AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-06-04, 19:56   Link #341
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Luffy didn't have gear back then, so maybe a stronger body would help, but I think Kizaru's power (because it's light and not sand) may be effected by the darkness (since light can't exist in darkness)...I can't think of any other way Luffy can beat this guy as I expect they won't really fight like Freeze-guy from Robin's past...I mean it's realistic that Luffy can't beat everyone...
Gear 3 only grants Luffy massive power; he doesn't get an upgrade in speed like he does in Gear 2. Since Gear 2 Luffy is not quite as fast as Kizaru, there is no way Gear 3 would be able to keep up with him. Hence, I find it dubious at best that Luffy would actually be able to get up close to Kizaru and eat him.

What you say about light being unable to exist in darkness is true, but if the light can't exist, what would happen to Kizaru's physical form? He can't just simply turn into nothingness while inside Luffy I would imagine. This is quite the interesting scenario. Should such a situation occur, I really wonder what would happen to the both of them.

Also, if Kizaru can't turn into light in dark atmospheres, that would be a very bad weakness for him to say the least. His ability would be very conditional and he would be greatly handicapped when fighting an opponent at night.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-06-04 at 20:12.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:09   Link #342
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

It would obviously have to be a surprise attack, sort of how music-box boy got Kizaru...Plus Kizaru is a bit of an aloof baka, so he may be all "WTFBBQ" and just look at him^^...I just imagine a building sized Luffy-Jaw devouring him...
Old 2009-06-04, 20:13   Link #343
Charred Knight

Quote:
What is that written in the galactic book of internet celestial teachings? The point is there are no rules (whether we like it or not), what you are mad about is the morality of this...Do I agree? I'm not against the core of your point, just the reality of your expectations...

I'm saying those of us who consume $hitloads of anime on average...Being one of these people for a little over a decade gives me the right to speak for and about the community...You don't have to like it...But that's what we do, we navigate...Just like you did before there was a Funimation website to watch a subbed ep...Just like we'll do when the current ep guys die off and new ones replace them...

I also agree funimation has a great re-dubbing (Don't love Piccolo as Zorro though, apologies to your avatar)...In comparison to 4kids it's like god kissed this version, but the fact remains that One piece's viability and marketability in America was hugely damaged by 4kids and is currently no where to be found on western television (That's pretty bad when you have over 400 eps--The time is now if it ever is to get any real popularity here)...Hell it was even the last nail in Toonami's coffin...Just saying lets be real about this situation...

It ain't great that horrible did what they did, but as One Piece fans and anime fans in general the current landscape is what it is and you and me will watch what we can when we can...that's the state of things...One would hope that the new viewers of OP who were weening off the website eps will evolve just like most animesuki heads have over the years...I probably got as many store-bought DVD's as you, but i'll tell you what I'll be watching OP next week regardless of what anyone does, and that's the reality...

P.S. LOL, did I mention that Sabaody Archipelago is great!^^
One Piece's marketability is damaged because no one buys it

That's it

Compare One Piece to Negima. Negima's anime was complete crap, but the manga is still one of the the best selling manga's in America. The problem with One Piece is that while it's online following is huge, not many people buy it.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2009-06-04 at 20:25.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:44   Link #344
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
It would obviously have to be a surprise attack, sort of how music-box boy got Kizaru...Plus Kizaru is a bit of an aloof baka, so he may be all "WTFBBQ" and just look at him^^...I just imagine a building sized Luffy-Jaw devouring him...
Hmm....you know what I just thought of that might be a possibility? We know that someone cannot consume more than one devil fruit (as explained by CP9's Blueno), since the result would be that the person would die (Chapter 385 - Page 3). Since Kizaru (being a devil fruit user himself) carries the complete essence of a devil fruit within his being, it is possible that Luffy's body (upon consuming Kizaru) would be forced to reject and consequently expel Kizaru since it is not possible/allowable to have more than one devil fruit in one body. This would explain how Crocodile was expelled from Luffy's mouth. Just a theory I came up with .

Also, if we go by what you suggested that Kizaru's light would cease to exist inside of Luffy's body, then obviously Luffy wouldn't be able to blast light beams out of his mouth into the ocean since there is no light to begin with. In other words, this strategy cannot work for Luffy no matter what.
Old 2009-06-04, 21:19   Link #345
ellifeedn
Thinker

I like the additional scenes of Law and Kidd's crews; gives them much more action than in the manga. I wonder what the anime has in store for them.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 22:39   Link #346
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Hmm....you know what I just thought of that might be a possibility? We know that someone cannot consume more than one devil fruit (as explained by CP9's Blueno), since the result would be that the person would die (Chapter 385 - Page 3). Since Kizaru (being a devil fruit user himself) carries the complete essence of a devil fruit within his being, it is possible that Luffy's body (upon consuming Kizaru) would be forced to reject and consequently expel Kizaru since it is not possible/allowable to have more than one devil fruit in one body. This would explain how Crocodile was expelled from Luffy's mouth. Just a theory I came up with .

Also, if we go by what you suggested that Kizaru's light would cease to exist inside of Luffy's body, then obviously Luffy wouldn't be able to blast light beams out of his mouth into the ocean since there is no light to begin with. In other words, this strategy cannot work for Luffy no matter what.
When Luffy opens his mouth the light would be able to esape (Like a dark closet has light in it when you open it up)...Luffy would just have to use his super blow ability (In Gear 3 mode mind you) and just spit him into the ocean...

Good theory on the multi-fruits, but I don't think it'll be that literal...
Old 2009-06-05, 06:29   Link #347
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
True but are we forgetting how the Pika-Pika man is hella fast, like probably one of the fastest characters we have been introduced to thus far? Kizaru should have no problems harming and blocking Blackbeard all from a distance, and since Blackbeard apparently 'cannot' turn into darkness (odd since he is a logia, but whatever ) he would be at a disadvantage save only for his swirling darkness. As long as Kizaru keeps far enough away from him, he should be fine.
The one thing here is that you cant dodge or escape Blackbeard.No matter how fast you are, you cant just run towards opposite direction in front of a black hole.Only way Kizaru defeating him is acting extremely fast and kicking him to death so many times before BB can move his hand, which is pretty stupid like some street fighter kid crouching in the middle of corner and button spamming until you lose.

Because as long as dark matter starts leaking out of his hand, Kizaru's non-powered origin body will be pulled towards Blackbeards hand, which will completely nullify him and result in some face smashing
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 07:16   Link #348
Azncoke123

From what we saw Blackbeard can suck his enemy to him.
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 13:34   Link #349
Yper

speed of lightning - 60,000 m/s (220,000 km/h) (wikipedia) ; speed of light - 299,792,458 m/s (1,079,252,848.8 km/h) (wikipedia)

just to clarify on who's faster , Enel of Kizaru

one more thing , thunder is the sound made by lightning

btw , if Kizaru really could've moved at the speed of light , Oda could have made him much more powerful... i mean , Kizaru could blink from point A to point B ; he's taking a pee on some island in the grind lane , 1 sec after he's rubbing his belly on the ice pole ; in other words , he can 'teleport' anywhere on the OP globe ; punch or kick 1xxx times in a hundredth some unknown pirate on some unknown island , capture him and second later deliver him to the WG ... that's the speed of light we're talking about... ; well... that way he can capture every pirate in the OP world in just a day if he's doing it lazily (except pirates with bakemono strengths like Shanks , Whitebeard and so on..) but dunno why he's not doing it... well , he would've been too overpowered that way

Last edited by Yper; 2009-06-05 at 16:03.
Yper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 17:57   Link #350
syler321

yeh i think oda has to draw the limit of some charcters powers such as kizaru,he can make him a lot more powerfull then he is but then again that will make luffy kind of imposibole to beat him unless luffy controls some major haki skills plus a 4th and 5th gear.

kizaru is strong enough the way he is also,and he lazy way are very funny,the way he becomes very powerfull on seconds like we saw him take out 4 supernovas in a few seconds.
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 23:29   Link #351
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
@Yper:

If you still havn't noticed yet, OP world =/= our world, thus your wikipedia references are worthless. RL physics does not work in OP Land.

