AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-01-03, 07:57   Link #1
TheWinterCold

Size of Anime...

Hey guys im just wondering if you know much of my miserable 8gb/Month download usage a 22 minute anime show uploaded onto veoh/vids.myspace etc... would use
thanks
TheWinterCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 08:27   Link #2
Shadow Kira01

Your question sounds strange. Shouldn't you be able to tell just by looking at the file? The size used is the same size as the file itself.

8GB a month only? How much are you paying...? I find 60GB a month as okay, as long as I don't play online flash games too often. Some of these games are around 10mb which isn't much, but if you load the game several times a day and do it everyday, while at the same time load many other games with similar sizes. It is actually somewhat costly. Speaking of which, anybody know of a flash game extractor?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 12:21   Link #3
Issac
Spiral Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Issac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Your question sounds strange. Shouldn't you be able to tell just by looking at the file? The size used is the same size as the file itself.

8GB a month only? How much are you paying...? I find 60GB a month as okay, as long as I don't play online flash games too often. Some of these games are around 10mb which isn't much, but if you load the game several times a day and do it everyday, while at the same time load many other games with similar sizes. It is actually somewhat costly. Speaking of which, anybody know of a flash game extractor?
Not to get too much off-topic, but I'm sure there's an add-on for firefox that will do this for you. I think DownThemAll! is one.
Issac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 17:16   Link #4
cyberbeing

If I assume the videos are no more then 500kbps, you would end up with ~80MB per video. That would allow you to watch somewhere in the range of 95-110 ~22min videos before your 8GB is filled.
Old 2009-01-03, 18:06   Link #5
TheWinterCold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issac View Post
Not to get too much off-topic, but I'm sure there's an add-on for firefox that will do this for you. I think DownThemAll! is one.

There's an easier way to do that on firefox... tools>page info>Media>find the file that says embed>click>click on save as...

And i'm paying $80 a month in australia, but the plan is ending soon so i should be getting a much better service soon... *sighs*

and btw i've watched 40-60 episodes of anime in the last 5 days... LOL
Old 2009-01-03, 18:07   Link #6
TheWinterCold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
If I assume the videos are no more then 500kbps, you would end up with ~80MB per video. That would allow you to watch somewhere in the range of 95-110 ~22min videos before your 8GB is filled.
thank you...
Old 2009-01-03, 18:08   Link #7
TheWinterCold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
im uploading from veoh/myspace, as opposed to downloading, it does not show size... thanks though
Old 2009-01-03, 20:04   Link #8
TheWinterCold

*sighs* just used all my downloads for the month... speed gone down to like 5kb

i guess that that's what you get for watching... 17 episodes of To-Love-Ru, 12 episodes of Hand Maid May, and the complete series of Dears, Gantz, and Onegai Teacher, in a 5 day perioud
Old 2009-01-05, 20:24   Link #9
Thingle
Banned

No. Your ISP is just crappy. Nothing on your wrong side.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 05:10   Link #10
Doughnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issac View Post
Aren't tools like that things you want to avoid if you have a bandwidth limit? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they redownload content you've already viewed in your browser (thus, consuming twice the bandwidth), as opposed to grabbing it from your browser cache.

Flash games are just .swf files, and are cached just as text/images are. You could mess with your cache settings so files aren't cleared so often, or if you want, you could go to the extra length and protect certain files you dont want deleting from the cache. If it's already on your machine, the browser shouldn't redownload it.
Doughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote