AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-24, 13:39   Link #21
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painless
I, for one, am worried about the bad influence this show could have on little children. First, in the beginning, dogtato irresponsibly rolls down a hill and harms an innocent bystander. When asked why he rolled when he could have safely walked, he says that he had only one reason - to go faster. He is only convinced to walk when he's told that his looks are better when he walks. After this, he simply smiles and proceeds to hit on girls (who he'll probably abuse in later episodes). While this kind of shallow, hedonistic anti-hero would be acceptable in a series for more mature watchers, I feel that showing this to children under 15 years of age is very dangerous.
I'm more worried if children start making friends with potatoes.
Old 2004-04-24, 20:24   Link #22
chamelean75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painless
I, for one, am worried about the bad influence this show could have on little children. First, in the beginning, dogtato irresponsibly rolls down a hill and harms an innocent bystander. When asked why he rolled when he could have safely walked, he says that he had only one reason - to go faster. He is only convinced to walk when he's told that his looks are better when he walks. After this, he simply smiles and proceeds to hit on girls (who he'll probably abuse in later episodes). While this kind of shallow, hedonistic anti-hero would be acceptable in a series for more mature watchers, I feel that showing this to children under 15 years of age is very dangerous.
You are thinking way too much. I think that you are a "TAD" bit over reacting. I could never interpret this anime the same way you did. I just watched it. I could see a 5 year old watching it. Hahahah, I would think a bigger problem would be if people started to make their vegetables into animals and keep them as pets. muahahahahahaha
Old 2004-04-24, 22:14   Link #23
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Painless: you make a good case. In an effort to protect our children, we in the Triad will take the first step towards self-regulating fansubbed anime, and will start rating the episodes we release. Out of laziness, we'll just use the same ones the MPAA uses. So from ep2 onwards, Dogtato will be rated R for animated violence, sexual innuendo, and adult situations. Hopefully in the future we will be able to use digital techniques to ban any underaged viewers from watching our fansubs, possibly through some wholesome DRM encoding methods.

If we don't think of the children, who will?
Old 2004-05-11, 16:34   Link #24
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Dogtato-kun 2 is out for all you crazy crazy strangely normal fans out there. Fun episode.
Old 2004-05-11, 19:35   Link #25
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Dogtato-kun 2 is out for all you crazy crazy strangely normal fans out there. Fun episode.
Croconion is so cynical! What tragic backstory could he have? Maybe he, too, is jealous of Dogtato-kun's beauty.

Eggplooch is truly a creature of wonder also.
(I'd have been impressed if you'd thought of a pun on "aubergine"...)
Old 2004-05-11, 19:55   Link #26
Kiro
chocolate overdose

that croconion is SO hilarious. his laughter is awesome. ^^
Old 2004-05-11, 20:35   Link #27
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky
(I'd have been impressed if you'd thought of a pun on "aubergine"...)
I had actually considered it, but decided that there was at least a chance of someone figuring out what "Eggplooch" meant, where there was no chance of the alternative (whatever it turned out to be).
Old 2004-05-12, 12:28   Link #28
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
I had actually considered it, but decided that there was at least a chance of someone figuring out what "Eggplooch" meant, where there was no chance of the alternative (whatever it turned out to be).
Auberghound?
Old 2004-05-12, 13:35   Link #29
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Auberghound?
How about Auberginu? Scalligator?
Old 2004-05-12, 13:44   Link #30
Karala

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceleader
Just remember, this is a kids show....made by someone on crack... lots of crack. and acid. Then you can enjoy this series
Nope,I tried thinking like that, it didn't work... I have beteer things to do with my life then waste 5 minutes watching a show for 2 year olds and lower my IQ to a point of no return O_O
Old 2004-05-12, 14:27   Link #31
Killerattacks

I felt strange watching this:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-12, 16:36   Link #32
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
I felt strange watching this:
Well, the japanese are more open about that sort of thing. (Joking, joking.)

Fun episode. I like the alligator.
Old 2007-06-18, 19:13   Link #33
satsuke
Central Anime

Correction on -suki page

Just wondered if anybody would bother correcting the page for this show ,. it's sorda hard to have episodes 1-25 on a show listed as having completed with 16 eps.

just a thought ..

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/406.html
Closed Thread