AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-12-25, 09:18   Link #361
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

About the Kokoro Connect scandal topic,

There was a (now locked) thread about it here. I was really furious that my favorite seiyuu Eri Kitamura became a victim of the collateral damage from that incident. And foreigners were behind the misdirected rage at her - so it shows voice acting isn't just serious business in Japan, it's also srs bsns in some circles across the Internet...
Old 2012-12-25, 09:44   Link #362
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Yeah, KitaEri shouldn't have been involved but somehow she was. I remember her twitter account was taken down by her company for a while. She has one up again so thats a good thing at least. She is one of my favs too so I was so mad when she was caught up in all that.
Old 2012-12-25, 10:20   Link #363
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Yeah, KitaEri shouldn't have been involved but somehow she was. I remember her twitter account was taken down by her company for a while. She has one up again so thats a good thing at least. She is one of my favs too so I was so mad when she was caught up in all that.
That account is managed by her agency though and gives nothing but news updates, so it's not her tweeting anymore.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 10:49   Link #364
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That account is managed by her agency though and gives nothing but news updates, so it's not her tweeting anymore.
That is correct. A large majority of recent tweets from the reopened account are just updates of whenever new stuff has been posted on her blog (which is also managed by her talent agency, IIRC) on the agency's website.

Lucky are those who greeted her a Happy Birthday and got a personal reply on Twitter... it may never happen again.
Old 2012-12-25, 11:16   Link #365
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, KitaEri shouldn't have been involved but somehow she was.
Rumors say she was close to one of the producers of the show (if you know what I mean), who was blamed as one of the culprits of the Kokorogate Scandal. So the angry fans called her a slut and dick-spammed her site.

Spoiler for spam:

But yes, she should not have been involved in this. She has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-12-25 at 11:58. Reason: Oops. My bad.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 11:33   Link #366
Mura
Now or Never

I see now.....thanks for that info guys. I just hope that she won't get fewer roles because of this.
Old 2012-12-26, 20:14   Link #367
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
I see now.....thanks for that info guys. I just hope that she won't get fewer roles because of this.
Same here but since she is completely innocent I highly doubt that will happen.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 20:47   Link #368
matteas
Member Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Rumors say she was close to one of the producers of the show (if you know what I mean), who was blamed as one of the culprits of the Kokorogate Scandal. So the angry fans called her a slut and dick-spammed her site.

Spoiler for spam:

But yes, she should not have been involved in this. She has absolutely nothing to do with it.
She was also accused of having landed several roles only thanks to the producer in question, who happened to be in the production staff of several titles where Kitaeri had some role.

It is also sad that quite a few people who spammed her twitter account with those pics didn't even know why they were doing it; they simply went with the crowd that was put into motion by an individual who proposed that idea, saying something along the lines that Kitaeri was a bitch who deserved it.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 21:35   Link #369
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
She was also accused of having landed several roles only thanks to the producer in question, who happened to be in the production staff of several titles where Kitaeri had some role.
Those who closely listen to how she voices characters would be able to tell she's a legit seiyuu - who should be capable of getting roles without resorting to shady methods. She's not some unpopular rookie who has questionable voice acting skills.

Quote:
It is also sad that quite a few people who spammed her twitter account with those pics didn't even know why they were doing it;
Without any actual proof or evidence, such accusations remain as they are - as unsubstantiated, malicious accusations. Some of those might also have been cases of rabid haters jumping on a pretext to attack her, but what makes me shake my head the most about them is what you just cited - I can't believe there are those who jumped on the bandwagon just for the heck of it.

One might wonder if some of those who were led to believe were being influenced by too many bad doujins about fictional idols and seiyuu...
Old 2012-12-28, 23:20   Link #370
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Those who closely listen to how she voices characters would be able to tell she's a legit seiyuu - who should be capable of getting roles without resorting to shady methods. She's not some unpopular rookie who has questionable voice acting skills.
I do believe KitaEri is a legit seiyuu (I liked her as Nao from OniKoto), it just so happens that she gets a lot of roles from that producer. Okay, so what? I mean, right?

In our country, TV and movie actors get 80-90% of their roles from one and only one producer.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 11:47   Link #371
matteas
Member Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post

Without any actual proof or evidence, such accusations remain as they are - as unsubstantiated, malicious accusations. Some of those might also have been cases of rabid haters jumping on a pretext to attack her, but what makes me shake my head the most about them is what you just cited - I can't believe there are those who jumped on the bandwagon just for the heck of it.

One might wonder if some of those who were led to believe were being influenced by too many bad doujins about fictional idols and seiyuu...
The twitter barrage of pics came from 4chan. Anyone who has ever stepped there knows that anything is possible over there. You don't need that many people to spam someone's twitter account, so it's enough to get a few people on your side and 4chan is a great place to find some people who will enjoy spamming someone with photos of their phalli. However, I hear that the d**k-spammers were eventually joined by some Kitaeri haters from 2chan.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 12:12   Link #372
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
I really wouldn't worry about Kitaeri.

Kanemoto Hisako who was actually involved in the scandal has no issues finding roles,she'll be in Kotoura-san this winter and Photo Kanno and Suisei no Gargantia this Spring, she also had a few supporting roles this season.

So if she can find roles I'm sure Kitaeri can to.

Last edited by totoum; 2012-12-29 at 13:53.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 13:20   Link #373
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A couple points on KitaEri...

1) It's not uncommon for people in a managerial/supervisory position (such as a Producer) to grow accustomed to working with certain specific people. I know in pro sports, certain coaches had favorite players that would almost inevitably end up joining that coach as he moved from one team to the next. Within the realm of anime, KyoAni frequently keeps going back to the same voice talent over and over and over again. It's because familiarity can breed a certain comfort level. You know that a certain seiyu is dependable (if not ideal) for certain types of roles, so you keep coming back to him or her.

2) Madoka Magica alone should put to rest any notion that KitaEri isn't a talented and legit seiyu.
Old 2012-12-29, 15:16   Link #374
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Since the Kokoro Connect incident already has its own lengthy thread, perhaps you might want to take this now somewhat off-topic discussion over there.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 16:32   Link #375
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^This will be hard to do since the thread is closed now.
Old 2013-01-02, 20:31   Link #376
Kakkou
Tch.

Came across what looks like a Chinese Top 10 Male/Female Popular Seiyuu ranking and thought it might be of interest.

2012 Top 10 Male Seiyuu:

Spoiler for 2011 ranking for comparison:

2012 Top 10 Female Seiyuu:

Spoiler for 2011 ranking for comparison:

Last edited by Kakkou; 2013-01-03 at 01:39.
Old 2013-01-03, 06:38   Link #377
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
2012 Top 10 Male Seiyuu:
Is that Uchiyama Kouki wearing Yoshino's hairstyle at 00:21 ?
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 09:07   Link #378
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Is that Uchiyama Kouki wearing Yoshino's hairstyle at 00:21 ?
Man it didn't even hit me when I saw it but now that you mention it... it's really, really close. That was from last year's Guilty Crown Festival.
Old 2013-01-03, 11:10   Link #379
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As expected, Kana won again

Although to be perfectly honest, I think Miyuki Sawashiro deserved to win more this year. Can't believe she's only #9.
Old 2013-01-03, 11:20   Link #380
Mura
Now or Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As expected, Kana won again

Although to be perfectly honest, I think Miyuki Sawashiro deserved to win more this year. Can't believe she's only #9.
Thar surprised me as well, I felt Sawashiro should've ranked higher. Well other than that I had no issues with the rankings.