AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 25 36.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 43.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 11.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-16, 07:50   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacone View Post
Silly me...... I thought that was reasonable speculation... When did they reveal about that? Or did they?
naw it wasnt revealed...its just speculation on my part
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-16, 09:11   Link #22
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs down

I shall be very angry if Matsuri decides to hurt Aono, because it would quite hypocritical of her to do so. Especially if Aono is actually helping Yorito now. Aono has already relented at this point (yielded even), so anything that involves further misery upon her shall be frowned upon by me heavily.

Aono may have made mistakes of her own, but none of them warrants murder. Eliminating Aono to "erase" her mistake of reviving her will easily make Matsuri the first Noto-voiced character I will end up hating.

Hmm...
Old 2007-06-16, 13:26   Link #23
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-16, 13:37   Link #24
Icerack

Spoiler for ep11:
Old 2007-06-16, 14:37   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I shall be very angry if Matsuri decides to hurt Aono, because it would quite hypocritical of her to do so. Especially if Aono is actually helping Yorito now. Aono has already relented at this point (yielded even), so anything that involves further misery upon her shall be frowned upon by me heavily.

Aono may have made mistakes of her own, but none of them warrants murder. Eliminating Aono to "erase" her mistake of reviving her will easily make Matsuri the first Noto-voiced character I will end up hating.

Hmm...

Spoiler:

But still doesn't this feel like we're missing a piece of info here?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-16, 19:36   Link #26
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Hmm...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-16, 19:43   Link #27
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-16, 19:59   Link #28
kelvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
Spoiler for ep11:
Spoiler for what Matsuri said:
Old 2007-06-16, 23:21   Link #29
orion

But on a positive note, the most likely ending is the one that will sell the game, manga and DVDs the most.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-16, 23:38   Link #30
wontaek

We still have not been given enough information to understand fully what is going on. My speculation, based on Matsuri's behaviors from ep. 1 to 10 ( yes, TEN ) is that Matsuri will ask Aono to make a choice which can involve using the sword in certain ways. We don't know what other powers that sword may have.
Old 2007-06-17, 01:39   Link #31
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
On a side note - it is impossible for any one to know the future events, because the anime is ahead of the manga. If anything, watching the anime is spoiling the manga for you
That is, if you assume that the manga will go the same way as the anime.

Which, from my admittedly rather limited experience with anime and manga......does not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
The impression I got from Sola manga series was that Mana did have active interest in Yorito. One of point my wife made was that it is impossible for Mana to even occasionally cook Yorito's dinner unless she really liked him. In real life you almost never see a girl cook for anyone outside her immediate family. One exception I know was this story about two Korean student in graduate student dorm and it resulted in marriage as she said she gotten so used to cooking for the guy, she didn't think marrying him would make much difference in her life. If Sola was a game, choosing Mana would mean choosing to live like regular human being as long as possible, and I predict there will be a Mana route in Sola ren ai simulation game, which will appear soon.
Now, who was it who said that "when a girl brings you lasagna, that's when you know there's something special"?
Old 2007-06-17, 03:25   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-17, 03:42   Link #33
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Always a cliffhanger...*Sigh*

Spoiler:
The only darned question is whether the series will end on a happy or sorrowful note.
Old 2007-06-17, 04:06   Link #34
Nemesis2124

There's something definitely amiss here. If the plan was merely to destroy Aono, then there would be no need to vacate the house. I'm thinking there's something else in store for Aono other than death.

There's also all this talk about recurrence to the past, which leads me to think they're going to try and replicate the scenario from hundreds of years ago; by returning Aono to the state where she was a normal human who had lost her brother, in an attempt to get her to acknowledge and accept reality. Again though, it seems they may be planning to bring Aono somewhere. There's only two places I can think of that would make sense: The place where original Yorito died, or the cave where she killed herself.

Also, I'm incredibly intrigued by the episode 12 title. It sounds like a reference to the rather symbolic flashback from the end of episode 6. Remember the scene where Aono gets resurrected, where we're shown a very distinct dichotomy between the darkness and light, represented as the dark cave versus the sky-lit ground. The dark world of misery, or the light one where people can toss away their pain. Perhaps Aono's going to have to choose once again between the two. The last time she decided to take the easy way out and end it all. I wonder if there's anything that can be done to change her mind. Though it could also have something to do with Matsuri's choice in the past as well, which re-immersed Aono in the darkness of the pain she was trying to escape.

EDIT: And is it just me, or does this episode have some ridiculously awesome BGM?

EDIT #2: Just reading over the rest of the thread and noticing there's a lot of wondering about who caused the mass memory loss. I think the monologue is the most important here, as it references the fading of illusions. With Yorito knowing he's a fake, and with Aono accepting the end of their facade in the town, their respective illusions are thus coming to an end.

Last edited by Nemesis2124; 2007-06-17 at 04:40.
Old 2007-06-17, 05:06   Link #35
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
ouch, though as awesome as this ep was, it was MAJORLY depressing. Looks like any hope for some kind of a happy ending is gone.....
Spoiler:

that pretty much wraps up the Mana/Kyori and Mayuko/Takeshi plotline.........all thats left is now is Matsuri, Yorito, and Aono.
Old 2007-06-17, 05:22   Link #36
Nemesis2124

Well, I suspect at least someone will get a lifeline by the end. I'm just hoping that lifeline doesn't come in the form of poor Matsuri taking one for the "team" or something.
Old 2007-06-17, 06:08   Link #37
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie View Post
that pretty much wraps up the Mana/Kyori and Mayuko/Takeshi plotline.........all thats left is now is Matsuri, Yorito, and Aono.
I would not bet on the Mayukp/Takeshi plotline being over. The ending might be her becoming human again and them having a happy ending,
Old 2007-06-17, 06:42   Link #38
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie View Post
ouch, though as awesome as this ep was, it was MAJORLY depressing. Looks like any hope for some kind of a happy ending is gone.....
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-17, 07:51   Link #39
kelvie

Spoiler for :O speculation:
Old 2007-06-17, 09:15   Link #40
orion

But still, maybe something big that affects the area may be what's in store? It still is suspcious that Mayuko and Takeshi left the area.

I still think that we are missing some info here.

Subs out now, so I dropped the spoiler tag.