AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-13, 21:10   Link #1
Moonsault123

Thumbs up Any animes like this?

hey, ive watched allot of anime and starting to struggle to find some good ones.

Air Gear
Death Note
Kiba
Kenichi
Beck
Ao No Exorsist
Hunter X Hunter
One Piece

is a few of my favorite animes.

i like fighting animes, funny animes and sport animes.

i dont like future animes with robots and sutch crap. and i usually like when they fight hand to hand, with swords or any "old" weapons. that will say not guns.

i also have no requrements for the characters to have any superpowers or sutch. but i do like when they do also.
Old 2011-09-13, 21:20   Link #2
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

watch some Claymore. but stop before the last two episodes.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-09-13, 21:39   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Have you seen these?:

Fighting anime: Beelzebub, Flame of Recca, The Law of Ueki
Funny anime : Hayate no Gotoku
Sport anime : Whistle, Eyeshield 21, Ookiku Furikabutte, Wild Striker

Those are just a few of (so) many. We can give more if you want ^_^.
Old 2011-09-13, 21:43   Link #4
Moonsault123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Have you seen these?:

Fighting anime: Beelzebub, Flame of Recca, The Law of Ueki
Funny anime : Hayate no Gotoku
Sport anime : Whistle, Eyeshield 21, Ookiku Furikabutte, Wild Striker

Those are just a few of (so) many. We can give more if you want ^_^.
Seen beelzebub, flame of recca, eyeshield 21 and law of ueki
there preaty cool so il check out the rest u told me to u seem to have good taste in anime ^^
Old 2011-09-13, 21:58   Link #5
Cream

Have you checked out High School of the Dead ?

The fan service for the show is insane(sometimes can get annoying from what i heard from others , doesn't bother me).
HOTD = High school students fighting zombies to live .
Old 2011-09-13, 22:05   Link #6
Moonsault123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Have you checked out High School of the Dead ?

The fan service for the show is insane(sometimes can get annoying from what i heard from others , doesn't bother me).
HOTD = High school students fighting zombies to live .
never been able to get into any zombie movies or animes i just dont find it fun to watch i guess... but thanks anyway
Old 2011-09-14, 07:48   Link #7
kitten320

Your taste seems to be similar to mine, I also like action with cold weapons and not big fan of Mecha. Let's see...

The first thing that came to mind is Baccano!. It fits perfectly, has action and comedy. Does involve some guns but over all it is more fists to fists fights.

Never watched One Piece but Fairy Tail is compared to it a lot.

Not big fan of Air Gear but it reminded me of Bleach which involves swords. Not big fan of Bleach but first 100 episodes were real good in my opinion.

Claymore is all about sword fighting and action, not so strong with comedy though.

D.Gray Man is a nice action/comedy series but it involves super powers more. But their weapons are all unique, one does use sword.

Fate/Stay Night is a nice action anime with cold weapons involvement, some super powers too. But I think you will like it. There is also a movie with alternative story and soon a prequel will be released.

FMA are great action series with bunch of humour. Mostly super powers but some hand to hand combat is also there. Has two seasons, each with different story (they are not sequels). Everyone has their own fave, I like both seasons.

Ga-Rei Zero has some good sword action and comedy along with drama. Does have some supernatural stuff.

Hakuouki is not the best show but it does have some nice sword action since it is all about samurais.

Inuyasha
is not a bad show with humour and action. Has super powers but also sword action.

Samurai Champloo is a unique anime with bunch of sword action and humour.

Sengoku Basara is a comedy/sword action. Does seem a bit supernatural sometimes.

Soul Eater is a comedy/action series with super natural powers and cold weapon action.

Sword of the Stranger is a movie with great sword action.
Old 2011-09-14, 08:58   Link #8
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
watch some Claymore. but stop before the last two episodes.
Because the last two episodes where pretty rushed ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-09-14, 10:28   Link #9
kitten320

^Not really, they were changed from original manga story and majority of people hates it.
Old 2011-09-14, 11:56   Link #10
amasposu

Initial D and Yu Yu Hakusho,
Old 2011-09-14, 13:27   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Not really, they were changed from original manga story and majority[sic] of people manga readers hates it.
Claymore's ending had problems, but, as an anime-only viewer, I could care less about how things turned out in the manga. Also, how do you know that a "majority" hate it? I didn't hate it; I just felt it left too many things unresolved. That's hardly atypical of anime series that are forced to come to a conclusion before the manga is completed.

I'm really tired of the chorus of complaints that come from manga readers whenever an anime adaptation doesn't meet their expectations. What's especially bad is when they feel the need to trumpet their concerns in the anime threads here and cause no end of spoilage issues for readers and extra work for the moderators who have to clean that up.
Old 2011-09-14, 14:57   Link #12
kitten320

^That's why I said majority and NOT everyone. And I said it because mostly everyone are complaining about anime, at least those to whom I spoke. germanturkey happens to be one of them as you can see.

I had watched anime first and was happy about it all the way. Ending did lack but not much. Though I do admit that manga took things better.
It is up to Moonsault123 to decide if he/she wants to read manga later. But as anime viewer only, ending won't be that bad so feel free to watch everything and don't listen to complainers.
Old 2011-09-14, 22:06   Link #13
Moonsault123

Quote:
^That's why I said majority and NOT everyone. And I said it because mostly everyone are complaining about anime, at least those to whom I spoke. germanturkey happens to be one of them as you can see.

I had watched anime first and was happy about it all the way. Ending did lack but not much. Though I do admit that manga took things better.
It is up to Moonsault123 to decide if he/she wants to read manga later. But as anime viewer only, ending won't be that bad so feel free to watch everything and don't listen to complainers.
im also an anime watcher only have continued on manga on some shows but not many. and i dislike manga when compared to the animes i feel i get more out of animes.

but yeh ill give claymore a try and see weather i like the ending or not ^^
Old 2011-09-14, 22:07   Link #14
Moonsault123

Quote:
Originally Posted by posutan View Post
Initial D and Yu Yu Hakusho,
seen yu yu hakusho but idont know wath initial d is about never heard of it. could u tell me wath kind of anime it is?
Old 2011-09-14, 22:10   Link #15
Moonsault123

Quote:
Your taste seems to be similar to mine, I also like action with cold weapons and not big fan of Mecha. Let's see...

The first thing that came to mind is Baccano!. It fits perfectly, has action and comedy. Does involve some guns but over all it is more fists to fists fights.

Never watched One Piece but Fairy Tail is compared to it a lot.

Not big fan of Air Gear but it reminded me of Bleach which involves swords. Not big fan of Bleach but first 100 episodes were real good in my opinion.

Claymore is all about sword fighting and action, not so strong with comedy though.

D.Gray Man is a nice action/comedy series but it involves super powers more. But their weapons are all unique, one does use sword.

Fate/Stay Night is a nice action anime with cold weapons involvement, some super powers too. But I think you will like it. There is also a movie with alternative story and soon a prequel will be released.

FMA are great action series with bunch of humour. Mostly super powers but some hand to hand combat is also there. Has two seasons, each with different story (they are not sequels). Everyone has their own fave, I like both seasons.

Ga-Rei Zero has some good sword action and comedy along with drama. Does have some supernatural stuff.

Hakuouki is not the best show but it does have some nice sword action since it is all about samurais.

Inuyasha
is not a bad show with humour and action. Has super powers but also sword action.

Samurai Champloo is a unique anime with bunch of sword action and humour.

Sengoku Basara is a comedy/sword action. Does seem a bit supernatural sometimes.

Soul Eater is a comedy/action series with super natural powers and cold weapon action.

Sword of the Stranger is a movie with great sword action.
seen soul eater, fairy tail, d.gray man and alitle bitt of bleach agree it gets kinda dull after the first 100episodes or so. sorry for late reply been hooked on Samurai Champloo all day it seems realy good. u seem to have kinda the same taste of anime as me so ill give anything u recomend a fear try
Old 2011-09-15, 01:07   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsault123 View Post
seen yu yu hakusho but idont know wath initial d is about never heard of it. could u tell me wath kind of anime it is?
Initial D is anime about wild/illegal car race. I think this anime inspired Fast & Furious series. Yes, it's old and it's pretty serious. It's a great anime if you like the genre.

Ok, I see that you've got your fair share of recommendations. I won't add anything further till you watch them then.
Old 2011-09-15, 01:43   Link #17
Moonsault123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Initial D is anime about wild/illegal car race. I think this anime inspired Fast & Furious series. Yes, it's old and it's pretty serious. It's a great anime if you like the genre.

Ok, I see that you've got your fair share of recommendations. I won't add anything further till you watch them then.
probably wont take long ^^
i work at home well i "work" at home watching animes for the most part :P
Old 2011-09-15, 07:25   Link #18
kitten320

I know what you mean, I also prefer anime over manga. There are only few cases where manga happened to be better for me

And no worries, glad you liked Samurai Champloo^^
I could also add Tears to Tiara to my list. Am in the middle of watching it myself. So far it is all about sword action since series are based during knights period. A bit slow begining but gets quiet fun after Octavia gets introduced somewhere around episode 5.
Old 2011-09-15, 09:04   Link #19
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I second Tears to Tiara and though I skimmed this I dont think I saw Rurouni Kenshin on it. the first 2 arcs are the best. Also Dhurarara is funny and good and has some fun fighting scenes in it.

Edit: Yeah Im with Dist as well, Gintama is awesome.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2011-09-15 at 11:07.
Old 2011-09-15, 10:05   Link #20
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
No one suggested Gintama yet? There's Gintama and Gintama' with the latter airing right now and the first one spans for over 200 episodes. It's funny almost always, and when arcs start you'll have your fix of fighting too.. quite epic sometimes too.