AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-27, 20:52   Link #2181
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Was I the only one who was waiting for someone to tsukkomi Maou for making a gate to toss James through, but seemingly forgetting that his goal all along was to find a way to go back himself? It seemed like a missed opportunity in more ways than one.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 20:58   Link #2182
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Was I the only one who was waiting for someone to tsukkomi Maou for making a gate to toss James through, but seemingly forgetting that his goal all along was to find a way to go back himself? It seemed like a missed opportunity in more ways than one.
either he is really stupid or he doesn't want to leave.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:29   Link #2183
Anime Online

I don't see why Maou has to be the one who opens the gate and tosses Sariel in. Afterall, Emi can open the gate too and she has those holy potions to replenish her magic.

The way Maou disposes of his enemies seem really irresponsible. He just chuck Sariel through the gate without making sure Sariel doesn't come back and create more mischief. Did he and Batman attend the same school? Just look at what happened to Orba. He woke up and instantly went after Maou. It was fortunate Maou was protected by plot armor, or he would really have been done in by Sariel.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 21:40   Link #2184
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Huh? I was under the impression his goal was to conquer Japan before he goes back.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:00   Link #2185
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
He probably needed more magic to have himself and his underlings go with him.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:32   Link #2186
Kmos

Pretty sure Maou is an expert manipulator. His evil plans are falling into place for sure!
The scene where he tries to convince Chiho and Suzuno to take turns cooking for him and his look when Ashiya returns.
The talk with Ashiya about turning Emi to their side.
This episode as a season finale wasn't great but I enjoyed those two things in it. This anime so far has been very entertaining and I'm hopeful for a second season. Katsu DOOM for all!

Oh yea, the reason to stay behind in this world is to turn Emi is what I think after this episode. I'm probably taking the joke seriously but it's a sound excuse for me.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:36   Link #2187
VTHokiePride

Just finished the final episode. I hope there's a season 2. I never got to figure out who the landlady was and Emi's comrades weren't as active as I thought they'd be. This episode didn't really feel like a finale, but hopefully a second season comes out. This anime was both humorous and action filled. Overall, I'll give it an 8/10. The first half was really good, but the second half was average.
Old 2013-06-27, 23:08   Link #2188
Divini
Senpai!

That smile and umbrella twirl. So cute.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 23:09   Link #2189
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi

Old 2013-06-27, 23:21   Link #2190
takai
Easy Muffin

Troll opening. That was good. And... Development with Emi at the end? Awwww snap. I think it goes without saying that this needs a second season. All around great in every aspect. Even through the drama it still kept the comedy, which was its core.

I give Maou-Sama a well deserved 10/10. I thought maybe a 10 was too much, but thinking back on all the episodes, makes me think that it deserved it. Now we must wait patiently for the second season.

I have to say this just one more time, damn did I love this show.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:10   Link #2191
justsomeguy

* This show is pretty forgiving of all the evil overlord type stuff that Mao had done (assuming it all actually happened and was not just church propaganda). The show presents him as a pretty sympathetic protagonist, and there's no regret at all.

* The interesting part of the plot all comes from Ente Isla. The human world side is pretty boring, and doesn't really contribute anything other than setting. I'm not sure if the author intends that as a point, but that's what the effect is.

* What's up with the landlady? Her appearance screams out "old witch." She obviously knows much more than she should, but she just went on vacation, leaving the show.

* Love the understated voice acting. One would expect the typical yelling and screaming in a show like this, but there isn't, at least not on the part of the protagonists.

* The episodes are cut oddly. There were many times that they just end when I was expecting more. Heck, even the finale is like that.

Score: 8.5/10. Hoping for a second season.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:13   Link #2192
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
2 things I noticed at the beginning of the episode.

1) Maou always claims that he does not have enough magic power to return to Ente Isla. He then proceeds to create a portal to Ente Isla and threw Sariel in it, without entering it himself. What does that tell you?

2) Maou fixed a broken city, yet he left his bike in ruins...
Simple. He have no intention to return back to the stupid place that doesn't have fast food, internet, cinema, and supermarket. You know Enta Isle sucks when the fallen archangel declined the offer to return to heaven and rather to stay in a small room and called it "heaven".

Heck, even Emi seems don't want to go back.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 01:38   Link #2193
Traece
:cool:

This episo- no, this series was worth it for that final scene. Them going full circle and having Emi give him an umbrella was worth every second.

Well, it was also worth it because this series got some of the biggest laughs out of me in a very long time. Even the little details like him throwing Sariel into the portal using his leg just slayed me.

If we don't get a second season of Maou I will seriously get mad!
Old 2013-06-28, 01:47   Link #2194
U<3Anime
Boo!

What goes around, comes around, huh? Not a bad way to end the season with Emilia returning the favor.

Solid show overall with a great cast, visuals and humour which is all it needed to be one of the top shows of this season for me.

After taking a sneak peak of what's to come from the LN, I really wish a 2nd season
would come out ASAP!!!
Old 2013-06-28, 02:14   Link #2195
Siphine
The Dreamer

Unhappy

I love this series so much wait is there going to be a second season Maou don't leave me someone please tell me there is going to be a second season

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 02:20   Link #2196
ginger02

Watching episode 11, I had a question. The inquisition is a branch of the Church correct? They're basically executioners of people the Church deems heretics right? And the Allied Knight Order is like a separate faction against the Dark Lord but not following the Church's beliefs right?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 02:34   Link #2197
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A nice way to end things with Emi giving Maou a replacement umbrella. Certainly shows how far things have come.

While I still kind of wish they'd have focused more on the impact of Maou's actions in the past it was a really entertaining series. Never would have thought it'd work, but the premise did. Started off with epic battles and showed how all these people could just find a way to live in another world.

A lot of laughs, a few surprising battles, and a good of characters. I'd so be up for a second season if this ends up getting one.
Old 2013-06-28, 02:46   Link #2198
elior

i was watch the episode here in japan and it has been announced that season 2 is already on the work they said it at the end of the episode."see you in season 2"
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 02:47   Link #2199
hamazura
whatever

I love mcd manager-san, so pretty *_*
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 03:10   Link #2200
Mentar
Banned

I've been pondering why I liked Maou-sama so much. And aside from the obvious things (incredible facial expressions, great likable characters with interesting interaction, nicely animated action, good sense of humor) there is one thing I'd like to mention: The "small details".

Example: You may remember the scene when Emi spilled some milk while she was preparing her coffee. Suzuno saw it, also spilled some milk and did a fist-pump to celebrate her mimicking success.

I remember that I missed this little detail on my first watch-through, but I was in stitches when I noticed it during my second. In fact, it is in order not to miss these little gems that I actually bother to rewatch it. I'm not rewatching 90% of the anime I follow.

It shows how much love went into these small touches. Seeing Emi's edges of her mouth just gradually point upwards, have her cheeks turn just a little bit redder than before and then seeing her twirl her umbrella has so much more HNNNNNGGGGGG power than having a KyoAni-Moeblob beam her football-sized eyes at me with a starry background.

Whoever directed this show did a tremendous job.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work