AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-11, 00:27   Link #641
usagijen

Each and everyone is entitled to his / her own opinions

I guess I just don't like it when bad and depressing things happen because of the characters themselves, like they somewhat "inflicted" themselves with pain or something o_O (like in KimiNozo and Kimagure... the lack of strength(?) of the characters to tell the 3rd party that they already like someone else, and in Marmalade Boy, the lack of trust of both Miki and Yuu at each other at times... jumping to conclusions, and getting depressed without first confronting the person >_<) but oh well... =P

Back to KnS discussion... just saw episode 5, and I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the previous episodes... perhaps it's because I've once again seen some lack of understanding in Ayano's part... She's still immature at this point~ but I know it's going to be better later on

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-05-11 at 02:43.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 01:02   Link #642
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
lol what are the topics here again ?
for myself...KGNE is the very first anime where i'd like to throttle the main leads (both male and female) to death
that...or maybe i;'m just biased for haruka

nyway...back on topic.....
soo.....is the kannagi family allowed to marry outsiders(not of the clan) ?
because my knowledge on this clan thingy is still confusing for me
does all the member needs to be blood-connected to join the clan or whatever ?

someone enlighten me
being a mitsuki fanboy im not too sure about throttling her ~ but certainly the little leech who calls himself taka T_T

and it hasnt been stated yet how the clan works in terms of marriage ~ but usually these clans would pair up fire user with fire used and considering how power hungry the kannagis are i bet its the same ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
Back to KnS discussion... just saw episode 5, and I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the previous episodes... perhaps it's because I've once again seen some lack of understanding in Ayano's part... but of course that's going to get better later on. She's still immature at this point~ but I know it's going to be better later on
great thats something to look forward too and heck most teenagers are immature so i can relate to the personality ~ so far ayano still hasnt gotten into my annoying books yet though jealousy isnt a character stand point which i enjoy seeing i have to admit ~ but thats only if she just sits in the BG and moans all the time ~ ill give her the points back if she attacks kazuma

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 02:51   Link #643
usagijen

nothing much has been mentioned about forbidding them from marrying someone outside the clan, and I don't really think it's going to be an issue, considering that Soushu and even Genma are open-minded people. But, if I'm going to add something I got from Saiunkoku, I think it's preferred that you marry someone from the clan for stability... and of course, that'll give the parents more assurance, considering that they know [almost] your entire lineage and history =P
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 03:03   Link #644
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
But, if I'm going to add something I got from Saiunkoku, I think it's preferred that you marry someone from the clan for stability... and of course, that'll give the parents more assurance, considering that they know [almost] your entire lineage and history =P
Saiunkoku? Interesting... I'd heard that Saiunkoku was supposed to be vaguely based on ancient China, and I've always been told that Chinese tradition forbade marriage inside the clan (i.e. same surname).

The fact that Misao has a non-Kannagi surname seems to me to suggest that some outside mixing did occur at some point, though.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 03:04   Link #645
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Kazuma is from the clan though remember, so they know his lineage and stuff already. Yes he was thrown out for not being able to use fire magic, but once they learn he's a contractor i think they'll change their tune. Contractors seem to be very rare, and i think having any in the clan would strengthen them, especially now they've been seriously weakened with the loss of the Fuuya clan when they were all killed by their supposed god.

On a side note, i wounder if Ayano told her old man Kazuma was a contractor, or if Kazuma found some way to keep her quiet about it. Ren would be easy, just ask him and he'll do anything for his bro.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 03:32   Link #646
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

hey...talking about kazuma being a contractor....
what would you think if kazuma builds his own clan of fuujutsushi

well....the founder of the kannagi clan is a contractor, so it's not impossible
though considering kazuma's personality, he is not the type of ppls interested in this kind of stuff....but who knows...maybe later when all the events in kaze no stigma has finished ?

*i just remembered something....what if kazuma really paired with ayano in the end XD.....will they offspring be able to use both wind AND fire powers ?! *
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 03:48   Link #647
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I doubt they'd be able to use both, they're incompatible elements. I think its more likely that they'll have a higher chance of being one or the other. Which could cause problems since Kazuma was thrown out for not having fire capabilities
Old 2007-05-11, 04:06   Link #648
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
I doubt they'd be able to use both, they're incompatible elements. I think its more likely that they'll have a higher chance of being one or the other. Which could cause problems since Kazuma was thrown out for not having fire capabilities
Sure they're compatible =) Use the wind to feed the flames; the extra oxygen will make them burn better. It's water/fire that I would be more worried about. On the other hand, in this anime, it would probably come down to personality since that seems to be one of the key attribute for being a successful jutsushi.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 04:11   Link #649
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

depends on your definition of wind i suppose. The terms your describing would be Air, slight difference. Though to be honest i really dont see Kazuma thinking of Ayano like that, not yet atleast. He seems more like a older brother trying to teach an annoying younger sister.

But its still a young show, give it time lol. Though after ep5 Ayano still gets on my nerves, she seems to have regressed to being an infant again at times lol
Old 2007-05-11, 04:16   Link #650
kersi

little change in thread,
there's something bugging
Enraiha is wooden sword or that's only my imagination??
kersi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 04:20   Link #651
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol your imagination though it looks like it at time

From what ive gathered so far it basicly made from pure flame, and forged by her will. Thats why it disappears when she's done with it. Though thats just my guess.

On the speculation side im guessing its the original heads blade, and has been passed down to each successive head
Old 2007-05-11, 04:31   Link #652
kersi

still not sure
remember the sound it made after she fell in ep 4, it didn't disappear, it can but I think it doesn't have till Ayano calls it
Old 2007-05-11, 04:38   Link #653
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Yeah it becomes solid when she summons it, but in the earlier eps you see it being made from flames when she pulls it out of her hand. And after all, you couldnt pull a would sword out of your hand now could you
Old 2007-05-11, 04:47   Link #654
lightbringer
M9000

You see a difference between air and wind for elemental magic? lol. Now THAT's being picky, imho. Next you'll have me believe in the difference between fire and flame, and between water and current The way I see it he moves spirits residing in air to create wind, that's why they're called wind spirits... something like that.

Anyway, Kazuma already used wind in this capacity when he forced extra combustion when fighting against his own father, as well as in episode 1. But I am not insinuating that it's going to go that far. The last thing I want to see is a little nursery of chibi Kazumas and Ayanos.

@kersi:
That's been bothering me too... leaving the summoning aside (it's gotta be made of something once it takes a material form), it LOOKS like it's made of wood, and it even SOUNDS like it's made of wood. Maybe holy wood does not burn? lol. Also, the sword's design is rather bland, though we probably have the original author to thank for that.
Old 2007-05-11, 04:48   Link #655
kersi

i don't think she simply makes it from flames , as you said, she summons it and if it is sword of first head as you pointed ealier, it can be wooden, Well anyway wood is quite good burning material.
Old 2007-05-11, 04:49   Link #656
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

What can i say, as a pagan who deals with the elements ive been taught that there is a difference between air and wind. Fire is fire, whatever its form so your alright there
Old 2007-05-11, 05:03   Link #657
kersi

I know i'm stubborn as hell, so its difficult to convince me

but aside can wait to see how will Ren act in next epo , he is kind a most suprising person in show smart, cute and for sure he knows how to bear with his older brother (do it or i will cry )

about suprise
one of my cousins thought he was a girl at the beginning

Last edited by kersi; 2007-05-11 at 05:17.
Old 2007-05-11, 05:14   Link #658
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

to be honest i first thought of Ren as a girl, i mean he acts, sounds and looks like one. Especialy in ep5, the way he acts in the few minutes is so girly >.< Even Ayano looks a bit shocked by it heheh
Old 2007-05-11, 05:18   Link #659
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Anyway, Kazuma already used wind in this capacity when he forced extra combustion when fighting against his own father, as well as in episode 1. But I am not insinuating that it's going to go that far. The last thing I want to see is a little nursery of chibi Kazumas and Ayanos.
strangely enough...that idea seems kinda amusing
*well...at least until they started being arrogant/thick-headed like their parents *
in their early appearances of course...i'm still hoping 4 more chara development (especially ayano )

another interesting thing is...when kazuma flatly declines all of ren's offering of food and drinks...the way ayano hugs him made me thinking...."hey maybe she got some kind of motherly/sisterly traits in her too "
which...in turn triggered my curiosity of ayano being a mother *of kazuma's offpring nonetheless *
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 05:26   Link #660
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
...when kazuma flatly declines all of ren's offering of food and drinks...
Incidentally, I had no clue what they were saying. Thanks for clearing that up

Tags
fantasy, shounen