AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-23, 18:07   Link #21
Envys gurl 4 Ever
State Alchemist

Well there are people like that in the world... those that hate for no true reason to. It surprises me that Naruto still smiles and still wants to protect a village that... really doesn't GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HIM! I would try to get the hell away from that damn village and live as a wanderer simply traveling the unknown lands that aren't owned or ruled by some damn village -_-; I really don't get that kid... what the hell is going through that hollow mind of his? I really wonder...
Envys gurl 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 18:20   Link #22
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Stud
no believe me.. i wouldnt hate the kid. i know myself better than you know me.
but that's not the point is it? There are people in the village who don't hate naruto, infact other than the first few episodes, I haven't met anyone who hated naruto because of kyuubi, but rather because of the way he behaved.

Anyways, the reaction of the village is nothing to be surprised about. It is human nature to be weary of things you do not understand and it is portrayed just like anyone in that situation would. Are you saying you love every single person on this planet? There are a lot of people who hate GW bush, are they ignorant? It's just human nature, there's nothing ignorant about it
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 18:26   Link #23
London Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
but that's not the point is it? There are people in the village who don't hate naruto, infact other than the first few episodes, I haven't met anyone who hated naruto because of kyuubi, but rather because of the way he behaved.

Anyways, the reaction of the village is nothing to be surprised about. It is human nature to be weary of things you do not understand and it is portrayed just like anyone in that situation would. Are you saying you love every single person on this planet? There are a lot of people who hate GW bush, are they ignorant? It's just human nature, there's nothing ignorant about it
i am in no way whatsoever saying i love every single person on this planet, but i will i say that i dont hate every single person on this planet. - your example is going off on a different and a non-relevant tangent.
but there's a difference between being hated for what you've done (bush) and being hated for something u have had no control over. (naruto) the example you've given is way to incoherant and inconsistant.

fair enough he was always up2 mischief, but even when he failed the Academy exam he was singled out as the demon kid and was being made the focal point of hatred.
London Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 00:06   Link #24
A.L.

It may not be that ALL the villagers hated Naruto, but most of them did. For all we know, they hated him for something else. Perhaps they hate the fact that he is so unruly and had no parents as well as the fact that the Kyuubi is within him. The other villagers that gave in to them? Peer pressure.

Illegimate children and rape victims are treated as outcasts and people naturally segregate themselves from them. It's more of a "He's not like us, and I don't know how to respond." Several people could have been like that. Also, things could have been misinterpretted. Mizuki basically said that Naruto was the demon fox when he was really the host.

So, Naruto was already considered a bit of an outcast for his siutation with being different and all. The fact that basically a select few understood the sealing technique helped.

Lastly, people are influenced by their peer's views. Let's say you have suspicious feelings about Naruto for having some connection with the Kyuubi. You're not sure what. Then, you hear the rumor about him actually being the demon fox and notice that everyone is shunning him. I don't know about you, but I doubt many people would stand up for him in this case.
A.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 04:19   Link #25
PsiNide

You would think that they would have treated Naruto, a little like Garaa, and recognise Naruto to being hella powerful and actually give him special training, or some shiznatch... So that he could be used to defend the Leaf.

Although Jiraiya is doing that now, so theres no point complaing i guess.
PsiNide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 04:52   Link #26
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
And fear rouses hatred.
And anger leads to the dark side...

Like monir has stated, fear eventually results in hatred. I think Konoha didn't expect themselves to bear such hate against that poor child Naruto, as they do now. But it's only natural for Konoha to bear fear due to their ignorance of the various unknowns regarding Kyuubi and it's influence in Naruto and that fear eventually grows into a stronger, negative, emotion, hate.

So to answer the question, no, Konoha isn't really that ignorant at all, they're human.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 06:13   Link #27
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
you don't make any sense

if kyuubi was sealed in naruto, then it only makes sense that people would fear naruto.

If someone sealed Hitler in a baby would you not always be suspicious it?
I would Kill the Baby.
And I don't understand why they didn't kill Naruto once Kyuubi was sealed in him. It was the only way to be sure.

Except if killing the host frees the beast...
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 09:39   Link #28
Zimok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalman
I would Kill the Baby.
And I don't understand why they didn't kill Naruto once Kyuubi was sealed in him. It was the only way to be sure.

if they did that..... WE WOULD HAVE NO NARUTO TO WATCH!!
Zimok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 07:29   Link #29
London Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
So to answer the question, no, Konoha isn't really that ignorant at all, they're human.
Hating someone/something because you dont understand them/it follows the same principles as a racsist - who are in turn ignorant.

Being human doesnt suffice as an excuse to be ignorant. so in answer to the question YES, Konoha is ignorant.
London Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 15:27   Link #30
Inn3rchild
Child Forever

Send a message via ICQ to Inn3rchild Send a message via AIM to Inn3rchild Send a message via MSN to Inn3rchild Send a message via Yahoo to Inn3rchild
this is one of the messages Kishimoto puts into Naruto, that people fear Naruto, becuase they don't understand, its human, like how many people have said.
Inn3rchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 15:39   Link #31
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
And anger leads to the dark side...
Just like star wars.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 17:45   Link #32
dyslexic

The Japanese are very superstitious.

Also, most of the citizens aren't shinobi and therefore probably aren't that familiar with seals and all that. They just know that a monster killed a lot of people and messed up there town and now its inside of this annoying little brat. (Thats their opinion not mine)
dyslexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 19:21   Link #33
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
Quote:
I would Kill the Baby.
Maybe they thought killing him would rerelease Kyuubi. I don't know.
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 22:55   Link #34
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Stud
Hating someone/something because you dont understand them/it
Human nature. We all hate or fear things we don't understand, Konoha is 'being human' in the sense that they fear Kyuubi because they don't fully understand it or they don't fully understand it's sealing, thus they fear and as monir pointed out, fear leads to hatred. But I see what you mean, yeah, Konoha can be termed as ignorant from that standpoint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
Just like star wars.
That was the
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 11:28   Link #35
Wolfsbane68

Quote:
Would Americans accept if say, OBL's distant cousin was given american citizenship and lived among us after what happened on 9/11? Of course not. (many will not take in any afghanis at all)
Given the ties between the current US administration and the Saudis, who's to say it didn't already happen?
Wolfsbane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 12:13   Link #36
Redeem
Iron Spidey

IMO They don't hate Naruto because he has the kyubii, but because what Naruto represent... everytime the see Naruto they remenber a tragic day where they lost many ninjas and their precius 4th Hokage... Still I agreed that they are really ignorant, but that how human nature is... even us can act like that sometimes...

Like other people post... it's a little similar to 9/11... at the beginning many people were afraid of middle-east people but that was because they didn't understand at the first... it's not all about ignorance, but the sum of many issue, as fear, pain, shock, etc...

It's not ok... but that how human nature is.... so people who can understand the situation better (Usually because aren't affect directly) have to be more understandable
Redeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 12:20   Link #37
Redeem
Iron Spidey

Quote:
I would Kill the Baby.

Except if killing the host frees the beast...
The Kyubii is an immortal creature... if you kill the baby, you would only release the creature... beside, how would you kill a baby who doesn't have the fault of some crazy guy who pick him to be a vassel... what would you do if it's your brother the one that has the kyubii inside
(Sorry if it sound a little to dramatic, but if you think about it, makes a lot of sense)
Redeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 12:40   Link #38
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeem
The Kyubii is an immortal creature... if you kill the baby, you would only release the creature... beside, how would you kill a baby who doesn't have the fault of some crazy guy who pick him to be a vassel... what would you do if it's your brother the one that has the kyubii inside
(Sorry if it sound a little to dramatic, but if you think about it, makes a lot of sense)
Twice we have seen the kyuubi in distress(not exactly distress..but knowing that this could be the end of him), I will illustrate the nearest time which was the the fight vs kabuto and tsunade resusitated naruto(after using rasengan), the kyuubi said things were getting darker and he(kyuubi) was looking like this was the end.(which shows that inside naruto the kyuubi is mortal).

Also there was a discussion between naruto and kyuubi another time where he said that it would be the end of the kyuubi and naruto if he did not give naruto some of his power.

Finally, extra mention to the fact that if the kyuubi is unsealed then he can roam free/escape, if you remember jiriya during the training of naruto talking about the number system on the seal which he unsealed half of them so that his chakra can flow easily, then the other locks *theoretically* can be un-done which means that the kyuubi could get released.

During the zabusa fight kakashi was worried if naruto's seal broke, but sensed what happend was a good thing...which could indicate that the kyuubi could break out under extreme circumstances. (or maybe he was not sure of the extent of the protection of the seal holding the kyuubi).
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote