AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-12-22, 08:34   Link #10221
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
btw, I wanna ask the very observant readers here

was the latest chapter the first time ever we get to see panty-shots?
cause from my memory, we always see shadow censoring

Chapter 17
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 09:01   Link #10222
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Frailty, we get panty shots all the time -Hiro Mashima is a great ecchi artist so getting panty shots from him is nothing.
Old 2012-12-22, 10:12   Link #10223
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

What day is it anyway? Is it the last day of the Games? Is it July 7 yet? Having to wait a week to read one chapter has gotten me all confused now regarding the dates.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 12:43   Link #10224
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
What day is it anyway? Is it the last day of the Games? Is it July 7 yet? Having to wait a week to read one chapter has gotten me all confused now regarding the dates.
It's still the last day of the tournament games aka July 6. I think that there are still a few chapters ahead of us, before we will proceed with the events of July 7, aka the "Fated Day".
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:35   Link #10225
chidorimen

I think the result is obviously that Quatro Puppy is the strongest guild. It's the only unexpected thing in this manga.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 23:10   Link #10226
peinmaximus@

to you guys,what is the relationship between natsu and zeref?
and kagura and jellal?
sorry if someone already did this questions.
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 01:44   Link #10227
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
to you guys,what is the relationship between natsu and zeref?
and kagura and jellal?
sorry if someone already did this questions.
Both of those questions, can't be answered at the moment, because the author hasn't revealed the details about their connection with each other.

What we do know, is the fact that Kagura hates Jellal, and that according to Zeref, Natsu is the only one who can "destroy" him... and that's about everything that we know on this topic, at this moment.
Old 2012-12-23, 07:41   Link #10228
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidorimen View Post
I think the result is obviously that Quatro Puppy is the strongest guild. It's the only unexpected thing in this manga.
Remember we're talking about the most unexpected thing from the pov of the Priness Hisui, not the reader (HUGE DIFFERENCE). So the most likely unexpected outcome from the pov of her character is a perfect victory for Fairy Tail winning with all 5 cotestants still standing at the end, even with Jura still in the match. However the cost of FT winning means that all of Fairy Tails best fighters will be weak as shit tommorrow on July 7th.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:37   Link #10229
nacer666

‏‎I think minerva is asking for it.Erza and kagura are still doing forplay yet she is going all out.I think kagura will eventually unsheath her sword and cause a calamity.Jura will lose to laxus because laxus is much more badass than him.‎
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 01:36   Link #10230
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Remember we're talking about the most unexpected thing from the pov of the Priness Hisui, not the reader (HUGE DIFFERENCE). So the most likely unexpected outcome from the pov of her character is a perfect victory for Fairy Tail winning with all 5 cotestants still standing at the end, even with Jura still in the match. However the cost of FT winning means that all of Fairy Tails best fighters will be weak as shit tommorrow on July 7th.
Unexpected to every one would be all guilds being disqualified by technicallities amd puppy winning despite already having lost all their members in the last event.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 07:36   Link #10231
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Unexpected to every one would be all guilds being disqualified by technicallities amd puppy winning despite already having lost all their members in the last event.
The other translation (and the more reliable one) says "spectacular way" not unexpected. This couldn't apply to Puppy due to already being out of the games and behind Blue Pegasus also out of the game but with more points defaulting them to beat QP no matter what and being out BP likely couldn't be technicalities out of the match at this point. Plus Spectacular implies massive win, not the biggest loser randomly winning.

Finally Princess Hisui isn't watching the game live, so her statement is likely based off the public consensus before the final game started where everyone was expecting a close final between Limia Scale, Mermaid Heel, Sabertooth, and Fairy Tail. No one could call the winner then if you recall so everyone was likely suspecting every team would lose members and itd be a very close finally.

I joked about it being QP too back when the chapter came out... but its an old joke now and one the newer translation greatly implies could never be and was just a big misunderstanding due to the previous translation.
Old 2012-12-24, 08:22   Link #10232
kitten320

I start to get a feeling that we will never see that dark future. If future Lucy is here it means she will do everything in her power to stop things from happening what means we will have bright future in the end =/
Old 2012-12-24, 09:39   Link #10233
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I start to get a feeling that we will never see that dark future. If future Lucy is here it means she will do everything in her power to stop things from happening what means we will have bright future in the end =/
That's generally the case, it's rare to see "judgement day" befall the cast during a story. It's usually before it starts.

And with our future Lucy seemingly lost her right arm, some major s*** hitting the fan must of happened.

Way I can see this going is something similar to last episode of Star Trek Voyager.
Where future Lucy goes back to help out but ends up using her life to save the day in the end preventing anyone from the current timeline from dying.
Also clears our time paradox up nicely as well and you know how messing they can get
Old 2012-12-24, 11:14   Link #10234
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Something similar happened in Rave, where Lucy's character equivalent, Elie, came back from the future to warn everyone that the upcoming enemy/event was so strong pretty much everyone died. However even with the warning characters still died (Jellal's equivalent for instance... in an insanely epic way by the way that made him into an total badass).

Now Rave was always darker than Fairy Tail and while the two series are very similar and Hiro does borrow some ideas he put in his Last series Rave but he never quite uses them in the same way either, so take that as you will. My bet is on at least a forced epic retreat due to future Lucy's warning (or maybe a counterattack into the gate as part of her plan, but more likely some go through that gate and the rest of Fairy Tail uses the Lumen Histoire in a similar fashion after they're forced to retreat but later choose to backup/save their nakama who went though the eclipse gate, since I doubt Hiro is setting up something too far down the road I dont think the Lumen Histoire is for anything a few arcs later since he admits to not planning out detailed things that far out) and finally a villain that lasts longer than one arc (something FT really needs imho)... Hiro did say he had at least 3 more that he think he wants to do.

Time will tell... this arc has to be over before the anime catches up after all (speaking of I wonder what filler arc can possibly work due to this arc having dates that set up a new arc right after... hmm... guess we'll have to wait to see )
Old 2012-12-24, 16:34   Link #10235
Chris38

^ Well, I think that we have already been introduced to a villain who lasted for more then a single arc, and that is... Acnologia and Zeref - while Zeref's role as a villain is rather questionable, considering his behavior in the Tenrou Island arc... Anologia is definitely going to be someone who is going to be defeated in some way, one day.

Personally, I also doubt that true purpose of the current Eclipse plan, is going to be fully successful - after all, we got some multiple instances showing the destruction of the Royal Palace, which most likely ... isn't something that the Royal Family and the Kingdom of Fiore want to happen.

I think what the future Lucy is going to do... is to just prevent the ones who have apparently died in the future (the people who's name's, where desirability left blank in the chapter, where the future Levy has made an appearance) .

Other then that, I think that the Future Lucy would do anything else, since - while I'm still not quite sure if Mashima is going to use this rule of traveling, usually, if you change you're past too much, the time line that you came from, might be destroyed as well.

In other words, I think that Mashima is going to impose some limitations on what the future Lucy can change in the current time line, and due to that, she won't be able to change everything that is going to happen on the 7th day.
Old 2012-12-25, 19:39   Link #10236
kitten320

It just will make whole build up pointless if everything gets solved nicely =/

Unless we at least get few chapters showing us the other future.
Old 2012-12-25, 23:50   Link #10237
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Jellal quoted future Lucy as saying some events about to happen are destined. So don't think I'm saying things will get neatly wrapped up. I'm saying future Lucy will saving most if not all of the FT cast and likely some others too when they should have died previously but will still fail to stop 7/7 from happening or likely stop the palace blowing up... etc... due to destiny.

And yes, I agree Zeref and Acnologia are long term villains but they've just really had foreshadowing up till now. I just meant a villain there to fight here and now and not lurking in the shadows like currently.
Old 2012-12-26, 03:09   Link #10238
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

I think it is safe to say that Acnologia is going to destroy the town after the tournament. I hope we can see some people dying defending the town while eclipse is being prepared. Saving everyone is just too much imo.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 07:14   Link #10239
Casshern

So it looks like Levy's letter will never actually be written, since those people who died in the letter will probably survive. Which is just as well; I don't want FT to get dark and depressing. Wouldn't mind seeing it in a flashback from future Lucy though. Btw where was it shown that future Lucy lost an arm?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 10:11   Link #10240
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
So it looks like Levy's letter will never actually be written, since those people who died in the letter will probably survive. Which is just as well; I don't want FT to get dark and depressing. Wouldn't mind seeing it in a flashback from future Lucy though. Btw where was it shown that future Lucy lost an arm?
Didn't see that either.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen