AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 44 31.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 19.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.44%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-27, 23:38   Link #101
sacundim

8.5/10

This whole arc has been hilarious so far; IMO funnier than the rest of the series. The one problem that bugs me is that the episode transitions are being done very brusquely.
Old 2009-08-27, 23:40   Link #102
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Next week SHOULD have the part I want to see, Haruhi Vs. Kyon! I am actually liking this arc in the anime way more than in the novel, the Koizumi speeches were LOOOOOOONNNNGGG in the novel . 10/10 again, loved the art this week for some reason...
Old 2009-08-27, 23:57   Link #103
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Mazui subs are out, but the HQ raw is taking forever, so they put a LQ one out.

But. This has been the best episode so far this season. It had a good balance of comedy while still being strikingly shocking. The Mikuru Beam was played out nicely, I realize now why everyone goes apeshit over it. The characters seem well drawn I guess, they seemed to fit in with the background art.

AND YAY! NYORO~N IS BACK
9/10
Old 2009-08-28, 00:18   Link #104
kniteowl

Here I was hoping for a flash back fanservice scene of Nagato biting Mikuru in Kyon's imagination lmao... ah well...

Pretty kool episode, it wasn't as suprising or as shocking, when I 1st reed the novel where I learnt Mikuru could really shot lasers from her eye, most likely because I already knew what was gonna happen. Makes me wonder if non-novel/manag readers were suprised or shocked by the scene in the episode.

I hope to see more of Tsuruya... she's so fast that you don't have time to answer any of her questions.
Old 2009-08-28, 00:30   Link #105
Jintor

Oh my god HARUHI IS SUCH A JERK
Old 2009-08-28, 00:47   Link #106
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Rewaching with subs (and being able to pause) mad me notice some more things:
  • After have complaning last week, I think Nagato looks nice now. Specially her first shot, in the begining.
  • It is reallyobvious now she only follow Kyon's order. Twice this episode she asaked for his permission to follow Haruhi and Koizumi.
  • It is hilarious seeing Koizumi still smileing even when is obvious he don' want too. Like after have reciving his 'reward' for suggesting having extras and after being shoot by Mikuru.
  • There s two continuity errors. Just after Mikuru 'lose' her contact lens Haruhi have the idea of only usingthen after the 'transformation'. Yet, she doesn't wear then in the first fight scene. Also, the many familys just vanish during Mikuru's and Nagato's 'fight'.
  • Haruhi's and Kyon's fight was very well done.
  • Again, the Mikuru Beam scene was awesome.
  • Nagato did a big leap in that scene too. Almost a fly, really.
  • Haruhi must really be blind. How the hell she didn't noticed before the reflector had be cut?
  • Hilarious Kyon claming being an amatour after giving many wierd scyfi names
  • Kyon's random references are awesome. Pope Inoccent III? Really?
  • Both Tsuruya and Taniguchi are awesome. Period.
  • Taniguchi and Kunikida conversation is very funny. I wonder if is always like that.
  • The black taxis intriged me. I wonder if the cab is Arakawa (we couldn't se his/her face).
  • TFEI? I didn't remember it. It seen to be the humanoid interface, but what it means? It was spoke in english, so the meaning must be in english as well right?
  • Speaking on they, apparently Yuki is very skilled amongst then. What intrigued me, however, is Nagato don't explang anything, unike the others. So the others interfaces explaing things to the Organization?
Wow, I talked a lot now. I guess I should reread Sighs... I really didn't remember that TFEI thing.
Old 2009-08-28, 01:11   Link #107
Jintor

Hot jesus regeneration is awesome.

My lord Tsuruya is awesome

my lord haruhi is a jerk

lol biting
Old 2009-08-28, 01:47   Link #108
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This week on The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya menage a Parte Trois!

Shout-out to Nyoron Churuya-San!
EPIC Zombie GROWLING Priests!
The SOS-dan's take on Monty Python's Holy Grail!
The Molestation Fanservice of Mikuru Asahina!
Haruhi "Hairband of Doom" Suzumiya vs Kyyy- "Microbe of Fault-Finding" -onnn!
The Revenge of MIKURU BEEEEAM!
Mikuru hunting out of season! Koizumi's 'brown alert'! The Flash Vaporization of Yuki Nagato!
Yuki vs Mikuru no-holds-barred jello wrestling!
Mugi-vision, ~nyoro!

Loved this episode. The bubbling anger when Haruhi began beating Mikuru. The cheering for Kyon when he grew a pair. The astonishment at the accurate portrayal of high-energy lasers!

Coming attractions:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-28, 01:59   Link #109
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

From Mazui's release:
Code:
Tsuruya: Mikuru, you're so cute! I want to bring you home!
Nice one.

The last part there was great. Just goes to show how much I've missed Tsuruya (and her accent).
Old 2009-08-28, 02:11   Link #110
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So, what was Haruhi humming when she skipped off near the end?

It wasn't Rock is Dead like in the book, unfortunately... although I can see why that would be impossible for Aya Hirano to hum...

In any case, great episode. Really can't find much to complain about, so 9/10.

They've covered up through Chapter Three and into Chapter Four, and I suspect they'll want to end the episode with -that scene-, which should be interesting.
Old 2009-08-28, 02:22   Link #111
OkamiNoKaze

Great episode, Yeah glad to see Kyon grow a pair finally, and Tsuruya's back yay. Also some have said Yuki appearing in her witch costume was toned down last episode, from the novel. How is it different? Also was Mikuru claiming to be sick in the novel? or are they going to use that as
Spoiler for possible spoiler:

Last edited by OkamiNoKaze; 2009-08-28 at 02:24. Reason: clicked quote instead of spolier the first time
Old 2009-08-28, 02:24   Link #112
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth
* Speaking on they, apparently Yuki is very skilled amongst then. What intrigued me, however, is Nagato don't explang anything, unike the others. So the others interfaces explaing things to the Organization?
I thought it was more Koizumi's opinion then an actual fact, from my POV, it looked liked all aliens related to IDSE have similar powers to Nagato. Although I can kind of see Nagato being more skilled then your average IDSE humanoid alien when you consider Asakura being Nagato's backup.
Old 2009-08-28, 02:25   Link #113
chinaboat

Favorite moment: Kyon clutching Haruhi by the back of the neck while she sulks

Favorite line: "It seems I unexpectedly fired an optical weapon....

Definitely the best Sighs ep so far and, indeed, anime improved the narrative 100%.

Last edited by chinaboat; 2009-08-28 at 02:26. Reason: spelling
Old 2009-08-28, 02:27   Link #114
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Great episode, Yeah glad to see Kyon grow a pair finally, and Tsuruya's back yay. Also some have said Yuki appearing in her witch costume was toned down last episode, from the novel. How is it different? Also was Mikuru claiming to be sick in the novel? or are they going to use that as
Spoiler for possible spoiler:
It's in the novel too.

If they do -that scene- completely uncensored, I'll be very happy.

They won't, but I'd be very happy. >_>
Old 2009-08-28, 02:33   Link #115
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
If they do -that scene- completely uncensored, I'll be very happy.
I dunno, they have even drawn the scene of Nagato's injuries, as well as Kyon stopping Haruhi for the first time... Might as well go all the way.
Old 2009-08-28, 02:50   Link #116
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
I dunno, they have even drawn the scene of Nagato's injuries, as well as Kyon stopping Haruhi for the first time... Might as well go all the way.
It's more that -that scene- has content related to stuff that was censored in the -original broadcast-, so...

But, like I said, if they do go all the way I'll be -happy-.
Old 2009-08-28, 02:52   Link #117
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Also some have said Yuki appearing in her witch costume was toned down last episode, from the novel. How is it different?
Well, at any point during the scene, did you get the feeling that Nagato was Death?

Spoiler for space:

Nagato scared the hell out of them in the novel, to the point that Haruhi was rendered utterly speechless until after she sat down and started reading.

The anime really didn't convey that all too well. Sure, the basic details were there, but the overall feeling of dread was completely absent.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-28, 03:11   Link #118
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Liking Sigh so far, I'll agree with what a lot are already saying: This arc is better animated then written. This episode pretty much confirms it for me. The Mikuru Beam scene was priceless.

And it looks like the scene I've been waiting for, in "someones" house is next week.
Old 2009-08-28, 03:20   Link #119
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Well, at any point during the scene, did you get the feeling that Nagato was Death?

Nagato scared the hell out of them in the novel, to the point that Haruhi was rendered utterly speechless until after she sat down and started reading.

The anime really didn't convey that all too well. Sure, the basic details were there, but the overall feeling of dread was completely absent.
aye, in the anime it came across more as "omfgbqq how CUTE!!!!!" and how self-satisfied she was.
Old 2009-08-28, 05:14   Link #120
brocko

The anime definitely portrayed Yuki's entrance more as shocking rather than fearful. You kinda get a better feeling as to why Haruhi goes all genki over Yuki right after she sits donw in the novel, since Yuki's frightful attire was exactly what Haruhi wanted in the villain.

Strangely enough, Tsuruya seemed to be the best drawn character of the whole cast this episode imo. Makes me wonder if there's a certain soft spot for her within KyoAni's animation department

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Closed Thread