4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-08, 10:35   Link #21
Ultragunner

I have to admit I choked up a little when Isuzu (the bard girl) cried and revealed about Rudy
Old 2014-02-08, 10:51   Link #22
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I have to admit I choked up a little when Isuzu (the bard girl) cried and revealed about Rudy
It sure is raining today...
Old 2014-02-08, 11:12   Link #23
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
It was an unexpected ending on this episode. I guess the risk of getting killed permanently has come true for Rudy. Still, I think Shiroe will think of something on the next episode.

On the other hand, I like how Krusty enjoying the slaughter! He truly is worthy the title of Berserker!
Old 2014-02-08, 11:40   Link #24
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, there was hardly any Shiroe this ep. Still very wntertaining.

And yep, their commo net is exactly how RL commo nets are arranged - squad, platoon, company, battalion networks.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-08, 11:45   Link #25
tsunade666

The episode is epic. it ooze with manliness that I even praise the animation. The direction of the episode is well done. Well done Rudy...

The preview gives a QB feel to it
Old 2014-02-08, 11:49   Link #26
Vezon

This episode was great. The teamwork with the kids was amusing. the drama hit me strong.
Just wished the battle was in the middle of the day instead of night it kinda hard to see what is happening.
Old 2014-02-08, 11:51   Link #27
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
It sure is raining today...
Agreed. The rain sure is heavy today.

That being said, based on the preview, I can guess that Rudy will be back.
Old 2014-02-08, 12:03   Link #28
The Green One

Going out on a suicide attack to save the party from a full wipe. Way to take one for the team Rudie. I salute you.

Next episode is contract? Will Magical Girl Rudy be born?

Last edited by The Green One; 2014-02-08 at 14:42.
Old 2014-02-08, 12:17   Link #29
mikethepokemaster

Very good episode the end got me a little bit Rudy death was expected but still good. Shiroe to the rescue next episode.
Old 2014-02-08, 12:29   Link #30
erdii

well from gamers perpective didn't they overestimate goblins. in a normal game goblin level is around 25 - 35. a 90 level character can easily kill thousands of them without healing, it is just boring just to kill weak goblins. then again this is the case in a normal game not in this anime. I've never seen a 72 level goblin, but for 90 level it must be easy for 90 level adventurers and those about the same level
Old 2014-02-08, 12:30   Link #31
Dark Wing

Best parts of the episode for me

Berserk Kursty beheading Giant Orgs to bad this is a kids networks so no blood...

Shiro's communications network is a success. I do wonder why he has to yet for the rest of the squads to deploy before he can go into battle himself?

Akatsuki tapping on her blade you can tell she inching to get in on the goblin slaughter. Be patient young ninja you'll have your turn.

Oh look at them newbie they be newbies no more.

Poor Rudy all he wanted was to be more then an NPC! Please Shiro save him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
I've never seen a 72 level goblin, but for 90 level it must be easy for 90 level adventurers and those about the same level
They were not goblins but they are part of the same family. Giant Orgs aka Hill Giants as they are known in the game.
Old 2014-02-08, 12:39   Link #32
ookamigirl

Let the war begin!
Finally some action.
It was about time too, after all those preparations.
Thought they were gonna skip the strategizing.
Guess I was wrong about that.
Still, that wasn't much of a surprise.
Rudy sure stepped up; impressive, but such a shame.
Great episode!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-02-08, 12:39   Link #33
Marina2

So,what did Minori say to Serara pre-opening?
Old 2014-02-08, 12:39   Link #34
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Due to the merge of in-game and real-life laws, you can't swing your sword while chugging down your potions. The Catastrophe may have also affected how fast you recover your HP or MP through items.
Is this just a guess, or is that a known fact from the novel?

And couldn't Touya just put his sword down for the couple of seconds it takes to drink a potion?

My question isn't just based on this episode; throughout it appears that the only method for healing is magic.
Old 2014-02-08, 12:41   Link #35
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So,what did Minori say to Serara pre-opening?
I bet it was to set up that early warning system of screeching summonings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
And couldn't Touya just put his sword down for the couple of seconds it takes to drink a potion?

My question isn't just based on this episode; throughout it appears that the only method for healing is magic.
He was in the middle of a 3 vs 1 attack and I'm sure like in any other MMO the monsters weren't going to stop for him to down a potion.
Old 2014-02-08, 12:47   Link #36
The Green One

Spamming potions isn't a matter of pressing a hotkey anymore. You have to actually dig them out of your inventory, open the lid, bring it to your mouth and chug it. If you're in the middle of combat all that's going to accomplish is get you gutted. Potions are good for after battle recovery or if you have someone to switch in for you or drag aggro away from you.
Old 2014-02-08, 12:56   Link #37
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Is this just a guess, or is that a known fact from the novel?

It wasn't explicitly said in novels, but Toya drunk potion between battles and non in it. that should be enough draw conclusion
Old 2014-02-08, 14:28   Link #38
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Liked the detail that they specifically had some people at headquarters whose sole job was to relay information from the frontline units. It's a detail that's not often paid attention to in these kinds of setups, but communication is one of the most critical advantages you can have in this sort of large scale engagement. And it's not just about anyone being able to communicate with anyone else. It's being able to control the flow of information so that enough information makes it's way up and down the chain, without leaving the chain very confused.

A random detail that caught my attention more than the actual fighting itself.

Also. It's turning out that the Scrubs decision to defend Choisi turned out to have some positive (even essential) strategic implications. Without Choisi acting as a block, the sea people can show up and disrupt the main forces encirclement, potentially letting the goblins escape when they break.

edit: I can understand why they chose to spend more attention to the Scrubs in Choisi. A handful of massively outmatched people defending a town against overwhelming force is a bit more narrative dramatic than watching Krusty and his huge mob of murder monsters trapping all the Goblins in a meatgrinder cubrstomp.

Spoiler for also:

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2014-02-08 at 14:59.
Old 2014-02-08, 15:04   Link #39
zero7090

am i the only one saw his death coming miles away? Hiding the fact that he was ppl of land was a stupid mistake. Adventures or not a party only works if the leader know everyone weakpoint. Hardcore strat are different from normal strat. You just cant play in the former while pretending it is the latter. Minori could has drafted different strat like limit break, zerg the lowest hp one then focus both healers on tank or delegate an off-tank.
Old 2014-02-08, 15:07   Link #40
ices
Working Hard

@Roger Rambo, a random detail,

Quote:
It sort of makes sense...

Central spear formation moves to engage the enemy, Krusty in the lead, to cut a path. Keeps four blocks to move and engage flankers while protecting the ranged casters. Healers are in the mass at the back, and ranged attack sorcerers and shit are off to one side, so if they draw aggro then one of the blocks can get in the way before they're threatened.
from /a/
Closed Thread