AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-08, 15:01   Link #1
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Area no Kishi

Synopsis taken from MyAnimeList
Quote:
Believing himself to be useless at football, Aizawa Kakeru opts to become the manager of his school's football team, while his brother Suguru is its ace, and is even good enough to represent Japan. However, Kakeru may be harbouring a strong talent within himself that only Suguru can see, and the two often get into arguments over Kakeru's denial of his skills. Things are made more complicated with the return of Seven, an old playmate of theirs that Kakeru has a crush on. Join the brothers in their journey to the national and even international championships!

Genres: Sports, Shounen, School, Comedy

Its being scanlated by Chibisuke-scans at the moment and they have currently released 7 chapters. Its one of my favourite mangas and so far the plot has been pretty good with decent characters.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 19:03   Link #2
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I've been reading this since they released the first 2 chapters a while back. Pretty solid. Actually kinda struck a chord with me when
Spoiler for to chap 7:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 11:29   Link #3
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Spoiler for Upto Chapter 7:
Old 2008-09-14, 12:33   Link #4
retracnosna

seems so obvious the masked player is Seven, kind of hoping it's someone else just for a surprise

awesome manga so far. Always surprised how little attention online-fans give to sports mangas
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 08:08   Link #5
HmR.kS

I'd read it immediately if I were a football fan. Looks pretty good.
But how's the drawing quality? It looks like a pretty old series.
HmR.kS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 05:08   Link #6
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

It started publishing in 2006 and is still going now but has only recently started to be scanlated so the scanlations are waaaay behind the raws. The drawing quality is average-above average but the character designs are great and the story has been decent as well so far.
Old 2008-11-02, 07:13   Link #7
Dark Mage

I love this series but does anyone think Seven likes Kakeru or is it only Kakeru that likes seven. I would like to know the mystery behind Seven's football skills and in chapter 12 even the brazilian Ace seems to know her. So I am guessing that she must have been a really famous soccer player in america. so why did she come back to Japan and does anyone here know what is happening in volume 12?
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 15:03   Link #8
retracnosna

not sure I like the setup for the main character. Seems kind of short-sighted. Dead brother and heart transplant is dramatic and all, but it pretty much dooms kakeru(?) to runner-up status for the entire manga

since no matter what he does he can't surpass his brother at soccer anymore. Short of leading Japan to the world cup or something crazy which obviously won't happen anytime soon. If at all

and even if he gets that girl he likes it's only because his bro died. He was the one she liked
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 15:39   Link #9
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by retracnosna View Post
not sure I like the setup for the main character. Seems kind of short-sighted. Dead brother and heart transplant is dramatic and all, but it pretty much dooms kakeru(?) to runner-up status for the entire manga

since no matter what he does he can't surpass his brother at soccer anymore. Short of leading Japan to the world cup or something crazy which obviously won't happen anytime soon. If at all

and even if he gets that girl he likes it's only because his bro died. He was the one she liked
His brother dies? Around wich chapter did that happen and that seven girl loves kakeru back or it is something like school rumble
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 15:54   Link #10
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
His brother dies? Around wich chapter did that happen
They reveal it in chapter 7, though it's pretty easy to guess what's going to happen in chapter 6.
Old 2009-05-27, 12:48   Link #11
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

A new chapter seems to be scanlated weekly now which is good!! Always helps for sports stories to have interesting characters!! Hope Seven develops into a love interest for Kakeru. I didn't like all the heart transplant thing and I hope it doesn't have a great part to play in the story further down the line, it would have been nicer for Kakeru just to relive the memories that he had of his bro.
Old 2009-06-19, 02:59   Link #12
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Just finished catching up, last time I looked it they only had 18 chapters online.

Really enjoying this manga, I too hope Nana goes for Kakeru. I'm still curious to what her secret is, what happened abroad?

Also, anyone know of any similar mangas to this out of curiosity?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 00:01   Link #13
nekoyashikina

Quote:

that's not totally true, and it's more obvious that seven likes kakeru and not aizawa, it shows some hints like when aizawa and kakeru gets in the accident who does seven yell the name of first and who does she come to? > Kakeru and after aizawa's dead she dosen't really seems upset over it like how a lover would and the scene where it shows back in the elementry of seven giving somehting to aizawa and kakeru thinking that seven likes aizawa might be a misunderstanding to begain with , it never reveals the true intension, she might have actually gave that to aizawa telling him to give to kakeru.. So that's not totally true who relly seven like, so far in the story it's more likely seven liked kakeru to begin with and even if seven liked aizawa i doubt he would like her back, he looks like the typr to like older woman more...
nekoyashikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 00:59   Link #14
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

Haha, this statement sounds pretty ironic, considering that Kakeru, even as far as 18 volumes in, is still a runner-up to so many other characters who are barely even designated rivals.

Spoiler:

Though that may change soon, if latest raws are to be believed as what they want to imply.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 05:33   Link #15
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Bump!

Since we discussed a lot of the anime as well as what happens in the manga at this stage in another thread, I think it's a good idea to revive the thread a little bit. Right now, we are up to chapter 300 in Japan.

Spoiler:

Want to discuss about the manga chapters here? Go ahead!
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 06:17   Link #16
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Bump!

Since we discussed a lot of the anime as well as what happens in the manga at this stage in another thread, I think it's a good idea to revive the thread a little bit. Right now, we are up to chapter 300 in Japan.

Spoiler:
Yeah I seen that...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 06:18   Link #17
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ricardo is the coach right? I thought he got pretty emotional during the final... then again, I didn't read all the chapters before the final match yet (and my low ability in Japanese makes it hard to read all of it).

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 06:47   Link #18
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Ricardo is the coach right? I thought he got pretty emotional during the final... then again, I didn't read all the chapters before the final match yet (and my low ability in Japanese makes it hard to read all of it).
Ricardo Vernardi is one of the 3 foreigners playing for Shukyu; he's an Argentinian D-man who has something against Japanese players for once being at the wrong end of a Japan/Argentina match. Ricky (as Silva calls him) is also a very dirty player with all those dirty tackles and elbows thrown at Kakeru.

I'm just surprised not many among manga writers (having football as the main background for their respective stories) dare showing red cards, especially when some opponents are the exact definition of being dirty bastards. Such characters usually deserve to be sent off as well as to receive jeers from the crowd.

Now, it looks like we are moving on towards the National Team and Kakeru will probably try to make his mark over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Yeah I seen that...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-01-09 at 07:03.
Old 2013-10-18, 14:27   Link #19
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

So far, Kakeru played 2 international games for the U21 team and scored the lone goal for Japan in a 4-1 battering by Brazil. Kakeru was among the very few who were truly pissed by the result.

I must admit that I'm lost since Chapter 324 with Kakeru and Kouta having a professional tryout for some random second division club. That club is one sorry bunch of sods for the record. Furthermore, Coach Iwaki stepping down and then being found again playing for another team alongside Akira Takajo and against Kakeru... I was baffled. That's where we are now at Chapter 336.

I must admit that I was hoping the author would focus on Kakeru progressively gaining more leadership responsibilities as a second year student and see Enoshima's new freshman players. I think the right time to start thinking about professional ranks would be by the 3rd year (with or without a timeskip), when a scout from Europe would try to lure Kakeru into a big club after more success.
Old 2016-02-03, 07:15   Link #20
Triok123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Nope so far. Either way, the series was quite catching up fast and it mostly followed the manga's storyline. If they consider picking it up, they'll do it from where it ended. However, I seriously think they could have given the viewers at least the end of the first step to glory by show us Enoshima winning the provincial tournament.

I just caught up the latest chapter, 292, and...

Spoiler for first warning:
four year after..new changes in that aspect??
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote