AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 8 19.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-14, 10:32   Link #21
Abbott
Munior Jember

I enjoyed episode 5.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-14, 10:59   Link #22
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Now granted I still have yet to see episode 5 subbed, but I'm not ready to write off either girl yet. There is still a chance for Hazumu to pick either one, but then again it could be like several series and end with absolutely no choice at all. However until then I'm going to continue rooting for Tomari while preparing to accept Yasuna.
Old 2006-02-14, 15:16   Link #23
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Episode 5 was subbed by almost a day as it's now, so I guess it's ok to write outside spoiler tags.

I would be tempted to give a full 10 to this episode, which was marvellous and even superior, imho, than the previous one. But I'll restrain myself because I feel Kashimashi could give even more to the attendance, I'll keep my full rating for then. In the poll mine would be marked as a 9, but I write here: it's actually a 9,5 more close to ten than to nine.
Basically it's just SO great the way this show is realized. The character development is done marvellously, hence we could really feel close to these characters' feelings.
That ending scene was just... fantastic.
It's difficult to add something, I'm quite speechless because I'm realizing to be probably dealing with one of the best romance anime I have ever seen, and after only 5 episodes!
I may add how wonderful the 3 seiyuus were (especially Tamura Yukari because I've never seen her in a role close to this before), but it's a sentence that is getting overused, since it has to be stated at each episode.

A couple of considerations:

- It's admittedly kinda rare for a romance, but I can't absolutely find a girl I prefere among another one. Yasuna and Tomari are perfectly even. Usually you get to root for someone over someone else. I think in Kashimashi this would be pretty difficult. At least for me it is. And while I was very happy at the end of episode 5 for Hazumu and Yasuna, I couldn't help but being truly sad for Tomari. I'd rather see a triangle solution, at this point, instead of a choice or something else.

- This show goes very fast. While we use to call a lot of anime "slow paced" and "slice of life", Kashimashi is introducing new labels as "fast paced" and "running life". I mean, what they showed in 5 episodes could have been easily filled a 12 ep. series. I don't know whether having a longer development would have been better or worse than this. I just know that so we won't get much to stay with the protagonists. And seen the greatness of these protagonists, it's a real pity.

And now, it's Tomari's turn to have the main spotlight on. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-02-14 at 15:27.
Old 2006-02-14, 19:24   Link #24
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Personally, I'm rooting for an Hazumu x Asuta ending
Old 2006-02-14, 21:16   Link #25
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesAurivern
Personally, I'm rooting for an Hazumu x Asuta ending
In some ways, I am rooting for them too. The poor guy needs some attention.
Old 2006-02-14, 21:59   Link #26
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
In some ways, I am rooting for them too. The poor guy needs some attention.
I'd root Ayuki(witch) and Atsuta(witch's slave) pair.
Old 2006-02-14, 22:03   Link #27
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevency
I'd root Ayuki(witch) and Atsuta(witch's slave) pair.
I'd go for this, but a Hazumu x Asuta is out of the question for me. I'll set fire to my computer if that happens.
Old 2006-02-14, 22:07   Link #28
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
I'd go for this, but a Hazumu x Asuta is out of the question for me. I'll set fire to my computer if that happens.
Why? what do you have against this pairing?

P.S. Would burning your computer be considered a more drastic or a less drastic action than burning your bra (Mai Otome forum, I believe)?
Old 2006-02-15, 10:15   Link #29
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Why? what do you have against this pairing?

P.S. Would burning your computer be considered a more drastic or a less drastic action than burning your bra (Mai Otome forum, I believe)?
I think you got the wrong gender here

Catgirls, despite his name, is a guy.

Edit for a small misplaced word...

Last edited by Akuma-sama; 2006-02-15 at 14:12.
Old 2006-02-15, 12:05   Link #30
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Catgirls, despite his name, is a guy.
Yes, you'll find that I regularly use "burning" as a metaphoric expression of angry futility. Bras, computers, cats...just part of my poetic side.
Old 2006-02-15, 15:07   Link #31
monster

Ah, forgive my error. You're the third/fourth guy in AS I thought to be a girl.
Old 2006-02-15, 22:46   Link #32
Johan_the_Monster

Okay, something confused me about this episode...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-15, 23:46   Link #33
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan_the_Monster
Spoiler:
We have a winner!

Seriously, this is an Anime. Screw that, this is an Anime that involves aliens crashing into a little person standing on a mountain and reforming him into a girl. Who ends up being in a girl triangle.

They had to have some way to push Yasuna onto girls...

Plus, thinking physics or any real-life science in a non-serious anime (or even serious ones) kills catgirls. Be kind to the nicest mod around, please
</suckup mode>
Old 2006-02-16, 09:40   Link #34
phrozen

when I watch osu's sub, the anime plays much MUCH faster than the audio. Other animes that I download are fine and I've tried playing it with Winamp and Media Classic Player and there's no difference Other than that (maybe something to do with my own settings?), I think the the overall subbing is great!

hmm..as for the love triangle, ...i DON't knoW who to root for!! No matter who Hazumu chooses, the animators better have a 'happy' ending for the third party planned out well enough or I'm gonna go after them and wreak havoc! Though 'happy' here is relative. :P
Old 2006-02-16, 12:23   Link #35
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan_the_Monster
Okay, something confused me about this episode...

Spoiler:
There is also one thing, suprisingly enough, in the end of this series
Spoiler:

Old 2006-02-16, 12:24   Link #36
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen
when I watch osu's sub, the anime plays much MUCH faster than the audio. Other animes that I download are fine and I've tried playing it with Winamp and Media Classic Player and there's no difference Other than that (maybe something to do with my own settings?), I think the the overall subbing is great!
Same here. >_<

Hmm, I still am rooting for Tomari/Hazumu; I don't know why but I still don't like Yasuna..
Whatever, the episode was good.
Old 2006-02-16, 16:46   Link #37
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

To the people with playback troubles: You need to either
1. Get and install the CCCP ( http://cccp-project.net ), or
2. Follow Anime-Suki's playback guide to install and use Haali's media splitter properly.
The episode uses variable framerate (VFR), and if your player/splitter doesn't support that, you will get the problem you both have.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2006-02-16, 17:28   Link #38
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
To the people with playback troubles: You need to either
1. Get and install the CCCP ( http://cccp-project.net ), or
2. Follow Anime-Suki's playback guide to install and use Haali's media splitter properly.
The episode uses variable framerate (VFR), and if your player/splitter doesn't support that, you will get the problem you both have.
Ah, thank you, it's playing properly now
Old 2006-02-16, 18:25   Link #39
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
Spoiler:

Egads, I hope that's not what happens. I'd lose my lunch.
Old 2006-02-17, 02:01   Link #40
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Wow this series is SO amazing! I'm hooked!
I think the pacing is good. I like animes that move along and don't sit around and drag out scenes that could be just as effectively played out on a faster scale. Having the flashback scene from episode one reapear so suddenly is kinda weird, but it goes with the shows fast pace.
Father joke is still funny, however english teacher falling down gag is getting kind of old. This is even noted somewhat internally as all the students just walk away after she falls.
I think Hazumu is going to go for Yasuna, as she is making all the right moves while Tomari is acting like a brat. However Hazumu might be turned off by Yasuna as she is trying to assume the male role in the relationship: "But if you're a girl, this time it's my turn to court you"

Side note just for Osu!'s sub:
Was the karaoke really neccesary for Jan-Pu's song? Pu pu pu!
Also I like the fact that you assume that your audience doesn't need lines in english subtitled. Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread