OMG!! you spoiled it for EVERYONE!!!

eheheheheh

Old 2004-11-18, 08:45   Link #462
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Did ADTRW say why they are ceasing fansubbing? I preferred the mahou version, but I thought that they did a good job also and personally I like mkv.
Well, I basically explained everything in the credits. When it was just us it was fine, but now that Sugar-Cube has picked up the series the only thing we have to contribute is a faster release with worse translation quality. We'd be duplicating the work that others are going do better just a few weeks later.

At ADTRW we usually just delete fansubs when we finish watching them. I know over here you usually like downloading one group's full release of the series and then burning it to CD, so I'm very sorry for letting you all down. But it was really a joint decision between me and my translator that we shouldn't be expounding our effort just to "speedsub". Neither of my translators are native speakers, and that made for some very problematic lines in recent episodes, plus that one line in Episode 3 that we totally screwed up on.

I would do a joint project with Sugar-Cube, but I have basically nothing to contribute to their project since their timing and translation are far superior. (I think my encoding is better, but it's no secret how I did it-- I downloaded a certain tripcode's raw and reencoded it in VirtualDub with the default settings. If they want to try to "fix" the raw with filters, that's their decision.)
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 09:18   Link #463
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
I would do a joint project with Sugar-Cube, but I have basically nothing to contribute to their project since their timing and translation are far superior.
Yes, but sugar cube's are not softsubs, and they are very far behind.

(I would have probably preffered ADTRW's version.
I think you were doing a good job, And I dont mind if its a learning experience for
your translator (it is for me too) )

Oh well, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the raws for awhile.

Maybe mahou will catch up. (they are still two weeks behind right now)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 12:02   Link #464
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

As for dropping this show, that's not a problem here Maybe you can take up Uta-kata instead. You know, trade one moe overload show for another . Lunar is taking way too long for this one and should therefore be considered.

Otherwise, thanks for the episodes done thus far.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 14:30   Link #465
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Well, I basically explained everything in the credits. When it was just us it was fine, but now that Sugar-Cube has picked up the series the only thing we have to contribute is a faster release with worse translation quality. We'd be duplicating the work that others are going do better just a few weeks later.

At ADTRW we usually just delete fansubs when we finish watching them. I know over here you usually like downloading one group's full release of the series and then burning it to CD, so I'm very sorry for letting you all down. But it was really a joint decision between me and my translator that we shouldn't be expounding our effort just to "speedsub". Neither of my translators are native speakers, and that made for some very problematic lines in recent episodes, plus that one line in Episode 3 that we totally screwed up on.

I would do a joint project with Sugar-Cube, but I have basically nothing to contribute to their project since their timing and translation are far superior. (I think my encoding is better, but it's no secret how I did it-- I downloaded a certain tripcode's raw and reencoded it in VirtualDub with the default settings. If they want to try to "fix" the raw with filters, that's their decision.)

I think you guys did a fantastic job and your work is most appreciated, your speed was great and will be missed... I feel sad now that your going

I just hope that this sugar-cube group are not people who wait for you to sub so that they can tweak the subs....then we would be totally screwed and left with nothing lol.... ie mahou subs

Once again thankyou for your hard work, and time spent for us fans. I will definately miss the quick subs!

Good luck in your future projects.
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 16:59   Link #466
SeedBoy

mahou's fansub isnt bad at all. And I think their release are on time although a little slower than ADTRW.
SeedBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 17:31   Link #467
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
I think you guys did a fantastic job and your work is most appreciated, your speed was great and will be missed... I feel sad now that your going

I just hope that this sugar-cube group are not people who wait for you to sub so that they can tweak the subs....then we would be totally screwed and left with nothing lol.... ie mahou subs

Once again thankyou for your hard work, and time spent for us fans. I will definately miss the quick subs!

Good luck in your future projects.
A lot of people think Mahou was the superior sub before. I have a couple episodes from them I don't think there is anything for you to be putting them down for.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 18:30   Link #468
Juggercaut
Unhappy Animal

Send a message via ICQ to Juggercaut Send a message via MSN to Juggercaut
So... there's really people who like this anime? hell.. all was allright until I hear that STUPID and annoining son... neko mimi mode... I had nightmares with that song, followed by that buch of ridiculous images... ok, all them include "tsuki" somewhere but... crap, I feel like diying after that. I downloaded the second chapter just to verify (I mean, the first two chapters of Maria sama ain't at all good) but I ust find out that it really doesn't apport nothing new.. but a headache...

I hate this anime...
Juggercaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 18:31   Link #469
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
A lot of people think Mahou was the superior sub before. I have a couple episodes from them I don't think there is anything for you to be putting them down for.
Well said!!!

I've given up commenting on stuff like this. Mahou is actually only a short while behind everyone else, but from the outset they stated they were going to be on the slow side. Mahou spends a bit more time translating stuff like the rituals and so forth, and they release as an .avi, which for many, myself included, is much more prefered.

Both groups produced a good quality product, and frankly the in fighting on the forum did nothing but make those fighting look stupid.

Some prefer .ogm some .mkv and other .avi, all 3 have the pluses and negatives, but for me its .avi, since i dont have to mess around with codecs and stuff.

Can we please stop the derogatory comments and stick to what the topic is meant to be about, the show. If you want to discuss which is/was the better group take it to the fansub groups forum, thats what its there for.

hmmmm haven't i already saod this before..................
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 18:33   Link #470
Shii
*Fansubber

Quote:
I don't think there is anything for you to be putting them down for.
How about sponsoring an invasion of this thread with trolls and sockpuppets from their IRC channel, refusing to cooperate on subtitling, doing licensed shows, disobeying the general code of civility for manga scanslation by picking up a manga another group was already doing...?
Old 2004-11-18, 20:11   Link #471
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I wish you guys at ADTRW the best, Ashibaka. I for one totally appreciate the efforts you put into this show. I really don't understand the mentality of some leechers. I'm never one to insult anybody for doing volunteer work. In this case whether it's Mahou, ADTRW or Suger-cube.

I think you put a brave face despite people constantly debating over the quality of your subs and often undermining you in the process. You even admit to some of your own flaws. I've seen this kind of thing happened so many times and often times the subber will eventually crack and the whole argument will turn into an insult fest. Yet in this case, you always keep your cool which is admirable.

I always try to encourage the fansubbers but the leechers always gets to them and they'll disband eventually. Let me just say that you guys will only get better in the future. You certainly have the patience for it.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 20:14   Link #472
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
How about sponsoring an invasion of this thread with trolls and sockpuppets from their IRC channel, refusing to cooperate on subtitling, doing licensed shows, disobeying the general code of civility for manga scanslation by picking up a manga another group was already doing...?
Well i have nothing to do with Mahou, but here's my views on this:

Quote:
sponsoring an invasion of this thread with trolls and sockpuppets from their IRC channel
As i said earlier, your both as guilty as the other. It takes to to argue. You both came off looking like spoiled brats that needed a good thwaking at times.

Quote:
refusing to cooperate on subtitling
Why should they? If they want to do a show on thier own thats their choice. Thats why they're in theior own group and not anyone elses. ~I mean look at how many are doing GS Destiny and Bleech for example. Should they all stop and join into one big group and just release one version?

[quote]
doing licensed shows
[/quote}

I'm in 2 minds on this score. On the one hand i can see the side of the company that bought the license. It cost them a huge wad of cash, so they should be able to recoup that without worrying about piracy. On the other hand i can see the fansub pointy of view. A company buys a show and then shelves it for 2 or 3 years before releasing it, which pisses off us the veiwers who were into it. I have both licensed and unlicensed anime on my HDD's, but as soon as the licensed version comes out i normally replace it. If companies released in a more timely manner we would see less and less of groups doing licensed anime.

Quote:
disobeying the general code of civility for manga scanslation by picking up a manga another group was already doing
Again, so the hell what??

Look at bleech again, there are 5 groups doing manga scans for it. Get over it. Stop being a jack ass and grow up a bit.

There are no set rules in either fansubing or scanlating, why? cause both are technically ILLEGAL. So the hell what if a group decides to release the same manga scans your doing. I have had both versions and truthfuly found Mahou's manga to be the better. Why? They included a damn fine colour panel, and their translation was better.

Different groups handle things in different ways. This leads to variations (for example your releases were .ogm and .mkv while Mahou's were .avi), this allows us, the fans, to choose which we feel is the better. If you can't handle that then you need to rethink doing fansubs and manga scans.

And before you start saying i dont know what im talking about, i just so happen to work for another group who just so happens to be releasing Moon Phase Manga Scans, im the editor for bith it, and 2 other projects.
Old 2004-11-18, 20:23   Link #473
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Well i have nothing to do with Mahou, but here's my views on this:

As i said earlier, your both as guilty as the other. It takes to to argue. You both came off looking like spoiled brats that needed a good thwaking at times.

Why should they? If they want to do a show on thier own thats their choice. Thats why they're in theior own group and not anyone elses. ~I mean look at how many are doing GS Destiny and Bleech for example. Should they all stop and join into one big group and just release one version?

Quote:
doing licensed shows
I'm in 2 minds on this score. On the one hand i can see the side of the company that bought the license. It cost them a huge wad of cash, so they should be able to recoup that without worrying about piracy. On the other hand i can see the fansub pointy of view. A company buys a show and then shelves it for 2 or 3 years before releasing it, which pisses off us the veiwers who were into it. I have both licensed and unlicensed anime on my HDD's, but as soon as the licensed version comes out i normally replace it. If companies released in a more timely manner we would see less and less of groups doing licensed anime.

Again, so the hell what??

Look at bleech again, there are 5 groups doing manga scans for it. Get over it. Stop being a jack ass and grow up a bit.

There are no set rules in either fansubing or scanlating, why? cause both are technically ILLEGAL. So the hell what if a group decides to release the same manga scans your doing. I have had both versions and truthfuly found Mahou's manga to be the better. Why? They included a damn fine colour panel, and their translation was better.

Different groups handle things in different ways. This leads to variations (for example your releases were .ogm and .mkv while Mahou's were .avi), this allows us, the fans, to choose which we feel is the better. If you can't handle that then you need to rethink doing fansubs and manga scans.

And before you start saying i dont know what im talking about, i just so happen to work for another group who just so happens to be releasing Moon Phase Manga Scans, im the editor for bith it, and 2 other projects.
Remember, Ashibaka. Patience is a virtue.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 21:26   Link #474
Shii
*Fansubber

Quote:
I wasn't lingering on such a petty subject, I was just responding to the question "why is there any reason to put down Mahou"? And you admitted yourself that there's at least one reason.

There are reasons to put down my group as well. I rushed with my timing and frequently my translator made mistakes. If I were claiming to be perfect, I wouldn't have dropped this series for the benefit of the better translation by Sugar-Cube which had been painfully overlooked (at least, their torrent stats indicate as such) while I was releasing.
Old 2004-11-18, 21:35   Link #475
Tensai_kamen
Inactive Member

Thanks to ADTRW for all the work that you guys have done on moon phase. Wish you guys all the best on future anime fansub project ( may i suggest u guys consider doing Futakoi ).

Also i want to extend my gratitude for releasing boku no futatsu no tsubasa ch 5. I hope to read more of it in the near future.
Tensai_kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 22:10   Link #476
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
By that logic didn't sugar-cube disobey the civility of the anime by starting to sub the series long after mahou and ADTRW?
Old 2004-11-18, 22:29   Link #477
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
By that logic didn't sugar-cube disobey the civility of the anime by starting to sub the series long after mahou and ADTRW?
Just a quick thought aswell, didn't you yourselves disobey the civility code when you started the show, since Mahou were the first to release a fansubed version?

Not that it matters, but if your going to climb on a high horse claiming they're breaking the 'code' make sure some one cant come and cut the hourses legs from under you.

Personally it doesnt matter one way or the other who does what, so long as its done. The more groups doing it the more choice the fans have.
Old 2004-11-18, 22:44   Link #478
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Just a quick thought aswell, didn't you yourselves disobey the civility code when you started the show, since Mahou were the first to release a fansubed version?

Not that it matters, but if your going to climb on a high horse claiming they're breaking the 'code' make sure some one cant come and cut the hourses legs from under you.

Personally it doesnt matter one way or the other who does what, so long as its done. The more groups doing it the more choice the fans have.
Yes God knows what it would be like if only one group did Naruto.
Old 2004-11-18, 22:57   Link #479
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Well, I dont think there are any "rules". Dont get hung up on that,
do whatever you like. For example, if you felt like continuing tukuyomi,
I would be happy
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 04:33   Link #480
Chronissz

Spoiler:
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen