AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-27, 18:25   Link #141
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Because it's a lot more versatile?
Locked up guy could be Mukuro's true form, which is actually Byakuran's twin, who will betray Tsuna to fit the backstabber role that Chrome doesn't have, and it would still be alright, because while it's guessable, it doesn't have to be that way.
I think that Reborn was saying that when Chrome use her box weapon, it reminds him about the first Guardian of the Mist who look like Mukuro but he was a backstabber, so that maybe the reason that it could be Mukuro as the backstabber.
Old 2009-10-27, 18:33   Link #142
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Tsuna doesn't have talent, he always gets by because of his justice and resolve, which others admire, hence they decide to follow him. I don't see Tsuna having "sheer incredible potential", if anything he resembles Kenichi: a no-good student with absolutely no talent, being taught by the best of the world, which is why he can barely win his fights.Reborn! battles have meaning, it's not random fighting like the current bleach or w/e.

Where the users die after using it? Hell rings where they cast aside their humanity? D.Gray-man had symbiotic weapons on a totally different level, and the new alma 3G types are very rare in the manga world. Plus, reborn is the only manga I've read where the weapons directly correlate to the characters' inner nature, and is also the only manga where almost every character is used as much as possible: from the children and women that form Tsuna's home to the family members, each with their own role and his mentor;I wouldn't call reborn! bullshit on any aspect.
i said with no word that the manga itself would be bullshit. that was a comment on certain aspects, like the guy locked up somewhere... there is illidan as my prime example, same story
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 18:40   Link #143
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
care to take a look at the last paragraph you wrote there? Guy who has been locked up with a sheer incredible amount of potential, i mean thatīs been used over and over again. Symbiotic Weapons? Give D Gray Man a shot e.g.
Give me a manga that doesnt have some references to others and Ill give you a million dollars. Every manga/anime uses ideas that have been used before even if its just minor details. Espc in shounen, I mean look at Naruto and Bleach.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 18:50   Link #144
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Give me a manga that doesnt have some references to others and Ill give you a million dollars. Every manga/anime uses ideas that have been used before even if its just minor details. Espc in shounen, I mean look at Naruto and Bleach.
iīm not talking about references, iīm talking about entire concepts which are just randomly getting put into the story without further ado.

I might aswell refrain my original point: Taking over entire aspects/concepts of certain manga/literature/movies/etc sources are a common occurence as it is really hard, next to impossible so to say to come up with something really original and unique, e.g. Bakuman. I donīt say thatīs a necessarily bad thing, i actually like working ideas to be implemented into a storyline that actually fits them.
But newer mangas that switch genre quite fast have a really hard time finding positive criticism, whereas older/longer running manga are called genius for the exact same thing.
Although i have to agree that Medaka Box is a bit overdoing it atm, but still why do the fans welcome these new random plotpoints in Reborn and just flame everything in Medaka?

Extending the rings/weapons everytime just seems endless, whereas introducing Uncle Kawahiro who has been hinted at through the entire storyline is a genius and most likely planned move on the Authorīs side.
Old 2009-10-28, 02:05   Link #145
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Extending the rings/weapons everytime just seems endless
Considering this is a future arc, they won't be taking their weapons back to the past, and until Verde completes his research it will be many years later. So, the only issue in this matter is how much the future arc will be stretched, which even I cannot say; Byakuran will surely fall, but Kawahiro might take the place of the main villain-then again, we barely know anything about him, and to have this switch work, he would have to be more evil than Byakuran, which is kinda hard atm.
Although I am currently reading many mangas, I don't know of many that switch genre as fast as reborn. Do you have any more examples to compare?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 06:06   Link #146
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

^iīm not reading reborn consecutively so i dunno whatīs going on most of the time

oh yeah just another one that was quite interesting and also had the locked up bad-guy backstab feat. => Watashi no Messiah-sama, a manga that really got to me, think i rated it 10/10.
Old 2009-10-28, 06:16   Link #147
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Let the chapters pile up and read it in one go, it will be much better that way
Old 2009-10-28, 11:58   Link #148
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Although i have to agree that Medaka Box is a bit overdoing it atm, but still why do the fans welcome these new random plotpoints in Reborn and just flame everything in Medaka?
I dont read Medaka but on the Reborn lj comm I know alot of people dropped the manga since it seemed too much like pokemon since everyone and their brother has a box weapon and yeah the concept is over used in anime but too me Reborn pulls it off a bit better.

Its not that fans welcome it since Ive seen some bashing on the comm but I think they tend to phrase it differently maybe.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 09:22   Link #149
typhonsentra

So yeah I'm about 80 chapters in and..... this comic took a huuuuuuuge turn. So for like, the first year and a half it was basically a gag manga and now the rest of the way through it's more a standard shounen fight comic, correct?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 07:51   Link #150
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

After putting this on hold for a few weeks and coming back to read it now it really gets a whole lot better. I thought Zakuro was being hyped as the strongest stooge under Byakuran, so it'll be disappointing if he gets owned here by Gokudera.

By the way im loving the character designs Amano keeps coming up for the first guardians.Though admittedly they're just a re-imagining of the current guardians.

And mukuro broke out F yeah.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 10:24   Link #151
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Chapter felt way too cheesy, but at least Gokudera finally got a useful weapon...anything goes, as long as the bad guys get owned!
Old 2009-11-14, 04:05   Link #152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh. Personally, I'd like Gokudera to win. For once.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 04:20   Link #153
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I dont read Medaka but on the Reborn lj comm I know alot of people dropped the manga since it seemed too much like pokemon since everyone and their brother has a box weapon and yeah the concept is over used in anime but too me Reborn pulls it off a bit better.

Its not that fans welcome it since Ive seen some bashing on the comm but I think they tend to phrase it differently maybe.
Quote:
Chapter felt way too cheesy, but at least Gokudera finally got a useful weapon...anything goes, as long as the bad guys get owned!
Charmander evolves into Charizard!
Old 2009-11-14, 10:39   Link #154
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Charmander evolves into Charizard!
But don't bows and crossbows usually evolve into rifles and cannons?
Old 2009-11-15, 00:22   Link #155
typhonsentra

Okay, I'm now up to around 180 now and.... this comic has no idea what it wants to be.

Am I alone in thinking he's pretty heavily ripping off Bleach at this point in the story? They're raiding the enemy base to rescue a friend and the base is filled with Captains/Vice Captains for them to beat before getting to the main guy, and the ring/box set-up seems to be nothing more than a sword release shikai/bankai knock-off. Hell, the title page art work for 179 with all the guys looking off into the distance in suits even had a Bleach feel to it.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 00:53   Link #156
Lovles

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Okay, I'm now up to around 180 now and.... this comic has no idea what it wants to be.

Am I alone in thinking he's pretty heavily ripping off Bleach at this point in the story? They're raiding the enemy base to rescue a friend and the base is filled with Captains/Vice Captains for them to beat before getting to the main guy, and the ring/box set-up seems to be nothing more than a sword release shikai/bankai knock-off. Hell, the title page art work for 179 with all the guys looking off into the distance in suits even had a Bleach feel to it.
I think you mean she; also I haven't read bleach but from what people told me of it, it doesn't seem like reborn is similar to it.

tbh I am enjoying how the manga is turning out, it has been quite a trip.
Lovles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 04:04   Link #157
Kafriel
Senior Guest

@ typhonsentra: You could say that the current arc bears similarities to the second bleach arc, but there are some crucial differences between the two:
1) Ichigo is a solo player, he worked his way to the Sokyoku alone, while Tsuna always fights alongside his friends, with whom he has a much stronger bond as family.
2)Again focusing on the main characters, Ichigo has the resolve to win, while Tsuna is usually timid, only showing his true resolve to protect his friends.
3)Reborn! actually has an interesting story...not to bash bleach but it's been a battle tournament for quite a long time now.
4)The characters in Reborn! are not as one-dimensional as the ones in bleach: Mukuro and Hibari do whatever they want, the former can still turn out to be an enemy later on...unlike the SS shinigami, where beating one=making him my ally.
Anyway, there's more but I think this is enough...
Quote:
this comic has no idea what it wants to be.
If you've been reading Bakuman, Miura makes a reference to gag mangas switching to battle, although I want to believe that Reborn! will take a long battle break after this arc's over
Old 2009-11-15, 20:15   Link #158
Wargumm1i
Hentai

There is one thing that is still on my mind ever since the Future arc started... and that is. Is the future arc the final arc? I mean is it going too end ones they return too there school life or will it just start a new arc with new enemys and new adventures?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 02:34   Link #159
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Can't tell for sure, I have the feeling it will keep going though.
Old 2009-11-17, 11:42   Link #160
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Going by its popularity i don't think its gonna end anytime soon. Shounen Jump needs more of these manga that appeal to girls for sales.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shonen