AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 01:31   Link #1
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Bad Anime Adaptions you want Remade.

Basically, what anime series that is based on a manga you truly enjoyed but turned to utter garbage when made into an anime, you want remade / handled by a better studio?

For me it has to be Rosario + Vampire Gonzo basically just took the characters and setting and then turned it into utter bargain bin trash.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 01:54   Link #2
james0246

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a more complete Houshin Engi...then again, I guess I do not care that much...

Maybe Mahou Sensei Negima!...though we are kind of getting that with the new OVAs...

An updated version of Slam Dunk...?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 02:40   Link #3
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This topic scares me with where it seems to be going, but I kind of wouldn't mind seeing a new Hokuto No Ken TV Series with updated animation and no Toei Douga to formula it up and make changes in order to do so. In fact I'd almost say redo everything Toei has ever done to deformulaize (is that a word?) and improve the animation. This is something that is already kind of being done, but they still ought to keep at it.

I don't really mean for that to sound like I'm turning this into a studio bashing thread (see I knew this was leading down dangerous roads just on account of my own chattiness), but Toei is kind of cheap and formulaic with their adaptations (and I think people got the point already) and I find it hard to deny it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 13:39   Link #4
icab
Moe Moe Kyun~

A pokemon anime with a more in-depth story.
That would be a fun show.
icab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 13:47   Link #5
Deathscyther

Zero no Tsukaima:
They kind of ruined the story because of all the fanservice.

Shakugan no Shana:
I liked the anime, but I would like it if they'd follow the novels more closely at some points.
Old 2009-10-17, 14:38   Link #6
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Shakugan no Shana:
I liked the anime, but I would like it if they'd follow the novels more closely at some points.
This is one I would like to see remade. The anime got too cutesy at times when I felt they could remain a little more serious. The movie does a fairly good job, so I would hope they could make everything just like the movie....

Other adaptions that need to be remade?

TSUKIHIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
They trashed the visual novel. There is no Tsukihime anime. There is no Tsukihime anime. There is no Tsukihime!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 16:35   Link #7
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This is one I would like to see remade. The anime got too cutesy at times when I felt they could remain a little more serious. The movie does a fairly good job, so I would hope they could make everything just like the movie....

Other adaptions that need to be remade?

TSUKIHIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
They trashed the visual novel. There is no Tsukihime anime. There is no Tsukihime anime. There is no Tsukihime!
When it all fails, deny, deny, deny That's how I am with the R+V anime
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 17:16   Link #8
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

All I am gonna say about the Claymore ending, is that it was a little too original for my tastes.
Old 2009-10-17, 19:22   Link #9
Oppius
Banned

I think Sunrise should remake Gundam Wing. Add more female characters, repair the animation and most importantly make it friendlier to male audiences.

Gundam Wing is one of the show that made by a studio which made mostly male-oriented shows but unfortunately they make wrong turn and try to fish female audiences instead. As result, Gundam Wing was born. At least Gundam 00 is the semi-reincarnation of Wing.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 19:35   Link #10
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Claymore ending seconded. Also ZnT needs a remake for 3rd season, but if they just get it right from this point on that would also be good.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 19:59   Link #11
Midonin
Last Engage

Is this really the type of attitude that should be fostered? There's enough self-righteous and self-absorbed people across the anime fandom spectrum as it is.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 20:03   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Is this really the type of attitude that should be fostered? There's enough self-righteous and self-absorbed people across the anime fandom spectrum as it is.
We are not free to express our opinions now? Just because anime is created for us, we can't criticize it and hope for better?
Old 2009-10-17, 21:20   Link #13
Slice of Life
eyewitness

This thread is bad; it should be redone by Kyoto Animation.

Remakes are at best pointless, namely when they retell the same story with more shiny animation. When they are made to fix some imaginary "shortcomings" they're worse. But that hardly happens outside of fan fantasies anyway. Unfortunately, some real examples exist *though cough* Eva *cough*
Old 2009-10-17, 21:38   Link #14
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
KyoAni (aka MoeAni or TrollAni (Post E8)), will make even the most unmoeish animes into moeblobs Imagine KyoAni remaking Beserk or Fist of the North Star.... *shiver*
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 23:21   Link #15
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

I'd like to see a Love Hina anime that covers the whole manga and has a similar art style.
Old 2009-10-18, 00:23   Link #16
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Remakes are at best pointless, namely when they retell the same story with more shiny animation. When they are made to fix some imaginary "shortcomings" they're worse. But that hardly happens outside of fan fantasies anyway. Unfortunately, some real examples exist *though cough* Eva *cough*
Maybe "retelling the same story" is the textbook definition of a "remake," that may not what the OP is talking about. When manga "enthusiasts" talk down on anime adaptations, it's mainly because the anime decides to stray from the manga. What they want is the true storyline of the manga animated, and not some tangent from its premise. That would then be some kind of an alternate universe with a different story, from a certain point, sort of like the KgNE OVAs or FMA:B.

In any case, I totally support KyoAni remaking everything.
Old 2009-10-18, 00:45   Link #17
mit7059

Although it wasn't poorly done I would love to see Initial D redone with a decent budget and modern animation. Even the 4th stage suffered from a small budget.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 00:55   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
KyoAni (aka MoeAni or TrollAni (Post E8)), will make even the most unmoeish animes into moeblobs Imagine KyoAni remaking Beserk or Fist of the North Star.... *shiver*
Fist of the Moeblob? I bet somebody's drawn it. Anyway this thread has pretty much headed exactly down the road I thought it was headed. Here's to predictability. However:

Quote:

Remakes are at best pointless, namely when they retell the same story with more shiny animation. When they are made to fix some imaginary "shortcomings" they're worse. But that hardly happens outside of fan fantasies anyway.
Your tongue in cheek sarcasm actually hits home with me today. Outside of usage with the following sentence however it would have been bitterly cliche. In any case I think you know what this means, but alas cookies are a sometimes food according to the console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
I think Sunrise should remake Gundam Wing. Add more female characters, repair the animation and most importantly make it friendlier to male audiences.

Gundam Wing is one of the show that made by a studio which made mostly male-oriented shows but unfortunately they make wrong turn and try to fish female audiences instead. As result, Gundam Wing was born. At least Gundam 00 is the semi-reincarnation of Wing.
Right on! Women have no place being fans of anime.

Honestly I can't really fault anybody for trying to go for cross gender appeal. Anime is in desperate need of more demographics to target than straight up male otaku.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-10-18 at 02:08.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 07:16   Link #19
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I hate what Toei unanimation did to Saint Seiya Mekai hen, they should do the same work as they did to Hades Sanctuary arc.

There is Tsukihime, they should do something as good as the story of the game.

Naruto Shippuden, they should do a remake, I don't know but they killed the show.

Tsubasa Chronicle, too slow with Bee Train studio.
Old 2009-10-18, 07:35   Link #20
othera

haruhi s2... : D
shakugan no shana season 2 should be remade... >.>

tsukihime
othera is offline   Reply With Quote