Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-24, 19:53   Link #801
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
*laughs* I like hearing all the Sasuke fanatics in denial.
You mean me? If so im not a Sasuke fanatic. Its just that, in the end, he is better.
Old 2007-10-24, 19:55   Link #802
Sasuke_Bateman
No

I've got nothing against Naruto, it's just that he's not as awesome as Sasuke is. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 2007-10-24, 19:56   Link #803
FrostyIsShibby
Vagina

Send a message via AIM to FrostyIsShibby Send a message via MSN to FrostyIsShibby
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Since he still uses a clone, he hasnt completed it yet.
well alright, full mastery, maybe not

but it still does the damage and even with that, i still don't get how you can deny naruto's genius
Spoiler for rasengan:

look at the shadow clones, he mastered that move in a day, jounin level and used it on a large scale his first time

i get sasuke being the 'more' genius of the two, but you can't deny Naruto's own genius
Old 2007-10-24, 19:58   Link #804
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
i get sasuke being the 'more' genius of the two, but you can't deny Naruto's own genius
Naruto's genius of what?
Old 2007-10-24, 20:00   Link #805
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Sasuke will always be better than Naruto. This crap about a drop out can beat a genius through hard work is bullshit. It's not like Sasuke sit on his ass all day eating remen, he actually works for it.
-While you are correct that Sasuke does indeed wotk for his own benefit you are wrong in stating that Naruto doesn't do the same. The entire premise of Naruto and Sasuke's relationship is that Naruto constantly plays "catch up" with Sasuke until he surpasses him. Then Sasuke gets stronger and Naruto repeats the process. To describe it I would say that for every 100 push-ups that Sasuke does Naruto does at least 100 more. He has a much more difficult road to travel, one that is filled with many obstacles but in the end he WILL come to equal or best Sasuke.

Quote:
I know right. What some people dont seem to understand that no matter how strong Naruto may appear to become (I dont care what anyone says, Naruto didnt learn shit in his two yrs of training with Jiraiya while Sasuke became jonin level or higher) Sasuke will always be better because HE DOES TRAIN TOO. Not to mention he's a genius.
-Haven't you ever wondered why it is that Sasuke has such "keen" instincts when it comes to being a ninja? While it is partially due to heredity (the Sharingan Kekkei Genkai) it is also credited to his upbringing. Sasuke was born to a prestigious clan, one that is held in great regard. I guess what I am trying to say is that being a genius isn't genetics. No one is born pre-programmed for a certain level of intellingence. It is the environment that shapes us who we are. Let me pose a hypothetical: what kind of ninja would Naruto have become if he had a family? And I am not reffering to his biological parents either. Though only hypothetical it is quite likely that he would have been a completely different person. It's not that Naruto didn't learn anything while in Jiraiya's custody but rather what he had learned was simply not enough. As I mentioned above, Naruto trains at least twice as much as Sasuke because he knows he has to. He was not blessed with a "mahogan" (magic eye) or the prestige of a famous clan or a real family. As such he HAS to work harder to achieve his goals unlike Sasuke. Say what you will but you cannot tell me that this is wrong in its entirety. Sasuke does train I will give you that since it is the truth but if that is the case then you also need to acknowledge the fact that Naruto works even harder than Sasuke to become as strong as he is, if not stronger.
Old 2007-10-24, 20:00   Link #806
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
You mean me? If so im not a Sasuke fanatic. Its just that, in the end, he is better.
I wasn't just referring to you buddy. And you shouldn't refer to things "in the end" because we definitely aren't at that point in the story yet. Not by a long shot, but it matters little anyway because its almost unoriginal in its acceptance that in these shonen stories the underdog always comes out on top.
Old 2007-10-24, 20:01   Link #807
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyIsShibby View Post
look at the shadow clones, he mastered that move in a day, jounin level and used it on a large scale his first time
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2007-10-24, 20:02   Link #808
FrostyIsShibby
Vagina

Send a message via AIM to FrostyIsShibby Send a message via MSN to FrostyIsShibby
i don't mean to be rude blackshinobi, but do you have a chapter reference?

i have no recollection of that
Quote:
Naruto's genius of what?
i guess reading what has been previously said is too tough a task for you

Last edited by FrostyIsShibby; 2007-10-24 at 20:08. Reason: above post
Old 2007-10-24, 20:07   Link #809
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
i guess reading what has been previously said is too tough a task for you
Because it's a waste of my time.

I sort of agree with Fukitsu Naruto, the best Naruto can do is being equal to Sasuke.
Old 2007-10-24, 20:12   Link #810
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Because it's a waste of my time.

I sort of agree with Fukitsu Naruto, the best Naruto can do is being equal to Sasuke.
See that's the problem with fanboys. There's no sense of dignity in their beliefs or praises while making one character exceptional and the others disregarded as unimportant and under a shadow of their own favoritism. I'd like to see one Sasuke fan that can be a fan while also having some composure and sense of unbiased reality. The fanboys will ask why we bash their favorite character. It isn't the character itself most of the time, its the people who usher him as something more than what he is. Have some humility and grow-up some of you Sasuke fans. Seriously.
Old 2007-10-24, 20:16   Link #811
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
See that's the problem with fanboys. There's no sense of dignity in their beliefs or praises while making one character exceptional and the others disregarded as unimportant and under a shadow of their own favoritism. I'd like to see one Sasuke fan that can be a fan while also having some composure and sense of unbiased reality. The fanboys will ask why we bash their favorite character. It isn't the character itself most of the time, its the people who usher him as something more than what he is. Have some humility and grow-up some of you Sasuke fans. Seriously.
I don’t care why people hate Sasuke. I like Sasuke and that’s enough for me. People can judge the “fan boy” way of speaking but do we really care? Heavens no. Sasuke is better than Jesus and bigger than Hilter.
Old 2007-10-24, 20:25   Link #812
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I don’t care why people hate Sasuke. I like Sasuke and that’s enough for me. People can judge the “fan boy” way of speaking but do we really care? Heavens no. Sasuke is better than Jesus and bigger than Hilter.
-But if that is the case my friend then why put down one character when you know someone else supports him/her just to make your own favorite appear in a better light?
Old 2007-10-24, 20:31   Link #813
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-But if that is the case my friend then why put down one character when you know someone else supports him/her just to make your own favorite appear in a better light?
I don’t call it put it down, I call it stating one’s opinion. If you feel like i'm bashing your favorite character i'll stop because i do actually like you, i think you're ok . But when you're not here...
Old 2007-10-24, 20:39   Link #814
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I don’t call it put it down, I call it stating one’s opinion. If you feel like i'm bashing your favorite character i'll stop because i do actually like you, i think you're ok . But when you're not here...
-Well it's not like I am trying to change the world of Naruto fandom you know. I have made peace with the fact that no matter what there will be people that praise the character you may not be fond of. I think that understanding that is probably the best thing when it comes to discussions like this. But then again I suppose it is necessary to try and prove your statements, even if you do have to insult/discredit someone's favorite character in a particular story. Mind you though I am neutral towards most characters in Naruto so feel no oligation to stop your opinions on my account.

Quote:

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-10-24, 21:02   Link #815
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
my answer to this...
i will comment on whos stronger in the end
as the thread states who is stronger in the end
clearly the manga and plot have far to go :P
Old 2007-10-25, 00:45   Link #816
Ryuujin

Quote:
That's because every time Naruto catches up, the bar gets moved. Sasuke can't stand the idea of Naruto being as strong as he is (case in point: the fight on the hospital roof)...

Also, I said it before and will again: Naruto's probably coming out the winner in the long run. Ideological high ground and all that...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Old 2007-10-25, 01:30   Link #817
amOKchen
duel me

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-25, 11:49   Link #818
SGT.Mitsuki
I'm Darker Than Black
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for Saving Thy Bandwith ^^:
i agree naruto aint working hard, so hes just a drop out.
and sasuke is a genius who works hard so he shoulnt be beaten by a drop out who never realy worked for it.

Quote:
i agree, it realy makes me wonder wth jiraya did teach naruto, couse... hell,
naruto hasent changed a bit n hes still wearing the same old uniform (besides the fact they changed it a Little) (unlike other characters who definitly got a new look in those years)

Quote:
yeah i agree, hes still using 2 hands to make them then, while jiraya does it with one, even kakashi knows rasengan better becouse kakashi can do it with just 1 hand unlike naruto :/

Quote:
*laughs* I like hearing all the Sasuke fanatics in denial.
acualy i dont even like sasuke :/ its an arrogant *********** who is just acting stupid :/ (in my opinion)

tho naruto is more of a jerk (in my opinion) since hes going on and on about wanting to save his best friend n shit,
while sasuke saved himself,
and when ever theres a fight where naruto is envolved,
naruto acually doesnt do a **** but cry how much everything that is going on sucks.....
followed by that at the end of the fight when 1 of his team mates killed the oponent n did all the work,
its naruto whos acting like he did the job :/

same with gaara last time right ?
i meen: " I HAVE TO SAVE GAARA " was all he yelled,
in the end all naruto did was slowing every1 down, and let chiyo use a bit of his chakra for the jijutsu.

sayonara,
Mits

(got nuff about the same freaking topic (this one) which is on every site that has a forum, its not like it changes any1's opinion or changes anything about the series anyways... they should just make a sequal of naruto which takes a character from the thunder village or something cool as main char, with a story thats more realistic and mature, instead of getting thrown to death by kishimoto's same old crap of everlasting battles :/ i meen irl people go knock out or die in 1 clean hit of a fist, i meen yeah its an anime so its not real n i agree 1 ep for a battle is ok but not like 5 eps for 1 battle :/)

PS. if we look at the end its clear where its going, the story has been building to it for years now, akatsuki gets defeated, naruto and sasuke get a fight wich naruto wins (with alot of sentimental crap talk during the fight), naruto end up getting sakura, leaving hinata outa the game, sasuke comes back to konoha or dies in the fight with naruto on purpose or by saving him from something.
Old 2007-10-25, 11:54   Link #819
BlackShinobi07

Quote:

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2007-10-25, 12:32   Link #820
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Meh, reading the arguments in this thread, the pro-Sasuke side has given no support for their arguments, only said things like:
Quote:
Just saying "so-and-so character is the best and that's that" doesn't make it so.

Despite his faults, mainly lack of maturity of times, Naruto is far stronger, for several reasons:
1) The way overused technique, kage bunshin no jutsu and its more advanced version, tajuu kage bunshin no jutsu. One of the reasons that Naruto is superior is his ridiculous amount if chakra. I don't think you guys realize how amazing it really is that he can easily produce hundreds of clones again and again without all that much effort, considering the inordinate amount of chakra that would use up.
2) Rasengan. This technique, though not quite as flashy as Chidori, is far more powerful, especially when combined with Naruto's wind element or expanded into its larger form, oodama rasengan. Now some people have argued that using shadow clones makes him inferior in some way, but this is really another way that Naruto has his own genius, being able to master such an advanced technique successfully AND in a very, very short amount of time. It was about a week or so in the finding Tsunade arc.
3) Creativity. Naruto never gives up, so he tries just about anything to get out of pressing situations. For instance, in the Land of Waves arc, Naruto's combination attacks by transforming his clones into shuriken to get at Zabuza was nothing less than a stroke of genius. And figuring out how to use multiple shadow clones from the forbidden scroll (easily jounin level or above) when he wasn't even a genin yet was impressive.

And post-time skip, if Naruto can master the tailed kyuubi transformations, he will be unstoppable.