AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 34 41.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-10, 21:09   Link #81
Icerack

Wouldn't it be pointless to commit suicide since Aono could just merely create another Yorito... unless the sword has something special so that it would destroy Aono's magic and preventing her from creating more Yoritos.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:23   Link #82
Nemesis2124

Frankly, with the overall uplifting mood of that scene, it'd be a tad sadistic for her to suggest a double suicide. More likely, the "disappearing" is a reference to the fact that she needs to retreat in the face of the sunlight. On a metaphoric level this retreating is analogous with her flight-over-fight attitude to things in general.

In essence, she was asking Yorito to join her in this retreating lifestyle(which explains her particular word choice). But, judging by her overall aura at the end of the episode it seems she may have reconsidered this position. Perhaps she's finally come to realize it's time to stop running and bring the fight to Aono, literally or otherwise.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:28   Link #83
kelvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
Wouldn't it be pointless to commit suicide since Aono could just merely create another Yorito... unless the sword has something special so that it would destroy Aono's magic and preventing her from creating more Yoritos.
I don't think Matsuri cares about the old Yorito (or at least says she doesn't), or any future Yorito's, just the present one. She tried not to get involved with this one, also.
Old 2007-06-10, 22:42   Link #84
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I agree with kazune-kun. It would be nice if those 3 (Aono, Matsuri and Yorito) would be able to live together peacefully. But Aono would need to bury the hatchet first.
Old 2007-06-10, 23:27   Link #85
Nemesis2124

Quote:
Another thing, I remember Aono saying that she was supposed to be a "sacrifice." Whats that supposed to mean?
I'm guessing this is related to whatever process Yorito discovered for bringing yaka outside. Also, it strikes me as similar to Takeshi's plan, which also required a sacrifice of sorts. It wouldn't surprise me if both of these, and what Matsuri was requesting he teach her, end up being one and the same.
Old 2007-06-11, 00:13   Link #86
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

But she said "vanish...with me." So to me that implies whatever Matsuri is planning to do will probably get herself and Yurito killed.
Old 2007-06-11, 01:04   Link #87
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

hmm i don think is typo error.. TougeSil80 has pronouce Yorito as Yurito for quite a few time Oo~_~
Old 2007-06-11, 02:14   Link #88
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
Matsuri asking takeshi to teach her swordplay was most probably to protect herself in the future
She asked him to teach her how to use the sword, not swordplay. While normally there wouldn't be any difference, we have to remember that this is a special sword ... perhaps she wants to learn how to use the special properties of the sword. (whatever they might be).

And she certainly doesn't need a sword to protect herself if she feels like fighting back - look at the fight she put up against Takeshi... and she was injured that time, and exhausted from the previous fight. I don't think the sword will be used for "combat" purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80
But she said "vanish...with me." So to me that implies whatever Matsuri is planning to do will probably get herself and Yurito killed.
Not necessarily. She might mean it as disappearing from here (from the city / from the lives of other people that are involved (Mana/Aono/etc...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvie
I don't think Matsuri cares about the old Yorito (or at least says she doesn't), or any future Yorito's, just the present one. She tried not to get involved with this one, also.
Hm ... i think she does, and i don't believe one bit when she said she doesn't remember at first. When Mayuko pressed the issue, Matsuri answered that it is simply too painful of a topic to talk about.

I think what she said to Yorito means that she loves the present him for who he is, and not because he has the "soul" of the old Yorito.
Old 2007-06-11, 03:50   Link #89
xat
*Fansubber

消える can take on any number of meanings purely because of context. The reason I'm not completely aligned with the suicide view is that it just doesn't seem appropriate.
-Yorito's got too much to lose. He definitely doesn't hate Aono, especially not after having seen the truth. Despite what she's put him through, I doubt he'd want either her or Matsuri to see harm.
-Being his main friend, Mana harbors strong feelings for him as well. I'd go so far as to say that's the reason we see a lot of Mana worrying over Yorito in this episode particularly--to remind us that Aono and Matsuri wouldn't be the only ones affected.
-Matsuri hasn't seen the sky yet
-the hint that past Yorito mentions in the cave hasn't been clarified since its mention
-Matsuri affirmed Yorito's existence; I can't say it would be in character for her to suddenly ask him to cease it.
-I'm guessing that there's still yet to be some proper closure between Aono and Matsuri's relationship

I'm also not sure about the sword requiring any special mastery; judging by the way Takeshi uses it, the effects of the sword don't seem to be implicated by how it is used. I'm guessing there are still characteristics of it that have yet to be revealed.

I get the feeling that running away isn't the answer, and I think Yorito is aware of this. I do believe that's what Matsuri proposed though. Not a suicide route but simply that he join her in running away. Again, his tone at the end of the episode seems to indicate that he has some kind of agenda to push. So does Matsuri.
Old 2007-06-11, 04:54   Link #90
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazune-kun View Post
If Aono just created Yorito 3 months ago, then WOW she's one obssessed girl. Its been hundreds of years and she still couldnt get over Yorito. There are other guys out there.
*cough* Knowing the iron rules of the genre I somehow can't see Matsuri having had a healthy and fulfilling sex life during the last x00 years either. >.>
Old 2007-06-11, 07:27   Link #91
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xat View Post

I get the feeling that running away isn't the answer, and I think Yorito is aware of this. I do believe that's what Matsuri proposed though. Not a suicide route but simply that he join her in running away. Again, his tone at the end of the episode seems to indicate that he has some kind of agenda to push. So does Matsuri.

I agree. Running away isn't the answer and neither is double suicide. Of course, if Yorito now has all of the original's memories, then he knows how to get Matsuri to see the sky.
Old 2007-06-11, 19:01   Link #92
Icerack

I think that her disappearing with Yorito and her wanting to use Takeshi's sword has something to do with each other. Running away doesn't seem right in any case. Plus, with Takeshi seems to know what Matsuri's intending to do. If it were suicide, wouldn't Mayuko jump in and stop Matsuri from learning to use the sword? Esp. since she stopped Takeshi's from killing Matsuri, I don't see why she'd now permit Matsuri to suicide.
Old 2007-06-11, 20:49   Link #93
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xat View Post
Interesting twist this episode. Those who are speculating are going to have fun with this one.

If I could make this into a wallpaper, I would...
Spoiler:
Yes, that was an... Invigorating moment.
Old 2007-06-11, 20:52   Link #94
risa_chan
Princess Strawberry

That was quite the ep, my heart was pounding throughout. When I saw Yorito's hand peel apart my first reaction was "MUMMIES?!" >.<

Ki-e-ru... the context in which she said that implies disappearing, not death. So I'm going with the theory that she just wants to live away from the rest of the world with Yorito... but then the sword comes into play. Oh, I'll just wait and see what happens instead of theorizing. ^.~
Old 2007-06-11, 20:59   Link #95
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I agree with kazune-kun. It would be nice if those 3 (Aono, Matsuri and Yorito) would be able to live together peacefully. But Aono would need to bury the hatchet first.
The only place that's likely to happen is between Matsuri's shoulder blades...

This series especially lends itself to theorizing, but I'm more than content to ride this out and see what happens. Still - I don't think Matsuri would want to learn to use the sword as part of a double-suicide. If she wants to die, she certainly doesn't need to use the sword to do it - there's a much more obvious and simple way.
Old 2007-06-11, 21:14   Link #96
Nemesis2124

I don't know about that. Judging by Takeshi's monologue during that one scene, it seems somewhat implied that Aono may be respecting Yorito's wishes a bit more than we would have expected, though probably begrudgingly. That'd certainly be a start at least.
Old 2007-06-12, 06:24   Link #97
jtstellar

Besides guessing the series' next move.. have any of you observant viewers noticed interesting details/metaphors in the series so far.. especially those that reflect on character mentalities? i personally find yoriko's obsession with the sky very interesting and on a side note i think it does have some significance plot wise and that the series will likely spend some time expanding that aspect.
Old 2007-06-12, 16:40   Link #98
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
Besides guessing the series' next move.. have any of you observant viewers noticed interesting details/metaphors in the series so far.. especially those that reflect on character mentalities? i personally find yoriko's obsession with the sky very interesting and on a side note i think it does have some significance plot wise and that the series will likely spend some time expanding that aspect.
interesting thought but i have to honest and say that i havent noticed any but if you are saying how the sky is related to yorito (about him wanting freedom which leads onto being free from aono's control then perhaps) ~ and then i get a flashback to air...*uncontrollable emotions surfacing >.<*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-12, 17:57   Link #99
Nemesis2124

Metaphors, eh? The only really explicit example I can think of is how they often use the status of the sky to convey the mood of particular scenes. You'll notice during many of the night scenes that there will often be clouds or shadows obscuring the moon, which judging by the scenes where these shots occur, are probably meant to convey a feeling of sadness.
Old 2007-06-12, 23:02   Link #100
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Everyone of you who has been surprised by this turn of event, make sure to show some appreciation to NSW who has managed to predict what Yorito really was a few weeks ago. This also marks the first prediction that actually was right on the money. Hurray! Hurray! *Throws confetti in the air* It seems Sola can be predictable after all. NSW = 1, Orion = 0 (still zero!)

I'm feeling so inspired that I'm also going to venture into the speculation territory, and the subject of specualtion is what Aono means by those words: "It's my fault. It's because I was a sacrifice, I kept on living."

Spoiler for crazy theories with some melodrama:

Kindness truly hurts. What was unexpected for me from this episode was the kiss. I didn't see that coming.

edit: After taking a look at few of the theories, it seems Wontaek had similar ideas on this subject of speculation, but fell short on taking it further.
Closed Thread