AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-10-21, 20:22   Link #41
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
So is it the same for you? Do you still enjoy watching the anime even though you've read the manga?

Or is shippuden just a really bad anime and its not because i've read the manga?

Love to hear your thoughts.
Oh no, it's the manga did not ruin the anime for you all... the fact that the anime is no longer as good as it was before you started reading the manga is nothing but a
coincidence.

Fact of the matter is, the anime's quality has drop greatly since Naruto vs Sasuke. The poeple running the anime have no talent of their own... it's only normal that they would try to create filler material to make sure the anime doesn't catch up to the manga, however since they have no talent they do a very horrible job at making filler material. for instance the filler material they add to lengthen fights only serve to make the fight drag on and at times it doesn't feel right. really now, if the anime had the same level of quality it had way back during like the chunin exams, you would more than likely still be enjoying the anime as well as the anime

a few exmples of what the anime did wrong and how they probably could have done it right...
-Garra vs deidara... most of the fight was deidara launching bombs and garra effortlessly stopping the attacks; the anime team could have mixed it up a bit with makign garra making more of an offesive or havign deidara do something more interesting things with his bombs... the fight was very fast in the manga, and the anime should have kept up that same pace, but instead they made it drag...

-Garra vs Deidara... the villages make an attempt to take out deidara with ballistas... kind of a nice idea, but poorly done as deidara dodged it all so effortlessly it make the attack seem long and pointless; god forbid deidara build up a sweat. One thing the anime probably could have done was have several sand jounins attempt an attack on deidara... Puppets can fight at long range, ninjas can have a variety of long range weapons from shurikens to bows, and it would not at all be hard to believe that one of those ninjas would have a bird summon they could ride into battle.

-Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori... though it ended very nicely and it was the only good fight in shippuuden so far, the earlier parts of the fight dragged... in the manga, Sasori only used 2 of the 3 scrolls on his back; the anime could have easily had Sasori use the third scroll before he sent out the kazekage, giving him one more puppet to fight with.

-i don't think i really need to go into detail how long it took Kakashi and naruto to catch Deidara, or the idiocy behind the team gai mirror fight (it should not take 3 minutes for a fighter to realize they are getting tired and their enemy is not!)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 20:34   Link #42
BlackShinobi07

I agree with you on all points. Most likely this isnt the same anime team that produced part one. It couldnt be. Even if part one had fillers they did it so nicely that it was seemless. The action flowed without any bumps or many pauses and actually supported the source material rather than slowing it down like whats been happening in shippuden.

So yea, has to be a different team doing shippuden. And if a new team really has taken over i wonder why they havent been fired yet.?

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-10-22 at 18:54.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 15:16   Link #43
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
I agree with you on all points. Most likely this isnt the same anime team that produced part one. It couldnt be. Even if part one had fillers they did it so nicely that it was seemless. The action flowed with out any bumps or many pauses and actually supported the the source material rather than slowing it down like whats been happening in shippuden.

So yea, has to be a different team doing shippuden. And if a new team really has taken over i wonder why they havent been fired yet.?
though i don't know for sure, i definatly don't think they changed up the anime team. What's changed is not the anime team but how the anime team is being managaed. Back during the chunin exams, the anime was safe from catching up with the manga; the anime team had nothing to worry about so they were able to keep material close to what it was in the manga. They would only add a little bit to the series that the manga did not have. However, now the anime team is just plain paranoid about catching up with the manga, so instead of making small changes they are making huge changes. The anime team obviously had no talent of it's own, and Kishi was where all the greatness of Naruto comes from... when the anime team interfers very little with the anime adaption, adding very little material, their lack of talent does not show, but when they add LOTs of material as they did with the filler season and as they are doing with Shippudden, their lack of talent becomes quite obvious.

There's evidence to help suggest their lack of skill in the first part... for one thing, filler arcs were always terrible, even before the filler season. Another example would be the temari vs TenTen fight... even though the fight was ok, a few things pop up that feel rather inconsistant... most obvious one that comes to mind is Tenten's special attack when she stayed in the air with the scrolls rotating around her and she started throwing weapons... the reason it seems so off is becuase she is defing gravity in a way no other naruto character has ever done before; she is really floating in the air and there is no explanation as to how she stays up. Characters walking on walls is explained through chakra, and characters seen in midair is usually explained though it being just a dramatic effect; the characters aren't actually floating, their just moving in slow motion or something (like when Lee using his lotus on garra)... I might also question Temari being able to deflect tenten's attacks without moving...

So ya, i would say that more than likely it's the same anime team working on naruto throughout the whole thing... it's just that in shippudden, they are adding a lot more of their own material than they ever did during the part one so thier lack of talent is more obvious... the anime team always sucked, it's just they were hiding it all behind Kishi's work in the first part

Grant it, this talk of different anime teams does make me wonder a bit... Battles like the 3rd hokage vs the 1st and 2nd hokage, Sasuke vs Naruto, and the end of the Sasori fight all seemed to have different and better animation than the regular fights in the show... what i'm wondering is the anime team just putting a lot more effort into the animation of those eps, or do they have a special team they call in for animating those fights or something... there's a very clear difference in animation there

Another thing i kind of thought about... in the last post i mentioned the posibility of the anime team having Sasori use threes scrolls instead of just two... it makes me wonder... it seems odd that Kishi gave Sasori three scrolls but only had him use two. i kind of wonder, could it be that Kishi did that on purpose to give the anime team something to work with for making the sasori fight longer? i guess that's something that only Kishi could answer... really, i think the anime team is just plain blind for not making use of that third scroll as a way to extending the sasori fight
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 16:37   Link #44
Gabrius
CROCODILE!!!!

Has reading the manga ruined the anime for me?

No, watching the anime has ruined the anime for me.
COMPLETELY against dubs, and other forms of artwork molestation.... keep it in it's original form - don't worry about milking it for every possible cent... oh wait, I forgot, thats the good ol' American Way!!!
Gabrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 18:43   Link #45
iBeast

No. Naruto is the slowest Anime out there.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 21:05   Link #46
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Lol yeah. Naruto anime just sucks way too much except for some episodes here and there. I just like keeping myself ahead of what's happening. I can't wait to ROFLMAO when the dubbed filler episodes get to the US.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 19:12   Link #47
mayhem

The emotional parts no because they can express emotion better in the anime but it has ruined many of the revealing moments behind the mysteries. However the moments of action don't really change because of the addition of suspenseful motion and music within the anime gets the viewer relatively interested at the moment of action or tragedy. Plus they are distanced so far from each other that the exact specifics are hard to remember for anyone.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 09:09   Link #48
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
though i don't know for sure, i definatly don't think they changed up the anime team. What's changed is not the anime team but how the anime team is being managaed. Back during the chunin exams, the anime was safe from catching up with the manga; the anime team had nothing to worry about so they were able to keep material close to what it was in the manga. They would only add a little bit to the series that the manga did not have. However, now the anime team is just plain paranoid about catching up with the manga, so instead of making small changes they are making huge changes. The anime team obviously had no talent of it's own, and Kishi was where all the greatness of Naruto comes from... when the anime team interfers very little with the anime adaption, adding very little material, their lack of talent does not show, but when they add LOTs of material as they did with the filler season and as they are doing with Shippudden, their lack of talent becomes quite obvious.

There's evidence to help suggest their lack of skill in the first part... for one thing, filler arcs were always terrible, even before the filler season. Another example would be the temari vs TenTen fight... even though the fight was ok, a few things pop up that feel rather inconsistant... most obvious one that comes to mind is Tenten's special attack when she stayed in the air with the scrolls rotating around her and she started throwing weapons... the reason it seems so off is becuase she is defing gravity in a way no other naruto character has ever done before; she is really floating in the air and there is no explanation as to how she stays up. Characters walking on walls is explained through chakra, and characters seen in midair is usually explained though it being just a dramatic effect; the characters aren't actually floating, their just moving in slow motion or something (like when Lee using his lotus on garra)... I might also question Temari being able to deflect tenten's attacks without moving...

So ya, i would say that more than likely it's the same anime team working on naruto throughout the whole thing... it's just that in shippudden, they are adding a lot more of their own material than they ever did during the part one so thier lack of talent is more obvious... the anime team always sucked, it's just they were hiding it all behind Kishi's work in the first part

Grant it, this talk of different anime teams does make me wonder a bit... Battles like the 3rd hokage vs the 1st and 2nd hokage, Sasuke vs Naruto, and the end of the Sasori fight all seemed to have different and better animation than the regular fights in the show... what i'm wondering is the anime team just putting a lot more effort into the animation of those eps, or do they have a special team they call in for animating those fights or something... there's a very clear difference in animation there

Another thing i kind of thought about... in the last post i mentioned the posibility of the anime team having Sasori use threes scrolls instead of just two... it makes me wonder... it seems odd that Kishi gave Sasori three scrolls but only had him use two. i kind of wonder, could it be that Kishi did that on purpose to give the anime team something to work with for making the sasori fight longer? i guess that's something that only Kishi could answer... really, i think the anime team is just plain blind for not making use of that third scroll as a way to extending the sasori fight
Maybe their budget for the show has been severely cut. That would explain the majority of horribly animated episodes. The fisrt seanon was spectacular because they just getting the show off the ground and was trying to build a fanbase. Now that that has been accomplished they figure we'll watch anything they air even if its filled with filler and poor animation. Guess they were right becuase every week the anime discusion thread is filled with opinions and reaction to the lastes shippuden episode.
Old 2007-10-24, 09:28   Link #49
Setsuko Tsuchiya

It does... like i read the chrono crusade manga and then the anime and just like you said it has added fillers
Setsuko Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 12:48   Link #50
Turambar
Procrastination Major

Think I had read up to the rescue gaara arc when I started watching the anime, which I enjoyed for the most part, at least until I noticed that everything after ep 135 was never-ending filler >_<

The naruto manga is all that's left that interests me now, Shi*pudding just flat out sucks. They don't even cover kakashi gaiden, which was freakin awesome.
Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 14:14   Link #51
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
Think I had read up to the rescue gaara arc when I started watching the anime, which I enjoyed for the most part, at least until I noticed that everything after ep 135 was never-ending filler >_<

The naruto manga is all that's left that interests me now, Shi*pudding just flat out sucks. They don't even cover kakashi gaiden, which was freakin awesome.
I know. Im still a little perplexed as to why they left that out. I mean we would have atlest seen Yondaime in action.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-10-24 at 19:18.
Old 2007-10-24, 19:08   Link #52
FrostyIsShibby
Vagina

Send a message via AIM to FrostyIsShibby Send a message via MSN to FrostyIsShibby
meh, i guess i'm in the rare 1% that enjoys the anime

i read the manga always and it doesn't take away from the anime for me, but i've always been that way, people spoil movies with major plot twists but i still enjoy seeing those movies, it's not a big deal to me

and for all the people complaining about the anime, get over it, first you get 100 episodes of filler and you all want to slash wrists and now that they're taking precautions you get all pissed, no pleasing this crowd

but maybe that's how you all want it, wallowing in self-misery

so like you!!!
FrostyIsShibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 19:31   Link #53
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyIsShibby View Post
meh, i guess i'm in the rare 1% that enjoys the anime

i read the manga always and it doesn't take away from the anime for me, but i've always been that way, people spoil movies with major plot twists but i still enjoy seeing those movies, it's not a big deal to me

and for all the people complaining about the anime, get over it, first you get 100 episodes of filler and you all want to slash wrists and now that they're taking precautions you get all pissed, no pleasing this crowd

but maybe that's how you all want it, wallowing in self-misery

so like you!!!
Taking precautions is one thing, but what they're doing with Shippuden is unbearable to watch.
Old 2007-10-24, 19:40   Link #54
FrostyIsShibby
Vagina

Send a message via AIM to FrostyIsShibby Send a message via MSN to FrostyIsShibby
well, i'm definitely not going to say it's perfect but i would much rather have extended cuts rather then have 50+ episodes of ridiculous rehashed plots

and i think someone said it before me but this arc, in my opinion as well, wasn't all that great

but i don't think it is anywhere near unbearable, so far i've had more moments of enjoyment then moments that make me cringe
FrostyIsShibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 08:40   Link #55
smatdesa

Reading manga for me does not spoil the anime enjoyment.

Having said that, some animes i prefer to just read the manga, Naruto is just too darn slow and all the scene has been dragged so long that I dont feel like watching the anime anymore unless it's new material.

Some anime, like Bleach, proceed on a fast pace, so reading the manga didn't spoil the anime much for me.

Like some previous poster, the anime of Shippunden ruined Shippunden for me. :P

Last edited by smatdesa; 2007-10-28 at 21:16. Reason: edited for correctness
smatdesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 11:23   Link #56
Zek
Eyebrows...

The manga didn't ruin the anime for me - I started reading before the Tsunade arc - until Shippuden. Which is completely awful, and the only possible entertainment value to be derived from it is finding out what happens next which I already know. I used to look forward to seeing the story animated, now I just skim the raw every week because 9 out of 10 times the animation and pacing are crap.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 23:52   Link #57
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post
No. Naruto is the slowest Anime out there.
Sorry, but Dragon Ball-Z held that title first.
Old 2007-10-31, 16:02   Link #58
Gabrius
CROCODILE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
Sorry, but Dragon Ball-Z held that title first.

.....and Naruto has taken the title from DBZ
COMPLETELY against dubs, and other forms of artwork molestation.... keep it in it's original form - don't worry about milking it for every possible cent... oh wait, I forgot, thats the good ol' American Way!!!
Gabrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 16:56   Link #59
Pentium
Uchiha

The anime is extremely poor in my opinion I mean they have gotten so lazy its rediculous! They continue to use the same background and animation, e.g. when Kakashi and Naruto chasing Deidara for 3/4 episodes (look at the background).

I didn't like Naruto's transformation into the two tails, yeah the effect was cool but his face looked a bit off, looked wierd :\

The extraction process of Gara again that was boring as they showed the same animation.

So many bad points to the anime they need to butch up and speed it up. I was hoping to get this series on DVD but if the end results looks like this I'll rather pass.

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 22:15   Link #60
The Blacknoah
Maniacal Dictator

Message from the Blacknoah:

In a word, yep. After reading the manga, I had high expectations of the Shippuden anime. But after watching the Deidara vs. Gaara battle (which I expected to be at the level of awesomeness of Kyuubi Naruto vs. Haku), those hopes were utterly crushed by the anime version of the Sabaku Soso...

Now I'm just reading the manga & don't bother with the anime.
The Blacknoah is offline   Reply With Quote