Just so you know.
Old 2009-06-06, 09:29   Link #352
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

@ Yper
about kizaru abbilities... well I think oda gotta give some explaination in the next future somehow..

every DF power have their own characteristic limitation ex. for buggy he have a limitation area for his show..
as for kizaru for what we seen already, yes he could teleport to some place but he need to create a light first and a deflector and then so he can teleport in the speed of light that he created.. no just TELEPORTATION.. and going world wide easily...!!?? although yes he could move every where more easily but he's just to lazy ... maybe...

and you gotta to understand is OP world =/= our world but OP world = ODA world...

Last edited by nicepace; 2009-06-07 at 00:06.
nicepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 12:34   Link #353
Yper

well , yes , I just absorbed myself into some complex thingies which are not close to the OP world \

and yes , 'paradox13' , i know that real physics are not so real in any movie or anime
Yper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 02:36   Link #354
noktown

Wow seeing 404 animated it looks much more dramatic than reading...
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 13:47   Link #355
Vegard Aune

Episode 404
Spoiler for Content of episode 404:

...Then we get the most retardedly spoiler-filled preview ever. People who haven't read the manga, I strongly advise that you do NOT watch the preview.

Apart from that, the episode was well-paced and had some pretty good animation. (Though I'm no big fan of Naoki Tate's artwork, it does work REALLY well in action-scenes) My only real complaint is that they only covered chapter 512, and I always thought that 512 and 513 should be in the same episode.
Old 2009-06-07, 14:24   Link #356
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
My only real complaint is that they only covered chapter 512, and I always thought that 512 and 513 should be in the same episode.
They also did cover the last bits of Chapter 511, such as Ussop's and Brooke's attacks going through Kizaru, Robin trying to carry Zoro to safety, and of course Rayleigh intercepting Kizaru's attempt to kill Zoro.
Old 2009-06-07, 16:12   Link #357
syler321

best episode of this arc,every episode the real kuma is in is a good episode.

if you go on a vacation,where would you like to go?
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 17:20   Link #358
Prestige

Really awesome episode indeed, with only few negative things;

-Art

One Piece anime is done by group of diffrent teams with very clearly diffrent detail of art, this episode was unfortunatly done by one of worst teams in Toei, though episode itself was amazing art was at some points stunningly horrible.

- Anime only 'fillers'

For anime viewers this episodes Kidd/Law vs Kumabot was not in manga but I am not sure if Oda has told anime team to add canon anime only content in episodes, so I am not sure to say its filler either.

Very amazing episode still, I hope to see it with HD quality soon and specially second half was dramatic and tragic, though Rayleighs speed entrance was pretty cool.

NEXT EPISODE WILL BE 'IT'!!! Prepare yourself for next episode for truely epic spectacle...

Episode 405
"Disappearing Crewmates - The Final Day of the Straw Hat Crew"
"Kiesareta Nakama-tachi - Mugiwara Ichimi Saigo no Hi" (消された仲間たち 麦わら一味最後の日)

I promise you, it will blow your minds...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 18:35   Link #359
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
NEXT EPISODE WILL BE 'IT'!!! Prepare yourself for next episode for truely epic spectacle...

Episode 405
"Disappearing Crewmates - The Final Day of the Straw Hat Crew"
"Kiesareta Nakama-tachi - Mugiwara Ichimi Saigo no Hi" (消された仲間たち 麦わら一味最後の日)

I promise you, it will blow your minds...
That will be one episode I will NOT like.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 01:11   Link #360
CoreyPmc1
BlackDeath Anonymous

Send a message via AIM to CoreyPmc1
I think One Piece just became my favorite anime... for the time being...
CoreyPmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote