Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-14, 14:37   Link #1
Autumn Demon
~

Superior/Subordinate romances

I'm looking for a show where the two main characters are in some kind of superior/subordinate relationship. It doesn't have to be a romance show, but i would like for there to be at least hints of some kind of romantic feelings between the two characters. Could be either male/female or female/female; doesn't matter which sex is in the more dominant position.

The most basic example would be the master/servant relationships found in:
hayate no gotoku
xxxholic
kimi ga aruji de shitsuji ga ore de

Another type would be some kind of magical binding between characters like in:
inuyasha
zero no tsukaima
shakugan no shana
rozen maiden
shoujo kakumei utena
fate/stay night
kaibutsu oujo

Other examples:
maria-sama ga miteru (senpai / kouhai)
ai yori aoshi (fiancé / fiancée)
ghost hunt (employer / employee)
welcome to the nhk (meddlesome girl / hikikomori)

A list of all the anime i've seen can be found here.

Please give me some suggestions .
Old 2008-09-14, 14:56   Link #2
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Full Metal Panic! - Cute 16 year old Lieutenant Colonel Testarossa likes courageous Sergeant Sagara, but Sergeant Sagara likes the school girl he's in charged of protecting.

Sequels FMP! Fumoffu!? and FMP!: The Second Raid. 26 + 13 + 13 episodes

Busou Renkin - Kazuki was killed when he tried to protect a girl, but the girl turns out to be someone who was luring out the target. Because of causing Kazuki's death, Warrior Tokiko ressurects Kazuki and gives him a second chance at life. But Kazuki gains the powers Warrior Tokiko has and begins to train under her. They will have a great romance and a great adventure from then on. Total of 26 episodes, great ending, beautiful even.

Top wo Nerae! 1 and 2 - The girls love their Onee-sama, in Top wo Nerae!1, the onee-sama loves the coach as well. There's no need to describe too much of this show, just watch it and know that its a mecha anime. Top!1 is a 1990 classic with graphics beautiful to behold even today and Top!2 is an animation and graphical marvel that last aired in 2006. Each just 6 episodes that escalates exponentially to the climax.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-09-14, 14:59   Link #3
Arkuatic

Sekirei-you might have seen this but if not its a story about a good for nothing becoming the master of sekireis who are females designed to fight to win the "game" and have their wish granted. Its similar to the goals of Fate/Stay Night

Soul Eater-Meister and their weapons, theres definitely strong relationship between the wielder and the wielded

Wagaya no Oinari-sama-Boy becomes the head of the family who are spiritually powerful and somewhat looks over the family with his "servants" consisting of a fox deity and a sentinel-both females

Chrno Crusade-Rose is a priestess, not the pray in church type the combat ones :P. She has a contract with Chrno who is a demon, friend, and assistant.

Elemental Gelade-A world where people can become weapons(like soul eater) a boy discovers a beautiful girl in a large crate and she turns out to be one of the seven legendary weapons and things go from there.

Inukami-its a weird story with a somewhat harem injection with a fox deity and her perverted master

Rental Magica-dunno if they will continue the story(seems incomplete) but a boy takes over his father's company due to his disappearance and the business is deployment of mages to settle/abolish magical abnormalities

Utawarerumono-You could see it as a superior/subordinate romance since the main character is the emperor(or becomes one).
Old 2008-09-14, 15:43   Link #4
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Though I see you didn't like Full Metal Panic! , Top wo Nerae! is one I'll second. A 1988 mixture of ye olde supertype with a bit of realtype, burning courage, mecha action, excellent character interactions, and one of the worst and best endings you'll ever see (respectively).

While I can't say it has much (or any) romantic undertones, the Aria series are often compared to Maria-sama ga Miteru for its slow pacing, wonderful characters, and that light touch of "magic". There are similar senpai-kouhai relationships, some comedy, some drama, though unlike Marimite, a tad of fantasy and... cats.
Old 2008-09-14, 15:50   Link #5
williamaugustus
*Author

Midnight Secretary fits into the employer / employee category
Old 2008-09-14, 16:54   Link #6
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Crest of Stars. & Banner of Stars.. the girl is captain / princess from the royal family and the guy is just a count and a superior officer on the ship. Spaceship / futuristic genre with a really good romance story withing. It has 3 tv seasons and a 2 episode OAV.

Library War: a 12 episode anime about a japan in middle of a civil war were the goverment is trying to control information by force and the resistance, the library soldiers, protects those books to the extent of arming themselves. The main characters are in a superior officer / subordinate position and will soon become more than just that...
Old 2008-09-14, 21:05   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The current seriesYakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo portrays a knockout police inspector and the man who works as her assistant. The plots are rather weak, but there's lots of chemistry and fun between the main characters and their seiyuu as well.

Moyashimon has some hints of romance between a freshman college male (who can see microbes) and a graduate biochemistry student. He's not her direct subordinate, but there's a clear status difference between them.

The main characters in Planetes have a "senpai" relationship, where a female astronaut leans her craft from a more experienced male. Nodame Cantabile has a similar type of relationship between the main characters.

Votes for incube's suggestions as well.
Closed Thread