AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-05-10, 08:13   Link #12421
Gravitas Free Zone

Speaking of things that people love to hate, I'm wondering if I'm insane enough to repurchase the AMX 40 (noooooooooooooo) and B1 for this weekend. I already did one stupid thing by repurchasing the Awful Panther, but that's also the only tank that I have never gotten any kind of mastery badge in (though the first time around I only used it for three games before deciding that it was crap).
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 10:16   Link #12422
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Got yet another Ace Tanker in the tank everybody loves to hate!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Low expected XP values plus the fact that most people drop the tank after they get the M4 Sherman or T1 Heavy means it's not hard to get Ace Tanker in the M3 Lee if you're not a scrub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Speaking of things that people love to hate, I'm wondering if I'm insane enough to repurchase the AMX 40 (noooooooooooooo) and B1 for this weekend. I already did one stupid thing by repurchasing the Awful Panther, but that's also the only tank that I have never gotten any kind of mastery badge in (though the first time around I only used it for three games before deciding that it was crap).
Why not wait for future buffs before purchasing them? The AMX 40 might get a horsepower or penetration buff in the future, considering how a ton of tanks are being rebalanced this year.

And light scouts will be better to play after 9.1 because (aside from the tier 4 scouts) they'll have a 3-tier spread like all the other tanks.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 11:27   Link #12423
Gravitas Free Zone

Looks like the Chaffee is still screwed though.

Decided that I wasn't crazy for XP enough to get either of the French Tier 4s again (though my B1 record actually wasn't too bad).

And I did manage a 3rd Class mastery in the AFK Panther this morning. I still am having the problem that staying back and helping the team from the flanks and rear until later in the game is not a usable plan if the entire team is turnips.
Old 2014-05-10, 11:30   Link #12424
LeoXiao
思想工作

Oh wow, they gave the higher-tier light tanks the exact buff I was hoping for. I hope 9.1 fixes my client too.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 11:34   Link #12425
Gravitas Free Zone

Speaking of turnips, how come after Malinovka was altered to make it more balanced it is now even MORE campy?
Old 2014-05-10, 12:23   Link #12426
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Low expected XP values plus the fact that most people drop the tank after they get the M4 Sherman or T1 Heavy means it's not hard to get Ace Tanker in the M3 Lee if you're not a scrub.
Spoilsport.

Still, you've got to admit that doing it twice in as many consecutive days is something else altogether.

Images
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 13:12   Link #12427
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Ladies and gents, I present to you the worst pubbie in World of Tanks. I bet this idiot is incapable of even wiping the drool from their face.
Old 2014-05-10, 13:35   Link #12428
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Ladies and gents, I present to you the worst pubbie in World of Tanks. I bet this idiot is incapable of even wiping the drool from their face.
so much for russian bias. I almost spilled my coffee watching that.
Old 2014-05-10, 13:41   Link #12429
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Well...... I've seen worse...

Courtesy of an acquaintance from the states.

Images

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 13:57   Link #12430
Gravitas Free Zone

Images
Random blingy Chi-Nu Kai.
I may never tire of seeing this glitch.

This...

Images
Just die already.

I got screwed by RNG, so that when I was trying to hill peekaboo versus the 3601 and the 220, my shots kept hitting the ground two feet in front of me. That resulted in them managing to do a lot of damage and finally rushing me while I had 1 HP... and then they started getting screwed by RNG because short 88mm (silly gun anyway) rounds were bouncing off of me, and the 220's 76mm standard continues to be terrible. And yet neither of them shot HE or tried to ram...

In the end, I was killed by the M5 Stuart, but only after I bounced one of its shots also. What was left of my side eventually won on capping instead of trying to chase the M5 down. It finally moved from the NW corner after I had died.
Old 2014-05-10, 15:00   Link #12431
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Well...... I've seen worse...

Courtesy of an acquaintance from the states.

Images
LOL! Aznfobboi is actually my friend that I play with often.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 16:22   Link #12432
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Small world =] !

On a random note, the 80.000 credit reward for winning 5 battles has come in handy indeed. I've managed to pick up some equipment as well as the Russian T-150 all in one night, its a little unwieldy so far and seems a lot more sluggish than the KV1.

Old 2014-05-10, 22:49   Link #12433
Gravitas Free Zone

Tried the 59-16 with the 57mm, then tried it with the autoloader. Ended up getting a series of Hidden Village and Severogorsk, or, Maps That Prove That WG Hates Scouting.

Though there was also a game of Westfield where I managed to get very high up the scoreboard in a loss because the 57mm is plenty enough to plink at BatChats and WTE100s from long range.

The autoloader... I went with a suggestion I'd seen to load half AP and half HE, skipping APCR entirely because it's still useless. Broke some tracks and that was about it, because of zero arty to shoot and very little useful cover.

At least the XP cost for the WZ isn't ridiculous.
Old 2014-05-10, 23:19   Link #12434
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Lots of suffering going around this weekend, and no surprise, my win rate is once more plummetting due to an awesome amount of potatoes and tomatoes on both East AND West. I mean, seriously, HOW can someone throw an 8-2 advantage? Ugh.
Old 2014-05-11, 00:38   Link #12435
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Lots of suffering going around this weekend, and no surprise, my win rate is once more plummetting due to an awesome amount of potatoes and tomatoes on both East AND West. I mean, seriously, HOW can someone throw an 8-2 advantage? Ugh.
If you're going to be around for a while, I might join within an hour or so.

Misery loves company.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 05:02   Link #12436
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

From FTR:

- Borsig is going to get nerfed
- RU251 German LT8 will come this year in the same patch as the US light tanks
- tier 8 light tanks will be buffed

Images

As a proud Rhm-Borsig owner, I think this stupidly OP tank can't get nerfed sooner. Bring it on, WG!

And I guess this means the AMX 13 90 will be even better than it already is.
Old 2014-05-11, 07:54   Link #12437
Gravitas Free Zone

Hah, a reason to continue torturing the crew that I have in the AFK Panther. "Why do you hate us? We could be driving a Tiger or something."

Actually, the previous FTR said that Tier 4 lights would be capped at Tier 7 instead of 8.

Yesterday I finished all of the easy nations for the T34 mission, leaving about 50k XP each for France, China, and Japan. Japan might actually win that race because I have more tanks in that tree and none of them have ridiculous handling quirks, just one set of common flaws. This is unlike the French tree, where every vehicle plays completely differently.

On a related note, the Ke-Ho is fun.
Old 2014-05-11, 08:11   Link #12438
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

The Chinese WZ tank line is worth it when you hit tier 7 and up, though i've only gone up to tier 8 in that line before stopping, but you'll like its mobility and quick shooting... still thinking about if i should continue up the line if I come back. (This is on my alt account btw)
Old 2014-05-11, 08:27   Link #12439
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
long gone are the days of purple stats for me, and this weekend isn't helping. I don't really bother checking stats very often anymore as most sessions now are pretty dire, so I don't really need to check a website to know that they're not gonna be great =|

That aside I was surprised to get this with the KV-IS so soon.

Images

Shame i didn't have premium as I'd have been hitting almost 10.000xp for that one game =/

Old 2014-05-11, 22:35   Link #12440
Gravitas Free Zone

I think the Ke-Ho is about the most fun I've had in a Tier 4 light... it gets regular MM, it's reasonably fast, the hull traverse is very fast, it's small, and the gun has good performance.

I have 88000 XP remaining to complete the T34 mission. It occurs to me now that if I'd started off with straight doubles last week instead of focusing on individual nations, I would be finished by now. However, when I started this grind out I was planning to go a little more slowly and leisurely... and then they pulled an x5 for this weekend and made a mess of my plan. Japan is still looking like it'll go fairly well. France continues to be aggravating, and as I expected, my tiny number of Chinese tanks makes that grind very long. I refuse to purchase the IS-2.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks