Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 12:48   Link #4221
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
After 134, it's the beginning of the end for Shou and Utsumi.
Make sense considering in chapter 133, Shou showed signs of her still having feelings for her ex, but is constantly denying it. I just don't know what to think of this anymore, the author is trying to make the inevitable dramatic as possible, but isn't really doing a good job at it.
Old 2012-07-14, 13:50   Link #4222
ccie20012

@Waven
I'm dislike it. I'm prefer slice-of-life without any drama over "a new day has begun, we have again a drama."
Of course, this is my personal like/dislike, but I can not drink as much vodka for read about "stupid move" girlfriend's to ex. But it's very very IMHO.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 14:25   Link #4223
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
The hardships characters have to go trough is actually what makes them interesting, it's not them picking flowers.
And thats why translations groups drop it and continue KNIM. They must be thrilled to death by GE hardship drama, dont they? Makes perfect sense.

Face it - too much of something is never a good thing and GE is overescalating the whole hardship-drama thing that is starting to drive people away from the series.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 17:00   Link #4224
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I was just refering to completely conflict-less plots. I never was a fan of GE's restlessness.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 20:26   Link #4225
Diveman

I'm officially pissed off right now. F*** you GE, I thought you were a good romance manga, not some cheap ass south american drama.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 03:11   Link #4226
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
I was just refering to completely conflict-less plots. I never was a fan of GE's restlessness.
True to that. Too much of dull things can make it dull but you need those breaks. In GE you develop a sort of paranoia due to constant screw ups with drama-hardships - even when a chapter is good and positive you expected something terrible to hapen around the corner, so much that you cannot even enjoy the current good chapter fully.

Thats an example of bad writting where overdoing certain things make the manga worse.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 00:31   Link #4227
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
In order for fiction to work there has to be some kind of conflict. If the drama was toned down the majority of readers would've lost interest already - GE doesn't have any other feature such as comedy, fantasy, action etc. . The hardships characters have to go trough is actually what makes them interesting, it's not them picking flowers
Yeah but the problem with Good Ending is that the relationship isn't part of the conflict, something has always come along to prolong any actual development. The conflict should be take place in the actual relationship instead of the nonsense that we're getting now. I hate to say it but KNIM is doing it way better.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 06:17   Link #4228
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yeah but the problem with Good Ending is that the relationship isn't part of the conflict, something has always come along to prolong any actual development. The conflict should be take place in the actual relationship instead of the nonsense that we're getting now. I hate to say it but KNIM is doing it way better.
You're right in general, it's always "external" influences and I can see why that can get annoying for some people. To be fair, however, while I like both series, KNIM at its drama peak used the same device - side chars meddle with the main characters' relationships; main characters passivley let them meddle with it. Relatively the slice of life part of KNIM started just recently.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 01:34   Link #4229
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

The previous spoiler put me off for a bit, but in actually reading the chapter, it's not so bad... yet.
Spoiler for 134:

DUN DUN DUN...

Last edited by RandomGuy; 2012-07-26 at 09:53.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 12:19   Link #4230
Zetsubo
著述遮断

OHHHHHHH ..... truly.... absolutely .... Korean Dramatist.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 12:22   Link #4231
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Car accidents and air craft crashes should be outlaw

fall off a ladder while painting a building while earning some extra money.

get held up and robbed and shot (and please make it by a NON Gaijin)

Get hurt by an upset bull at a relatives farm where you were staying.

Eat bad Fugu

Get stung by japanese hornets (they are pretty dangerous)

Something ... that does not involve Cars, Planes or any other soap opera contrivances.

Jeeze is that too much to ask ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 12:23   Link #4232
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And thats why translations groups drop it and continue KNIM. They must be thrilled to death by GE hardship drama, dont they? Makes perfect sense.

Face it - too much of something is never a good thing and GE is overescalating the whole hardship-drama thing that is starting to drive people away from the series.
That, and it's painful to clean and redraw GE...... especially when the staff don't enjoy the story.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 12:26   Link #4233
leokiko

I prefer hardship drama than a stupid main character though(KNIM).

leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 13:57   Link #4234
ccie20012

@Zetsubo
I would introduce a rule
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-23, 14:07   Link #4235
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

*Sigh* I don't know why I try to keep up with this Manga. It is fine to add drama in a Manga just like it is fine to sprinkle extra cheese on pizza, but if you add too much that will ruin it. Too much Drama in this Manga, give some breathing room for the protagonist.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 14:10   Link #4236
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I find it hard to be possible because both Shou and Seiji are having emotional conflictions with their respective ex lovers, and having an incident like this (an needless one in my opinion) is definitely a need to create a flair for the dramatic. So a possible change in their relationship does seem imminent for the two current lovers, at the moment. Can't tell if this is worrying or annoying...
Old 2012-07-23, 14:20   Link #4237
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I find it hard to be possible because both Shou and Seiji are having emotional conflictions with their respective ex lovers, and having an incident like this (an needless one in my opinion) is definitely a need to create a flair for the dramatic. So a possible change in their relationship does seem imminent for the two current lovers, at the moment. Can't tell if this is worrying or annoying...
Most likely both and you are right on all points. If this was aim for both of them to go back to their ex than it is kind of over doing it. So far, there are three big Romance Manga right now. Well these are my guesses, KNIM, GE, and OM. KNIM is light hearten on Drama, with some Romance, and focus on real life situations. GE, is along a line of intense Drama, something like those Soap Operas that airs at 1:00 pm on ABC. OM is supernatural but adds in both Drama and real life.
Old 2012-07-23, 14:42   Link #4238
ccie20012

Kimi no Iru Machi - KNIM?
Yes, the protagonist is not the best. But in KNIM - slice-of-life + humor.
And there is not every situation from which you can make the drama ends in drama.
everything is more realistic.
"oh, I saw you on the other (actually this is again sort of a childhood friend) ... but I will not tell you anything. I'm not going to ask. 'll go better and make sex with someone ... yes of course I'll be very suffering ... "
it's stupid drama template

the last chapter KNIM - there is no such

OM - what it means?
Old 2012-07-23, 14:46   Link #4239
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

OM = Orange Marmalade.

Quote:
Most likely both and you are right on all points. If this was aim for both of them to go back to their ex than it is kind of over doing it.
True, but if the author truly wanted to overdo things, he would say that Seiji and Yuki met each other before the first chapter. Most romance dramas manga overuse the "promise or meeting at childhood" scenario a lot so...now I'm getting worried.
Old 2012-07-23, 14:47   Link #4240
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
Kimi no Iru Machi - KNIM?
Yes, the protagonist is not the best. But in KNIM - slice-of-life + humor.
And there is not every situation from which you can make the drama ends in drama.
everything is more realistic.
"oh, I saw you on the other (actually this is again sort of a childhood friend) ... but I will not tell you anything. I'm not going to ask. 'll go better and make sex with someone ... yes of course I'll be very suffering ... "
it's stupid drama template

the last chapter KNIM - there is no such

OM - what it means?
Orange Marmalade, its a mixture of both KNIM and GE elements. Humor, Slice of Life, Romance, and especially Drama, but adds in supernatural.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi