Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-25, 06:21   Link #5241
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just read the epilogue, so Guinevere cheated Godou out of at least one new authority? So the only way for him to gain new authorities is to defeat non-sword gods?

The goddess born the the grail, is she a fake god like Minos? Alec said the fake Minos only had about 40% strength as the real Minos, could the new Athena be the same?
I think a god summoned using just the Holy Grail will be weaker than the original. But I think it's a different summoning now because of the platinum disc with the [Swords] is there. Probably.

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 07:37   Link #5242
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just read the epilogue, so Guinevere cheated Godou out of at least one new authority? So the only way for him to gain new authorities is to defeat non-sword gods?

The goddess born the the grail, is she a fake god like Minos? Alec said the fake Minos only had about 40% strength as the real Minos, could the new Athena be the same?
No, I think it would be stronger, since it the grail itself that morphed to the new Athena.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 08:26   Link #5243
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
No, I think it would be stronger, since it the grail itself that morphed to the new Athena.
In Vol.10, the grail transformed into Fake Minos, so is Athena a 'fake' as well?
Quote:
Spell words for summoning a beast on the level of the gods, were enveloping the Holy Grail. Next the golden urn began to change in form. The head of a ferocious bull with the nude figure of a man below the neck. Standing tall at ten meters or so.
This was the likeness of the god Minos whom Alec had slain on Crete eight years ago.
Using the Holy Grail's magical power to manifest a fake god -- required turning the Grail itself into a god. During this time, the Grail's original functions were lost, thus disabling the divine lance Excalibur which relied on the connection with the Holy Grail.
Old 2012-11-25, 18:01   Link #5244
blackwhite67
Banned

I don't think that's what happened to Athena. Unlike the Fake Minos, Athena's essence and immortality were already in the grail and it is for this reason she can never manifest as a Heretic God again. I fear that she may have been reduced into a Divine Ancestor to seek out and serve the Last King. Her immortality has been lost and her memories stripped. Athena, unlike the Fake Minos displays actual intelligence and she probably won't disappear when defeated which means she will reincarnate. Dammit, Godou's getting NTR'd!

Spoiler for Speculation:
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 18:45   Link #5245
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post

Spoiler for Speculation:
Good!!
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 19:22   Link #5246
blackwhite67
Banned

^As further evidence, Godou's charm has proven itself effective against Divine Ancestors as seen from his interaction with Guinevere.

Godou himself will probably use the knowledge spell on Athena to restore her memories of the time she was a Heretic God.
Old 2012-11-25, 19:48   Link #5247
ser4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
If Athena has indeed been turned into a Divine Ancestor, then I think this is the author's way of reintroducing her into the plot. As a Heretic God, her becoming a part of Godou's harem were pretty slim considering her nature. It's much more plausible for her to join the harem as a Divine Ancestor.
i don't know about Athena in the harem ....... for god's sake she looks 12 -13 and if she is a DA she wont age.......any one else see a problem with that ..or is it just my anti loli tendencies

also on last count godo has authorities from 3 gods right ? ...and how come
Spoiler:
ser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 20:02   Link #5248
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser4 View Post
i don't know about Athena in the harem ....... for god's sake she looks 12 -13 and if she is a DA she wont age.......any one else see a problem with that ..or is it just my anti loli tendencies

also on last count godo has authorities from 3 gods right ? ...and how come
Spoiler:
Well as a Campione Godou's gonna live forever, too. Besides, if she's anything like her heretical self she could probably assume her older form if she wanted and it wouldn't be any fun if his harem only consisted of humans and campiones. Every harem needs at least one loli, or really young girl.

Technically, Godou only has one authority. I believe the one he got from Circe wasn't legit considering she was only at half strength thanks to Alex and she somehow interfered with the process of transferring authorities.

To answer your question:
Guinevere used her last remnants of magical power to perform a summoning spell.
This manifested a circular disc, made of an alloy of gold and iron. Patterns reminiscent of [Swords] were carved on its surface, numbering two... No, three now. As soon as it was summoned, the count had incremented.
"Sir Knight... Lancelot du Lac's steel is now stored here. That's right, instead of becoming Kusanagi-sama's authority, be the arrow for the returning 'King of the End'... Please go forth."

Damn Guinevere's a thief too. Looks like since Lancelot was Guinevere's protector, Guinevere's got dibs on her essence so it didn't go to Godou. Maybe if Godou breaks the disc he can get the authority.
Old 2012-11-25, 20:14   Link #5249
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm, I love the imaginative world that was crafted for Campione! but I call "bullshit!" over and over again with this volume. Changing the rules ain't cool yo.

The fact that Guinevere can stop the "Campione / God" system from working is the first thing I call "bullshit" right here and now. Would Pandora really let her do that? And that alongside the "Gods manifest based on popular myths" plot trope the author is using.. (vs. Perseus having Mithra's powers and Athena manifesting with Mother Earth Goddess powers, etc.) It seems like he's poking holes in the universe he made himself and it irks me.

Reply hazy, ask me again later

Last edited by willx; 2012-11-25 at 21:00.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 20:39   Link #5250
bakapervert
A pervert

How come Pandora didn't do anything to this theft? Godou 's victory over Lancelot should be acceptable for him to receive authority, yet one dying divine ancestor can mess up the ritual of a goddess, Pandora should take some action already.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 20:55   Link #5251
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
How come Pandora didn't do anything to this theft? Godou 's victory over Lancelot should be acceptable for him to receive authority, yet one dying divine ancestor can mess up the ritual of a goddess, Pandora should take some action already.
Knowing her, she would treat it as a game or entertainment. Fits for personality.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 21:37   Link #5252
Yye1
Wide Right

so ive been wondering this for a while, of his girls, who does Godou like best? he seems to be scared of erica and yuri, exasperated with liliana and does not take ena seriously

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 21:40   Link #5253
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
so ive been wondering this for a while, of his girls, who does Godou like best? he seems to be scared of erica and yuri, exasperated with liliana and does not take ena seriously
All of them? The author has done a commendable job in allotting proper time with each one and developing their relationships with Godou. However, under the unspoken rule of first come, first served I would say his bond with Erica is the strongest. Then again, Erica's mischievousness has toned down considerably in recent volumes so I would say all of them.
Old 2012-11-25, 22:26   Link #5254
The Green One

Godou seems to be trying to avoid playing favorites as he seems resigned to the fact that like it or not he's got a harem. So he tries to divide attention to each of them equally and his resistance to intimacy with them is slowly but surely weakening.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 22:56   Link #5255
bakapervert
A pervert

Though sometimes I get the feeling that Godou is most intimate with Erica. But he sure got no reservation to making out with the other girls.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 00:06   Link #5256
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Though sometimes I get the feeling that Godou is most intimate with Erica. But he sure got no reservation to making out with the other girls.
Yeah I'd agree if someone forced him to name a girl as the favorite he'd say Erica. I think he even said as much during one of the youth org....errrr ceremonies if I recall.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 06:03   Link #5257
kazzuya13

Athena resurrected. However the one who show up is Cirche. When will athena appears again?
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 08:01   Link #5258
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Athena resurrected. However the one who show up is Cirche. When will athena appears again?
Athena really came back? Seriously? That's too soon
And Erica is his most important. He has himself confessed to it
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 09:29   Link #5259
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

He said that only to placate her i think. Also i think its kinda sad that godou only ha 2 proper authorities
Old 2012-11-26, 09:30   Link #5260
breno.m.fis

Hello guys, I read this forum for a long time but this is my first post, it's nice to meet you all.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem