AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-08, 11:33   Link #16681
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

You guys don't want dark stuff when this volume is about Kiharas and GREMLIN.

lolk

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-08, 12:03   Link #16682
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I like it a bit, but I_am_kami kinda want to turn this into JJBA, or something like that... which is no good as a story toaru ins't that dark.
Old 2012-03-08, 12:13   Link #16683
Miraluka
Banned

The Kihara family symbolizes ther Darkness of AC. And Gremlin is Gremlin , one has to expect bloody scenes and darkness coming from them like vol.2, 3, 4 or 15.
Old 2012-03-08, 12:36   Link #16684
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^adding the fact that lately touma hasnt been able to solve things the philantrophic way, and that there are new characters coming, wich are the ones kamachi usually kills, i would say youre rigth, on the other hand we expected a lot of things last chapter that didnt happened so in the end who knows.
Old 2012-03-08, 13:34   Link #16685
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
^adding the fact that lately touma hasnt been able to solve things the philantrophic way, and that there are new characters coming, wich are the ones kamachi usually kills, i would say youre rigth, on the other hand we expected a lot of things last chapter that didnt happened so in the end who knows.
I know what you mean, I hope it was thing of 1 volume .
Old 2012-03-08, 13:49   Link #16686
Phibrizzo
Honos628

This is basically needed but theres a difference with kill people and make a mother kill her shield and detail the entrails (which is pretty much what I_am_kami looking for).

I don't mind that, honestly there are 2 things I have find as horrible so far on ToAru, basically the guy accelerator remove half his skin, and the poor fate of cinderella.
Old 2012-03-08, 14:03   Link #16687
Miraluka
Banned

What about Misawa"s students?
Old 2012-03-08, 14:28   Link #16688
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I guess I have read my fair share of grim things, they don't actually remember anything and everything turned peachy in the end.
Old 2012-03-08, 15:22   Link #16689
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
No but I honestly don't want toAru to turn into a dark series, it never was and hope it didn't turn into it, if I want to read something dark I would be reading that and looking for it, not trying to turn some genere I already like into it.
Quote:
I like it a bit, but I_am_kami kinda want to turn this into JJBA, or something like that... which is no good as a story toaru ins't that dark.
Quote:
This is basically needed but theres a difference with kill people and make a mother kill her shield and detail the entrails (which is pretty much what I_am_kami looking for).

I don't mind that, honestly there are 2 things I have find as horrible so far on ToAru, basically the guy accelerator remove half his skin, and the poor fate of cinderella.
Lolno Xelloss

What i want is something like Sisters arc or volumes 12-22. Which was pretty violent and cool.
Old 2012-03-08, 15:56   Link #16690
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Then say action :P grim and dark is another thing all together.
Old 2012-03-08, 15:57   Link #16691
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
do you remember aurelous and styil? i remeber watching that and What, and then
hand dismemberment, hell i love ho blood looks in the anime specially S1.

anyway i thing i get phibrizzos´s point, that he dont want gore just for the hell of it, and i agree with that, pretty much like how in gatz they try too hard to show gore, but so far kamachi has depicted these scenes where it belonged, i mean the dark side have to be dark, and magicians had to sell their souls to use magic.
Old 2012-03-08, 17:33   Link #16692
Breidaluk

We still don't know what happened with Cendrillion......and being a wardrobe must not be so bad as being shot in the mouth and crushed.

Anyway, I was always thinking about that, why a wardrobe?

2 days left.
Old 2012-03-08, 19:33   Link #16693
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

remember in japan is tomorrow already.
Old 2012-03-08, 19:34   Link #16694
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Then say action :P grim and dark is another thing all together.
No, no. Dark can still be counted in a way such as V.13 with Kihara being an asshole or the events of volume 15
Old 2012-03-08, 21:08   Link #16695
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Alright, first serious bets.

First: Junior knows some martial arts, leaning towards boxing like his Papa.

Second: Natural Selector will end in a draw, showing espers and magicians have their appropriate strengths and weaknesses. Naturally, this only furthers the conflict.

Third: Touma (and maybe Mikoto chasing after him) will appear towards the end of the Volume, but won't partake in the main event. Accelerator and the others are back at AC to deal with the political shitstorm and its effects.

Fourth: Odin will be using Natural Selector as a distraction for whatever he is planning next. Dvergr will be observing Natural Selector closely and might interact with GREMLIN's participants to give them tools.

I'll be happy if I get one right. Two is stretching it, but I can hope.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-08, 22:23   Link #16696
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Alright, first serious bets.

First: Junior knows some martial arts, leaning towards boxing like his Papa.

Second: Natural Selector will end in a draw, showing espers and magicians have their appropriate strengths and weaknesses. Naturally, this only furthers the conflict.

Third: Touma (and maybe Mikoto chasing after him) will appear towards the end of the Volume, but won't partake in the main event. Accelerator and the others are back at AC to deal with the political shitstorm and its effects.

Fourth: Odin will be using Natural Selector as a distraction for whatever he is planning next. Dvergr will be observing Natural Selector closely and might interact with GREMLIN's participants to give them tools.

I'll be happy if I get one right. Two is stretching it, but I can hope.

I BET $10 it might be number three and two..... heck maybe even one
Old 2012-03-08, 23:50   Link #16697
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually Im hoping for little to no interaction with the 3 protagonists- let me explain, the reason why it works well before is that all three of them were viewing the 'story' through different perspective, and its this difference in perspective that gives Index one of its uniqueness. Putting all the heroes on the same page once in awhile is fine but it shouldnt become too common.

I want to see a different perspective of this civil war, one not yet influneced by what the 3 of them know...

Oh and one more thing, assuming he is the new protagonist, we need to find out the new Kihara's name asap because Im sick of refering to him as 'junior' -_-...
Old 2012-03-09, 00:18   Link #16698
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually Im hoping for little to no interaction with the 3 protagonists- let me explain, the reason why it works well before is that all three of them were viewing the 'story' through different perspective, and its this difference in perspective that gives Index one of its uniqueness. Putting all the heroes on the same page once in awhile is fine but it shouldnt become too common.

I want to see a different perspective of this civil war, one not yet influneced by what the 3 of them know...
Actually thats why Touma still is on USA, and I'm betting that Accelerator and Hamazura will have to take different paths in the same event just like it happened on NT01.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh and one more thing, assuming he is the new protagonist, we need to find out the new Kihara's name asap because Im sick of refering to him as 'junior' -_-...

Seriously? He looks too old.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:19   Link #16699
Stabman
Level 3 Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
2 days left.
Is tomorrow actually.

Specifically, its after 2pm on the 19th in Tokyo at the time of this posting. So just a little bit more to go.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:28   Link #16700
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

...Fifth: Junior won't be a new protagonist.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen