episodes for Narutaru on AnimeSuki any time soon???
Old 2003-11-08, 11:27   Link #2
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeDaiSuki
Hi...

I started watching Narutaru a while back...finished watching the 13th episode and have for the last month or so been waiting imatiently for the 14th episode which never seems to come...
Now my question will obviously be if anybody out there knows if they have even started producing a second season (I presume that the 13 episodes that I watched are the first season)? If so...will there be any translated episodes for Narutaru on AnimeSuki any time soon???
Sadly the Narutaru anime was only ever conceived to cover 13 Episodes . This is approximately half of the the original manga storyline, which runs to 12 Volumes in total.
Therefore there is enough material for a second season, but as far as I'm aware the original series wasn't all that popular in Japan so we may not see the rest of the story in an animated form.

However if you did enjoy the show you could try reading the manga version entitled "Shadowstar" (in English) and published by Dark Horse comics. It has nearly caught up with the Anime version and should break into new territory fairly soon.
It also has a different and better (IMHO) opening few chapters and goes into more depth when dealing with the characters.

I've opened this thread to discuss any aspect of the manga:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=491

Old 2003-11-11, 16:08   Link #3
AnimeDaiSuki

Exclamation

Thx for the info Tsurumaru...sad to hear that there will most probably not be a second season of the anime, but I will certainly try and get my hands on the manga ^_^
Old 2003-11-13, 17:56   Link #4
jennwenn

Do the Narutaru DVD's contain any extra scenes?
Old 2003-11-14, 18:12   Link #5
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Do the Narutaru DVD's contain any extra scenes?
I'm waiting to find this out too, Have asked "The Triad" in the other Narutaru Anime thread as they might have some of the DVD's.....
Old 2003-11-15, 01:08   Link #6
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

DVD episode 1 had no new scenes. I don't know whether or not they'll add new scenes to the other eps, but I personally don't think they will.
Old 2003-11-15, 02:52   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey, look at the bright side. At least it was good enough that they are selling it as DVD's. That's a plus.
Old 2003-11-15, 06:06   Link #8
Kotonoha
Alone in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Hey, look at the bright side. At least it was good enough that they are selling it as DVD's. That's a plus.
This is a joke, right? DVDs are the main reason why such anime are produced in the first place.
Old 2003-11-15, 09:57   Link #9
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotonoha
This is a joke, right? DVDs are the main reason why such anime are produced in the first place.
DVDs also exist in Japan which are normally referred to as Region 2 (R2) dvds which are all Japanese, and high quality. That's what we're using. Obviously no one in their right minds would use American ones or something of the sort.
Old 2003-11-15, 11:39   Link #10
Kotonoha
Alone in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
DVDs also exist in Japan which are normally referred to as Region 2 (R2) dvds which are all Japanese, and high quality. That's what we're using. Obviously no one in their right minds would use American ones or something of the sort.
Dragosmore, I don't think we're ignore of that fact.
What I meant is that shows like "Narutaru" are produced with dvd sales as the main income in mind, so of course the Japanese producers will put out DVDs. That has nothing to do with the quality of the show itself.
Old 2003-11-15, 13:46   Link #11
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotonoha
What I'm refering to is, IF the anime was bad enough, I'm sure the producers wouldn't have even bothered to make the DVD's even if that was the intended end result. If the anime was haded bad enough it would be pointless to make DVD's that would never sell. I agree that anime's are produced to sell DVD's, but in the end, even hollywood isnt dumb enough to try to produce a DVD of a flick that sucks. So why should it be any different in japan with bad anime?

So narutaru making it to DVD is the sign that it at least did decent.
Old 2003-11-15, 14:06   Link #12
marin

I dunno, no one puts a show on at midnight expecting great ratings, you know?

Late night airings are basically free advertisements for the DVDs, which they make money selling at 2~ eps to a disc.

And also hopefully increasing sales for the manga as well.

I don't think NaruTaru has much merchandising to sell, so, yeah, DVD and manga revenue would be about it.
Old 2003-11-15, 18:10   Link #13
Kotonoha
Alone in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin
I dunno, no one puts a show on at midnight expecting great ratings, you know?
Plus, "Kids Station" is a pay tv channel. There isn't anything like ratings on a pay tv channel.

Anyway, the sale date for the first Narutaru DVD had been determined and announced even before the show went on air, which is a clear sign that quality or "ratings" have nothing to do with that.
Old 2003-11-23, 11:07   Link #14
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Ok i just watched the first episode and was wondering what makes you guys like this series so much? I heard that it is very emotional and deep like Gunslinger Girl. From what i have seen with the first ep, it seems nothing like that and seems to be a children's show perhaps. Please i am in need of some insite on this show so i know wether or not to keep watching it. I have all the eps downloaded but my time to watch anime is limited due to other shows i watch and work and FFX-2. Is it a worthy investment? Does it get much deeper than the first ep?
Old 2003-11-23, 11:20   Link #15
hhaamu
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Does it get much deeper than the first ep?
Yes! Yes! Yes!

You learned nothing from the series by watching the first episode. The first episode is totally different than the rest of the series. Go watch at least three and then you can decide if you should continue or not.

(actually, any browser is fine to me as long as it doesn't use IE's rendering engine...)
Generating the #animesuki stats since 2003
Old 2003-11-23, 11:34   Link #16
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
i have seen with the first ep, it seems nothing like that and seems to be a children's show perhaps.
Narutaru Manga.

Damn those kid's shows, I knew they were violent!

Actually, I had an hard time with the picture, since its a little spoiler from some episode I forgot, but the anime was subbed ages ago, so I will just post the pic as an [img] <|><|>;
Old 2003-11-23, 14:54   Link #17
Muraki
Dreamer

You shouldn't judge any anime by the first ep it seems carefree at first but then the plot twists and I'll shut up before I ramble on and spoil the entire series
Old 2003-11-23, 19:59   Link #18
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Thanks everyone i was just wondering. I know you never judge by the 1st ep. It just seemed so different from what i thought it was going to be. Ok i will make sure to watch the series.
Old 2003-11-23, 21:30   Link #19
marin

Go watch the first ep of Evangelion then watch The End of Evangelion and note the contrast...

That's kinda like what you would get if you put the first and last episode of NaruTaru back to back...
Old 2003-11-23, 21:48   Link #20
Lambda

Oh I don't know, the first episode of Evangelion has that father-son relationship already abundantly clear, it has the idea of sending someone who's sick to the extent of being on a drip into combat . . .

Narutaru has a near-drowning. And the tone of the end titles. And some clues in the opening titles. Actually, Narutaru has plenty of clues in its first episode as to its nature, they're just usually drowned out by the generally upbeat and inoffensive ambience.

Actually, I was rewatching it recently, and there was something that I particularly started to notice. Anyone noticed how there are so many shots in which the colour of the irises of people's (or Hoshimaru's) eyes gradually darken?
Closed Thread

Tags
sci-fi