AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-30, 18:26   Link #61
Westlo
Lets be reality

Diamond Crevesse/Don't Be Late cd single May 8th.. but it's also the last track on this ost...

http://gabrielarobin.com/220/macross...klist#more-220

Aimo
Spoiler:

That's why i went oh snap!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 20:16   Link #62
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The full version of Diamond Crevesse and Don't Be Late is pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Diamond Crevesse/Don't Be Late cd single May 8th.. but it's also the last track on this ost...

http://gabrielarobin.com/220/macross...klist#more-220

Aimo
Spoiler:

That's why i went oh snap!
Yup, the translation for that is exactly what you think it is, directly from Zero.

prays the story won't pull a Zero-wreck if it ever goes into that.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 23:20   Link #63
Light Yagami

Thanks for the update!
Can't wait to hear the Macross F OST!

Goodbye (^^)v
Light Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 23:21   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh full versions leaked... need to track them down asap... and yeah I'm hoping it doesn't pull a Zero.. iirc most people was feeling pretty positive about Zero after the first two episodes...
Old 2008-05-01, 01:08   Link #65
Westlo
Lets be reality

Don't Be Late full version is pretty damn awesome, this will easily overtake Triangler on my shuffle. Still insist this should've been the OP theme but I can understand why it wasn't due to the 3 month wait. Oh and this as well

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-rises-to-no.3

Quote:
Maaya Sakamoto's "Triangler" opening theme song for the Macross Frontier anime series rose to #3 on Oricon's sales chart for all Japanese singles last week. It was the first time that one of Sakamoto's songs has reached the top three on the weekly singles chart. The single, which was composed and arranged by Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Macross Plus), sold 31,270 copies so far. It actually reached #2 on the daily singles chart on both April 25 and April 26. Sakamoto had previously sang themes for Escaflowne, Card Captor Sakura, Wolf's Rain, and several other anime titles.
Will be interesting to see how the Sheryl and Ranka cd singles compare to this in sales.
Old 2008-05-01, 02:38   Link #66
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Yup, the translation for that is exactly what you think it is, directly from Zero.
oh thanks for that, guess my translation skillz still needs some work (as always)

Quote:
Don't Be Late full version is pretty damn awesome, this will easily overtake Triangler on my shuffle. Still insist this should've been the OP theme but I can understand why it wasn't due to the 3 month wait. Oh and this as well

yeah, gotta love youtube.

dammn how they get these early, but im not one to complain about gifts from tyhe Anime Goddess.

Old 2008-05-01, 15:30   Link #67
Light Yagami

Quote:
Oh full versions leaked... need to track them down asap... and yeah I'm hoping it doesn't pull a Zero.. iirc most people was feeling pretty positive about Zero after the first two episodes...
I've just donwloaded the full versions from Don't be late & Diamond Crevasse.
I just have to say that I love both song. Specially Don't be late! (I like the strong May'n vocals). I hope to hear more of her music.

Goodbye (^^)v
Light Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 17:18   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ranka's single is unnamed so far.. good chance of it being the 2nd OP i guess.

http://gabrielarobin.com/221/ranka-l...-single-tracks
Old 2008-05-03, 20:58   Link #69
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

What about my STAAAAAAAAaaaAAAaaaAAAAAAAaaarrrr!

dammit. this sung stuck in my head! >_<

Sheryl Version.

Old 2008-05-04, 03:44   Link #70
krln99

Ranka's version easily outshines Cheryl's. I always wondered what if Macross had two idols. I guess we'll finally see what happens.
krln99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 04:22   Link #71
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

The difference is so marked that I'm actually wondering if the Sheryl version is deliberately mis-produced in order to make Ranka sound even better than she is. I mean really, the Sheryl version is just kind of a mess, and Mayn can sing better than that (see: Long Long Goodbye), whereas the Ranka version is a bit blandly pop, but it's still properly produced and the fact that she can sing helps a good deal.
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 08:46   Link #72
krln99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
The difference is so marked that I'm actually wondering if the Sheryl version is deliberately mis-produced in order to make Ranka sound even better than she is. I mean really, the Sheryl version is just kind of a mess, and Mayn can sing better than that (see: Long Long Goodbye), whereas the Ranka version is a bit blandly pop, but it's still properly produced and the fact that she can sing helps a good deal.
No, it just seems like the Cheryl version is in the Yoko Kanno "Macross Plus" vein of songs. It sounded like a Sharon Apple song. Ranka's, on the other hand, was more Macross 7 Fire Bomber!
Old 2008-05-04, 09:31   Link #73
Westlo
Lets be reality

The Ranka version is better but mainly because of the live vibe to it with the different instruments and the crowd clapping just added to that greatly. Switch the vocalists (they would obviously sing differently with the situations reversed) and I doubt it would change my opinion in that the Formo version is better. Ranka version is like a 5/5 while Sheryl is a 4/5 just off what I've heard in the anime.. who knows the full vesions from the OST might make me like the Sheryl version better. I really dig the Sharon Apple type vibe in that song..
Old 2008-05-04, 09:45   Link #74
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

I can't stop to listen the music "Don't be late" Hehe a good Music video.

Old 2008-05-04, 10:09   Link #75
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I consider Ranka and Sheryl to be both unique. They have their own styles and I like both.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 15:50   Link #76
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
No, it just seems like the Cheryl version is in the Yoko Kanno "Macross Plus" vein of songs. It sounded like a Sharon Apple song. Ranka's, on the other hand, was more Macross 7 Fire Bomber!
that.....makes so much sense.

I'm also puzzled, if Sheryl has an Animu Spiritia we the viewer will see it, because everyone has animu spiritia, but only strong animu spiritia can be seen without amplification, unlike with normal people, where it will make it visible, but it won't have much affect.

I wonder if it depends on the type of song they sing?

Either way, i like them both. although Ranka version just ooze enthusiasm, while sheryl is so sultry.

it's good.

Old 2008-05-05, 09:01   Link #77
krln99

It will be interesting to see what kind of direction Ranka takes with her music when she turns pro (and all signs point to this as the next step). I wonder what her influences are. Obviously, Minmay is an influence, but I think Fire Bomber could be one, too, given Ozma's apparent penchant for the group (he played it in his car) and her Fire Bomber-tinged version of "What bout my Star."
Old 2008-05-05, 16:14   Link #78
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't think you can base her version of what bout my star in episode 5 as her future direction, all she did was sing, everything else was an impromptu performance by Deculture loving Zentradis. Aimo is the best thing to go off atm...
Old 2008-05-05, 17:13   Link #79
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
that.....makes so much sense.

I'm also puzzled, if Sheryl has an Animu Spiritia we the viewer will see it, because everyone has animu spiritia, but only strong animu spiritia can be seen without amplification, unlike with normal people, where it will make it visible, but it won't have much affect.

I wonder if it depends on the type of song they sing?

Either way, i like them both. although Ranka version just ooze enthusiasm, while sheryl is so sultry.

it's good.

In Macross 7 only Nekki Basara is the only one with the light and shockwave effects when facing a Protodevlin. Without equipment.

Song energy only became visually obvious because of the feedback equipment developed by Dr. Chiba which somehow exploits fold physics.

Which somehow explains how Emilia Jenius was heard far away from Macross 7.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 00:17   Link #80
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

While Sheryl follows more current music styles similar to Yoko Kanno's electronics style from MacPlus, almost all of Sheryl's songs so far has the similar beat.

I like both of them, however the more I listened to Ranka reminds me more of Mylene singing. Slow and soft while Sheryl is more similar to Emiriya and Basara, fast pace and louder singing.

Just the 1st 10 secs of the acoustic part of Don't be Late reminds me of Planet Dance from Fire Bomber.

Awesome music as always from Macross series.
vision33r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music