AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 28 38.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 31.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-14, 21:45   Link #21
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Marcoh in the preview. About time!
I second that! Been wondering what happened to him.. figured he be dead. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
Ling is pretty smooth for a guy who can't use alchemy or any special powers. Seems like a nice set up towards the next fight. Loved the Winry and Ed moments.

Pretty good episode overall.
Ling was bad ass this episode. Jumping out of the sewer and shoving the grenade down Gluttony's throat. Awesome.

And I liked the added romance but I hate how Winry realized it like that. The whole "oh, i love him/her" realization its.. dumb. Anyone else know what I'm getting at here?
Old 2009-09-14, 22:25   Link #22
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And I liked the added romance but I hate how Winry realized it like that. The whole "oh, i love him/her" realization its.. dumb. Anyone else know what I'm getting at here?
Not exactly dripping with melodrama, but it's touching all the same. I like how the quick flashbacks show she was always vaguely aware of her feelings on some level (hence why it didn't really strike her as a big surprise), and her reaction was a result of that gradual rise in realization. It was sweet.

Anyway, the last couple episodes have really renewed my faith in the show, which have been coincidentally (or not so coincidentally) following the manga almost down to a tee.

Old 2009-09-14, 23:32   Link #23
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Not exactly dripping with melodrama, but it's touching all the same. I like how the quick flashbacks show she was always vaguely aware of her feelings on some level (hence why it didn't really strike her as a big surprise), and her reaction was a result of that gradual rise in realization. It was sweet.
Agreed! There's nothing flashy about Winry's realization. She did it in a simple and natural way. She has known Ed for a long time now and her feelings for him has developed all along those years. But up to this ep she has always thought of him as a brother, a family precious to her and nothing else. So her realization that it really was love was necessary, imo. I really don't get why it's dumb to realize one's feelings, I think having those feelings all along and not realizing them is much dumber...

(sorry, I'm really bad at expressing thoughts, but you know what I mean...)
Old 2009-09-15, 00:49   Link #24
takachsh
Unagi, Rice Bowl Love

Not being a reader of the manga this new series really has me thinking about whats going to happen next, they keep throwing so much new story I really wish I had read the manga now hah.

I <3 Gluttony's Voice!

Spoiler for Fullmetal Alchemist, Gluttony:
Old 2009-09-15, 04:37   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I love how the preview for episode 24 mainly just shows everyone's shocked/disgusted face at the form Gluttony has taken.
Old 2009-09-15, 05:36   Link #26
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The little panda is going to grow into kung fu panda.

Really good episode, this is going to get interesting now that Mustang's ploy was discovered by the Fuhrer.
Old 2009-09-15, 11:55   Link #27
klare

Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2009-09-15, 12:09   Link #28
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Agreed! There's nothing flashy about Winry's realization. She did it in a simple and natural way. She has known Ed for a long time now and her feelings for him has developed all along those years. But up to this ep she has always thought of him as a brother, a family precious to her and nothing else. So her realization that it really was love was necessary, imo. I really don't get why it's dumb to realize one's feelings, I think having those feelings all along and not realizing them is much dumber...

(sorry, I'm really bad at expressing thoughts, but you know what I mean...)
Wasn't there a scene some episodes ago where Winry realized that Ed got bigger? This scene hinted that she is developing some feelings and now she finally says it (to herself).

I really like the series since the story leaves the old episodes and it's my favorite shonen-action show at them moment. Bones really succeeds in showing dramatic scenes and then bringing in some humour later.

The "food pyramid"-thinking of the tiny panda was really funny.
Old 2009-09-15, 16:28   Link #29
kitten320

Seriesa are getting better and better. About first 10 episodes which were mostly a quick recap from old series, were boring. But since story has taken different turn, it is really aweasome!

Poor Lou Fa, hope she will get an aweasome automail.

Lol Panda girl has knocked out her 'prince' I wonder what will be her reaction when she will find out tha he is Edward Anyway I really liked how she did the transmutation circle with just her foor and knives.

Also poor Glutony. Even though food is everything that he cares about, Lust still was far more important for him.
Old 2009-09-15, 16:35   Link #30
GaimeGuy

Lou Fa? LOU FA?

Wtf kind of a name butchering is that?
Old 2009-09-15, 17:03   Link #31
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
NOOOO RAN FAN/NANA-CHAN. ; _ ;

Gluttony broke free.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-09-15, 17:22   Link #32
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

HollySht!!! What an Awesome Ep!!! Winry finally realizing she has fallen for ED (something I wanted to see in the first version) ... that lil cute lil kid with the panda kicking some alchemist ass and then saving scar and even better Glutony going full beast on Roy's @ss!!! what else could we possibly ask from one ep! ... totally awesome
Old 2009-09-15, 19:31   Link #33
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Great ep! I wouldn't expect something like this to have happened in the first season. Brotherhood is really setting itself apart from the first in many ways now... The Xing characters are all awesome this episode.

Panda girl is so cute ^^;
Old 2009-09-16, 04:32   Link #34
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Lou Fa? LOU FA?

Wtf kind of a name butchering is that?
Geez... chill out! Big deal, I still was near. At lest I didn't call her Futaba or something.

Why everyone gets so worked up about some names?
It's not like I have insulted her.
Old 2009-09-16, 04:58   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Not everyone is getting worked up over it. Only one person.
Old 2009-09-16, 05:33   Link #36
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Geez... chill out! Big deal, I still was near. At lest I didn't call her Futaba or something.

I hear ya.... I too have taken heat in the past for misspelling an anime character's name (even got several neg rep because of it).. guess there are some super-hardcore otakus in this forum... can't offend their fave characters by "mizpelling" their names!!

But besides all that ... I went back and saw this ep again.... totally loved that lil girl with the panda kicking some Fullmetal ass ... lol and the way she does her transmutation circles is pretty stylish too... I guess that by the time she gets to be as old as ED she would have seriously kick'd some @ss ... well at least in my imaginary FMA series .. lol
Old 2009-09-16, 05:50   Link #37
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not everyone is getting worked up over it. Only one person.
I wasn't reffering only to this case, it happens really often other times and in other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
I hear ya.... I too have taken heat in the past for misspelling an anime character's name (even got several neg rep because of it).. guess there are some super-hardcore otakus in this forum... can't offend their fave characters by "mizpelling" their names!!

But besides all that ... I went back and saw this ep again.... totally loved that lil girl with the panda kicking some Fullmetal ass ... lol and the way she does her transmutation circles is pretty stylish too... I guess that by the time she gets to be as old as ED she would have seriously kick'd some @ss ... well at least in my imaginary FMA series .. lol
Lol then I'm being offended for 3 years without realizing it since no one in UK can say my name properly

And yeh that girl was impressive. Hope to see some more action from her as well as more unique transmutation circle drawings
Old 2009-09-16, 10:57   Link #38
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Well, her name was in the eyecatch of this exactly episode.

And this isn't funny, really. Well, move on, this has nothing to do with FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST.
Old 2009-09-16, 11:55   Link #39
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_ View Post

And this isn't funny, really. Well, move on, this has nothing to do with FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST.
Do you really want me to remeber all names that I saw there? Maybe my subs were off?

And she is FMA character so obviously she has a lot to do with FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!
Old 2009-09-16, 18:22   Link #40
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_ View Post

We are having a discussion about the name of a fullmetal alchemist character ... how does that have nothing to do with FMA? lol.... but seriously this is my POV... I am currently watching nearly 6 anime series not to mention series such as LOST, Heroes and Smallville (which will resume in a few days) .. and Supernatural.... in addition to the many blogs/forums I read and participate in which btw are filled with nicks (these last 2 not on a daily basis cause there are only so many hours in the day)

I am not mentioning those series to derail the thread/conversation, I am just mentioning them because I hear lots of "fictitional characters names" almost on a daily basis.... so forgetting what the name of a particular character or better yet knowing what it sounds like but not being able to properly spell it "on-the-fly" shouldn't strike anyone as an offense since it wasn't meant to be... that would be a rather childish assumption because we are all here cause we like FMA not because we want to make fun of it (with the exception of the obvious comedic scenes)

That being said, yes! I do find the original issue rather amusing....

Quote:
Do you really want me to remeber all names that I saw there? Maybe my subs were off?

And she is FMA character so obviously she has a lot to do with FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!

Agreed ....

ALSO.... regarding this episode.... did u notice that the "lil panda" whose-name-i-dont-know-or-seem-to-recall right now... also kicked AL/ED during their entrance to save scar? that was so LOL awesome .. and then in the end he takes the same ninja stance as the lil girl... I lol'd

Last edited by CuXe; 2009-09-16 at 18:38.
Closed Thread