AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2013-03-22, 01:56   Link #1501
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Well, the ending did leave room for a continuation of sorts. A very excellent series, to say the least. As questions are answered, new questions form. As long as Sibyl still exist, the story can continue on. However, it might not be Akane focused if a sequel does happen. Essentially, Akane has left the role of overtaking Sibyl to someone else. If a sequel happens, it will probably be about the next generation.

Like Sin City, Gundam, or something.

Short stories in this Universe, movies. A new "main character" for a second season. Akane could be a POV main character or a major supporting character. Anything could work. Kogami returning to help lead Rina's revolution.

The Shogo-Kogami-Akane incident comes to an end.

Kougami sails off to a foreign country. He may show up as a presence on the web in a continuation. He's probably off to become a mercenary or soldier in a foreign country.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 15:16   Link #1502
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Side note: Kogami was never the main character.
Old 2013-03-22, 16:21   Link #1503
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
He was the face of the show
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 03:53   Link #1504
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I think season 2 is possible. Akane's struggle still doesn't end (sigh I love Akane being badass but I don't like her current eyes) We don't know what really happened with Kougami, I also wonder why Sibyl hired that new inspector. She's still a high schooler right?? O_O" she is younger than Akane! and how about Rina etc struggling towards Sibyl? There's still many questions have to be answered.
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 04:00   Link #1505
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
I think season 2 is possible. Akane's struggle still doesn't end (sigh I love Akane being badass but I don't like her current eyes) We don't know what really happened with Kougami, I also wonder why Sibyl hired that new inspector. She's still a high schooler right?? O_O" she is younger than Akane! and how about Rina etc struggling towards Sibyl? There's still many questions have to be answered.
and Gino and Akane in their car, Gino told if I'm not mistaken that they hired a minor because it is their fault?? I board not really understand why it is for its their fault?

yes there are still plenty of question, and another for a possible season 2, then as the system will sibyl where there will always be people who will want to destroy ...
Old 2013-03-23, 05:16   Link #1506
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
and Gino and Akane in their car, Gino told if I'm not mistaken that they hired a minor because it is their fault?? I board not really understand why it is for its their fault?
It's probably because Gino became an Enforcer, leaving them with only one Inspector. If Akane and Gino had had more success with their missions and Gino's psycho-pass score hadn't gone up, they wouldn't be so desperate for a new Inspector that they would hire a minor. People with the right disposition to be Inspectors are few and far between.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 05:19   Link #1507
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Well, he's far more interesting than our Akane... He took the spot light without knowing it... It's called Charisma..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 05:30   Link #1508
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well, he's far more interesting than our Akane... He took the spot light without knowing it... It's called Charisma..
It's true that Kogami is a very interesting and charismatic character and is the protagonist of the show to me, but Akane is cuter and charming, and despite being weak at first, she suddenly grow on me both physically and mentally.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 09:58   Link #1509
4Tran

Quote:
The out-of-story reason is that they wanted to mirror the scene in the first episode, and they can't do that if the new inspector is older or more imposing looking than Akane.
Old 2013-03-23, 10:40   Link #1510
Kirarakim

I highly doubt there will be a season 2. Yeah things were left open but not in the open for a sequel sense.

And yeah the series sold well but not that well.
Old 2013-03-23, 13:03   Link #1511
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
We know what happens to Kogami at the end. He's on a boat.. post-credit scene. He's likely off to become a mercenary or something.

The show had two main characters but one was the primary focus of the show.

Akane was the primary main character/focus character...we get to hear her thoughts, the most. The story is told from her point of view, mostly. The story is mostly focused on her point of view.

Kogami is the co-main character and the central character, the most important. We get to hear his thoughts a lot and is the central character in the plot but the story isn't really told from his perspective, we hardly know much of his past personal life or origins... he's enigmatic. All we know is that he's a fallen cop, Akane has a crush on him, and he's Shogo's archnemesis. He's the guy that ties Shogo to Akane and the guy most important in stopping Shogo. Kogami is obsessed with capturing Shogo, avenging his victims. Akane would have never survived against Shogo on her own. Akane would not have become what she is without the influence of Kogami.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 17:06   Link #1512
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
It's probably because Gino became an Enforcer, leaving them with only one Inspector. If Akane and Gino had had more success with their missions and Gino's psycho-pass score hadn't gone up, they wouldn't be so desperate for a new Inspector that they would hire a minor. People with the right disposition to be Inspectors are few and far between.
Mika has the ability to be an inspector, at his age, but instead of waiting until she reached the age of 19 or 20 years, she has been directly involved? when she was still in high school?
Old 2013-03-24, 00:31   Link #1513
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Mika has the ability to be an inspector, at his age, but instead of waiting until she reached the age of 19 or 20 years, she has been directly involved? when she was still in high school?
Hmm, not sure what you're asking there, because I think we're all aware that Mika is a minor.

I'd say the fact that when they had to get a new Inspector they ended up having to take a minor for the job must mean that they had no other candidates.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 00:34   Link #1514
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Hmm, not sure what you're asking there, because I think we're all aware that Mika is a minor.

I'd say the fact that when they had to get a new Inspector they ended up having to take a minor for the job must mean that they had no other candidates.
Or it could just mean that she had exceptional aptitude for the job. After all, the Japan in the show is all about metrics rather than strict qualifications.
Old 2013-03-24, 01:59   Link #1515
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Or at this point, Japan might be running out of people willing to be a member of the police. And so they might not exactly be getting to pick from the cream of the crop any more.

Tomomi, Kougami, and Gino are all Inspectors who ended up as latent criminals (and hence Enforcers). While these people didn't strike me as having a lot of connections (i.e. large circles of friends and family members), word might still be getting around that if you sign up to be an Inspector you're ultimately dooming yourself to become a latent criminal.

It's not hard to imagine the more high-achieving teenagers talking amongst themselves about what future professions they'll pick, and one saying "Please don't become an Inspector with the police. Don't you know what happens to those people?"

In some ways, this might actually be the biggest threat facing Sybil. In a world where psychological well-being counts for almost everything, who wants to face the sort of job stresses that are likely to undermine that well-being and turn you into a latent criminal before the age of 30? But with an increasingly skeleton police force, it will get increasingly tougher to handle crime.
Old 2013-03-24, 02:00   Link #1516
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
And yeah the series sold well but not that well.
And which sales do you consider well enough?
The average sells of Psycho-Pass for now are 9,145 and Highschool DxD has 9,751 in total and even that was enough for another season.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 05:31   Link #1517
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
The average sells of Psycho-Pass for now are 9,145 and Highschool DxD has 9,751 in total and even that was enough for another season.
is it total of all the sells? I recall it's more than that.
Highschool DxD is not an original anime unlike Psycho Pass. It's rare for an original anime to get a season 2. OVA or movie is still possible though, like madoka.
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 12:25   Link #1518
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Or at this point, Japan might be running out of people willing to be a member of the police. And so they might not exactly be getting to pick from the cream of the crop any more.

Tomomi, Kougami, and Gino are all Inspectors who ended up as latent criminals (and hence Enforcers). While these people didn't strike me as having a lot of connections (i.e. large circles of friends and family members), word might still be getting around that if you sign up to be an Inspector you're ultimately dooming yourself to become a latent criminal.

It's not hard to imagine the more high-achieving teenagers talking amongst themselves about what future professions they'll pick, and one saying "Please don't become an Inspector with the police. Don't you know what happens to those people?"

In some ways, this might actually be the biggest threat facing Sybil. In a world where psychological well-being counts for almost everything, who wants to face the sort of job stresses that are likely to undermine that well-being and turn you into a latent criminal before the age of 30? But with an increasingly skeleton police force, it will get increasingly tougher to handle crime.
It's not just police, though. Sibyl basically rewards slackers. "Do what comes naturally. Don't stress, ever. Don't become invested. In anything, especially not your job."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 12:38   Link #1519
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
As Reincarnated pointed out you are comparing an original series with an adaption.

With adaptions they don't just look at disc sales but also sales of the original work.

I am not saying a 2nd season is completely out of the question (even though I disagree that the ending was pointing to one) but I certainly wouldn't bank on it.
Old 2013-03-30, 10:03   Link #1520
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf

Lol the last message on the left...wonder what they mean....Please wait for upcoming Psycho Pass. Hope they really mean S2

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller