AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-28, 07:16   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good morning. How is everyone doing? I thought I was going to start the thread after watching the episode, but the download is taking too long. *shakes fist* So the episode is going to be more about Tousen as the preview showed. His reasoning to dislike the Soul Society never made sense to me. At times his reasoning sounded hypocritical and overbearing. For a blind guy, he can be pretty annoying. We already know from his fight against Kenpachi that this guy's ego is bigger than the size of the planet, Jupiter. So what exactly is he trying to get at when he is talking about justice? Some background history about him with his friend might help, but I think it won't amount to much. He is fixated in the notion of ironclad justice in the absolute format and at the same time he seems to be eluding to the fact the justice won't be/can't be absolute because the guidelines are preset by a society/culture norm. What makes sense to me may not make sense to someone else because of different set of values. So if he ousts the Soul Society to bring his kind of justice, the format will still follow his prerequisite. So isn't Kaname's justice is just as flawed? Omg, the episode has finished downloading! I was wondering how long I'll be able to drag this out...

Enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will sresult in a BAN!
Old 2010-09-28, 07:54   Link #2
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

tousen's "path of least bloodshed" excuse never made sense to me either - when it's revealed he's killed seemingly a few fellow shinigami and god knows who else during the turn back the pendulum arc.

he makes out like the peaceful type, but will go with aizen when he says "i'm gonna go to karakura town and kill everybody there - there's gonna be like, oh, 10 thousand residents? it's gonna be bloody, like, too... you in?"

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-09-28, 07:56   Link #3
Ichiban Hayai

Spoiler for Episode:
Old 2010-09-28, 08:28   Link #4
Pa1n

booring ep , 2 much talking
Old 2010-09-28, 09:11   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow Tosen sure does like to talk a lot. Sadly for him there just isn't a simple way to deal with things. Personally I just think his killing spree is more about jealousy that the shinigami drew her attention away. Rather than using speeches should just admit he's a crazed maniac who wants to kill as many as he can.

Curious to see how Shinji's power will be taken down. Obviously he's not the one that's going to beat Aizen after all . Well nice that he gets some good lines before taking on Aizen.

Good luck to Komamura. Time to just put Tosen down once and for all.
Old 2010-09-28, 09:33   Link #6
Aqua Knight

Animators sure like to make Koma bleed
Old 2010-09-28, 10:49   Link #7
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

This was my most anticipated fight in the entire manga before it happened as well as my favorite part of all of Bleach since the Soul Society arc, and I'm glad to see it's being animated really well. Tousen's appearance is as creepy here as it was in the manga. Good to see some fancy agility from Tousen
Spoiler for amg:
as well. I'm still not sure whether
Spoiler for amg:
Old 2010-09-28, 11:41   Link #8
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
tousen's "path of least bloodshed" excuse never made sense to me either - when it's revealed he's killed seemingly a few fellow shinigami and god knows who else during the turn back the pendulum arc.

he makes out like the peaceful type, but will go with aizen when he says "i'm gonna go to karakura town and kill everybody there - there's gonna be like, oh, 10 thousand residents? it's gonna be bloody, like, too... you in?"
"the lives of a few does not outweigh the lives of many"
Old 2010-09-28, 13:15   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new music that played during Tousen's flashback was very good. That is all.
Old 2010-09-28, 14:17   Link #10
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Spoiler for amg:
The upcoming Bleach movie is calling Ichigo's newest form not a resurrecion, but "perfect hollowfication". So odds are, you're right. Tousen's resurrecion probably doesn't have much to do with Ichigo.
Old 2010-09-28, 14:32   Link #11
kboykb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The new music that played during Tousen's flashback was very good. That is all.
Yep it was definitely nice. I think they played a very small snippet of it at the end of the filler episode where Ashisogi Jizou shows up after Kenpachi had wrecked shop. Glad they finally played the rest of it.

Hating how one of my favorite character personas has been destroyed. I kind of want Tousen to get beat now *sigh*.. I always supported his character but I can't find myself to do it now.

Looking forward to Shinji: the best dressed character in Bleach.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:02   Link #12
secretzfan
*Fansubber

This episode actually made me cry
Old 2010-09-28, 17:20   Link #13
Gin
*Artist

Did Komamura make the face this episode? That's really all I want to see of the tousen fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
This episode actually made me cry
Only girls cry.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:26   Link #14
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Did Komamura make the face this episode? That's really all I want to see of the tousen fight.

Only girls cry.
*makes a mean face* But in realness that was really sad I did shed a couple of tears watching that. The past of Tousen was really good that is really messed up that her own husband killed her. I wish Tite revealed her name Kaname obviously liked her so it would create a shipping
Old 2010-09-28, 19:29   Link #15
oompa loompa

anyone know when the next op is supposed to start? its about that time isn't it?
Old 2010-09-28, 19:49   Link #16
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
anyone know when the next op is supposed to start? its about that time isn't it?
Where close when we hit episode 192
Old 2010-09-28, 19:50   Link #17
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Tosen had his flashback, death is imminent
Old 2010-09-28, 20:29   Link #18
TheRime

well, I liked this episode, even though it moved kinda slow. it was pretty cool that they redid the art for the flashback sequences. and i thought it was interesting that they gave her a birthmark on the face, which could mean that she wasn't conventionally beautiful but it didn't matter to Tosen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
u mean "<_<"? then, yes. twice

Quote:
Only girls cry.
tell that to Renji. (i think?) and tosen, if the dramatic water droplet was supposed to mean something.
Old 2010-09-29, 00:08   Link #19
AnimeFan188

Tousen finally gets to see! Too bad he has to turn into a bug to do it.

Tousen => Superfly!
Old 2010-09-29, 01:22   Link #20
sayde

When I read this in the manga, I felt somewhat disappointed. Here I was hoping Tousen's motivation would be some kind of huge & shocking revelation. But in the end, it all came down to something as cliche as revenge. Oh well. But at least ya gotta admire the guy's level of conviction. I mean this is a guy that entered his way into an organization he abhors, then lives among said organization for over a century, all the while developing the skills and strength necessary to work his way to the top.

Having stated that, it's almost perplexing as to how such a person ever managed to achieve the pinnacle of a shinigami's power. In other words, despite how quickly & easily he's denounced his shinigami powers as of late, and despite a 100+ year old grudge towards shinigami's, and despite the fact that his shinigami powers aren't even initially his own, he was able to fully embrace these abilities and his zanpakuto spirit enough to obtain bankai. That's freaking incredible (if not downright unbelievable). lol
Closed Thread