AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-24, 23:06   Link #2501
Samiia

FINALLY!

Dix-Neuf translates to nineteen in French. I get the name-by-numbers thing but that's still a little strange LOL

Love that Duo and Hilde are married,own an orphanage, and apparently adopted a kid. Love even more that Duo bounty hunts and GAMBLES to support it...so priestly XD

Epyon II, hmm?...
: still holding out hope the Relena pilots a gundam, which probably isn't going to happen
-____- :
Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 23:12   Link #2502
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiia View Post
Dix-Neuf translates to nineteen in French. I get the name-by-numbers thing but that's still a little strange LOL
Ahhh, now it makes sense... XD And yeah, seriously. These number-names don't even sound like names anymore >___>;

Okay so let me get this straight so far:
1. Relena is now President of the Mars Federation, replacing Noin's brother.

2. The Lanigreen Republic, a SECTION of the Mars colony, is declaring independence from the larger Mars Federation government, and is being led by "Zechs Merquise" (whom, it would seem now, is the REAL Zechs/Milliardo... Or is he?? Miyuki's translation makes me second-guess this...) And real!Zechs is as young as he used to be, like Heero and Relena?

3. The ESUN/Preventer wants Relena dead, but it seems they're ALSO Zechs'/Lanigreen Republic's enemy?

Sooo.... it's everyone vs everyone, now??? v9_6v

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-02-25 at 00:11.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 00:13   Link #2503
jakeslogan

Lol, Why did the author messed things up in the beginning. With everything messed up plus Heero memories messed up, wonder if he can keep his mental stable.
jakeslogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 00:17   Link #2504
Samiia

Sumisawa didn't even try to doctor the name up, it's a direct translation lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post

2. The Lanigreen Republic, a SECTION of the Mars colony, is declaring independence from the Mars Federation government, being led by Zechs Merquise (whom, it would seem now, is the REAL Zechs/Milliardo... Or is he?? Miyuki's translation makes me second-guess this...)

I remember Deacon posting a quote somewhere along the lines of Relena delcaring war on Zech's or the other way around, if this is partly what you're referring to. Naina is in the care of Hilde and Duo...so is it safe to assume that Preventor is siding with Zech's? Especially since the orphanage is in Zech's territory...

And I'm hoping that is the REAL Zech's because...well my mind is already muddled. If there's another doppelganger, I will implode.

Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 11:33   Link #2505
Kitsoru

Hey Deacon, quick favor.. What's the kana for Odin Lowe?

Nevermind, I got it. アディン (Odin/A-de-i-nn) For anyone else that's wondering...
What a strange transliteration in the Japanese, considering I'm fairly certain that the Russian 'odin' that his comes from (for 'one', and also an actual Slavic/Russian name, written Один either way) is pronounced the same as the Norse god O_o

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-02-25 at 17:41.
Old 2011-02-25, 22:51   Link #2506
jakeslogan

Teardrop is released today rite?
Old 2011-02-26, 02:37   Link #2507
Kitsoru

This Sunday, I believe.
Old 2011-02-26, 06:47   Link #2508
wingzerosnuggles

Ganota's summary:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/ganota/20110226
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 10:03   Link #2509
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Aw timeline hijinx! Ganota speculates that it's possible the MC timeline could have started before AC195. :/ I'll come back once I've ate to update information.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 10:27   Link #2510
wingzerosnuggles

Many thanks, Deacon.

Sumisawa + Bad Math = OTP 4ever

And considering he named so many characters after numbers...yeesh.
Old 2011-02-26, 11:03   Link #2511
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

LOL He's the priest, the big bad priest, the bounty hunter!
Joking aside, I'm not sure if I like Sumizawa's writing style... What's the point of telling us 'Milliardo' is killed only to reveal next chapter that it's someone completely different? And random. On that note, ew, here we go with the incest again. If he likes suspense and cliffhangers and revelations and stuff, well, it would've been enough for me to have the dude's real name. Speculating who Dix-Neuf is would've been more interesting and less confusing than finding out why the heck there are two Milliardos. And the shyamalaning doesn't stop there. So Duo Jr. isn't Duo Jr. and Relena isn't all that evil..? Okay.
It was funny in the beginning when Heero was supposedly called the Aurora Princess. Right now it's getting annoying. >_>
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 11:27   Link #2512
wingzerosnuggles

He's pulling cliffhangers out of his bong.
Old 2011-02-26, 13:28   Link #2513
Kitsoru

Completely agreed, Ikuze. He is making it as hard as he possibly can to write summaries and update wiki information. 8T I don't even know what's real anymore!

And ... @ Ganota's info... just /)_-

EDIT: Another summary for you when you have the time, Deacon, this one is courtesy of REI:

http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2312347.html

It seems that later, she will post to describe the CD.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-02-26 at 14:08.
Old 2011-02-26, 18:32   Link #2514
A-Crux
Áλφα-Crux///Alpha-Crux

Oh God! in this moment I would prefer FT to be a manga rather a novel! Is just so confusing knowing who is really who...but I guess by this way keep the mistery :P
Anyway, Noin's brother was Mars President mmm...I hope that aging phenomen can be explain, because it's just wtf, but it would explain why Catherine look so cool, Trowa's grey hair and Quatre youth look
A-Crux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 04:07   Link #2515
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Joking aside, I'm not sure if I like Sumizawa's writing style... What's the point of telling us 'Milliardo' is killed only to reveal next chapter that it's someone completely different? And random.
Not that I disagree but IIRC that chapter was in Trowa Phobos' point of view, a first-person perspective, so technically, Trowa wouldn't have known if he killed the real Zechs or not.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 07:47   Link #2516
wingzerosnuggles

Blog post on CD Drama:
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2316140.html

Gorgeous cover. *_* Love how Heero's capsule is in the background. xD
Old 2011-02-27, 10:04   Link #2517
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Not that I disagree but IIRC that chapter was in Trowa Phobos' point of view, a first-person perspective, so technically, Trowa wouldn't have known if he killed the real Zechs or not.
You're right, all he knows is that he killed President Milliardo. My problem is, why Milliardo? If it's Noin's bro Dix-Neuf why make the reader believe it was Zechs? Aside from confusing people it's not even making sense. Why would someone call himself by the name of a terrorist? Or why is a kid that is a carbon copy of someone not related to said person? I'm not sure I can trust Sumizawa to come up with a decent explanation for those. Really, I feel that he's going out of his way to have every new chapter contain some revelation that turns what you took for granted upside down. I guess it's his idea of keeping the reader on edge but in my book confusion does not equal entertainment. Heck, I'm pretty sure Kit groans every time a new chapter is released and she has to edit the wiki all over again. So yeah, sorry if I offend anyone but personally I think his writing style in FT is a bad choice so far, especially for a monthly release.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 10:26   Link #2518
wingzerosnuggles

He's a scriptwriter so I guess he's used to the episode to episode format. But it doesn't work too well with a novel...
Old 2011-02-27, 11:53   Link #2519
jakeslogan

We're WATCHING and we're WAITING................. for the SCANNING of the next Chapter. :P
Old 2011-02-27, 12:56   Link #2520
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Can't help but being curious on how is young Duo resemble his dad when he was actually adopted? Can't imagine how Father Maxwell looks like if he aged rapidly. Is he still hyperactive as when he was younger? Quaterine aside. What about Trowa Phobos? How does he able to resemble Trowa? If we are to have a mini-Wufei, wonder if he will look like Wufei? It is interesting to have Quaterine to have a romantic interest in Trowa Phobos. Bet 3X4 fans is "happy".

A lot of other questions about Relena and Heero. How are they put asleep? What is Heero's real name since he was taken care of by his mother before her death?

Can't wait to see more of this novel.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing